Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2012, 04:38 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times

Advertisements

Prayers are being said for all the requests here.

May God bless each and everyone of these requests with His unconditional love, comfort and peace.

Often we don't understand why bad things happen, but He is always nearby to heal a broken heart, comfort us when we are broken and in time turn our grief into pleasant memories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 09:33 AM

7,284 posts, read 12,932,345 times
Hello: I hesitate to ask for prayers again, reading above of some of the horrible tragedies people have suffered . . . my family has been going through a trauma and it endures . . .please pray that the young person we are so concerned about and all of our family will be blessed with insight, strength, faith, and courage . . .and that lessons will be gentle and God will have mercy . . .

Old 05-25-2012, 08:16 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,863,574 times
My brother and his wife will celebrate their 50th anniversary on June 2. Right now my SIL is in the hospital with pneumonia. Please pray that she will be well enough to renew her vows and enjoy the reception that is planned. She has been having numerous health issues since they removed a benign tumor from her brain in August. Dorothy needs lots of prayers. Thank you! God bless.

Old 05-29-2012, 03:29 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,898,289 times
We live near Washington DC, and yesterday my wife and I went into town to visit the WW II memorial and lay a small plaque for her father who died last year. He was at Pearl harbor when the Japanese attacked, and she wore her "Pearl Harbor Survivor" hat that he gave her.

Then we walked over to Arlington Cemetery and, for the first time, visited Section 60 where they bury some of the soldiers recently killed. We were absolutely overwhelmed. There were many people there, mostly sitting beside the graves of their loved ones. There were many tokens of affection placed on the graves. We talked with some of the people and they did not act like we were interfering with their grieving. They seemed to like sharing their stories with us.

For those of you who believe in the power of prayer, you might want to say a prayer for the people who are grieving for their loved ones who made their ultimate sacrifice to protect our country. I cannot comprehend the emptiness they feel, but if you believe your prayers can help comfort them, please do all you can. Thanks.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:00 PM

1,204 posts, read 2,528,359 times
Hi all. This is the first time posting in this forum but our family really needs some good prayers to go out.

My MIL called yesterday and she has been diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer. She as a tumor that has attached to her spine and she will be going in Friday for a scan to see if the cancer has spread anywhere else.

This woman has had cancer numerous times, and unfortunatly, this time the doctor said there really isn't anything they can do for her. He gave her 9 months, possible 12 months with radiation.

Please pray for Virginia. She is a fighter and will battle this as long as she can.

Old 06-24-2012, 09:25 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,226,551 times
Please keep our wildland firefighters in your thoughts, and all who have lost their homes here.

Old 06-24-2012, 09:43 AM

24,125 posts, read 32,504,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Please keep our wildland firefighters in your thoughts, and all who have lost their homes here.
In my prayers, Pam. I've been reading about the fires. Horrible and so dangerous for those who must get them under control.

Old 06-24-2012, 09:53 AM

My family is at the breaking point over a member we have been concerned about for several months. Please pray for us, if the spirit moves you.

Old 06-27-2012, 04:32 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times
Prayers of hope and safety for the residents, the firefighters, the animals and all who are touched in some way by the devastation of the Colorado fires.

Imcurious, the spirit moves many of the prayer warriors who come here daily and read and respond to the prayer requests..You are being heard and we faithfully pray for you, your family and the member who is in such need of prayer..

Special prayer for healing if it be His will and for comfort and understanding for Virginia who is suffering stage 4 cancer. May He enfold all of you with His love during this very difficult time

God Bless all those who come to this thread for whatever reasons and special blessings to the silent prayer warriors..
May you all be filled with the peace of knowing that God is always good, always there for all our needs which He knows before we lay our burden at His feet....

Old 06-27-2012, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Prayers of hope and safety for the residents, the firefighters, the animals and all who are touched in some way by the devastation of the Colorado fires.

Imcurious, the spirit moves many of the prayer warriors who come here daily and read and respond to the prayer requests..You are being heard and we faithfully pray for you, your family and the member who is in such need of prayer..

Special prayer for healing if it be His will and for comfort and understanding for Virginia who is suffering stage 4 cancer. May He enfold all of you with His love during this very difficult time

God Bless all those who come to this thread for whatever reasons and special blessings to the silent prayer warriors..
May you all be filled with the peace of knowing that God is always good, always there for all our needs which He knows before we lay our burden at His feet...
Thank you - your prayers are having impact and I appreciate it. We are still in crisis and would love any prayerful support to get through this difficult time. The particular family member needs intense prayer. Thank you so much and may all of you be rewarded tenfold for your efforts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality