Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2017, 04:56 PM

7,988 posts, read 12,187,003 times

Advertisements

One of the members who posts in the Religion forum contacted me the other day. The member has someone extremely close to them in the hospital, and things sound quite serious and tenuous. To those who either read this forum and actively pray, or those who simply read, please keep this individual's loved one in your prayers, as prayer is greatly needed. To those who may not be inclined towards prayer, but who hold compassion and caring, please send positive thoughts of light, love, and healing both for this member's loved one, as well as for the member. I know the member would greatly appreciate it!

Many, many thanks,
~June

Last edited by june 7th; 07-02-2017 at 08:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2017, 08:26 PM

Location: In my cat's house, until she finds a better human servant
372 posts, read 386,088 times
someone I know, who has had a tragic life, is dying of cancer and doesn't have long. Any prayers or good thoughts would be appreciated for them. I don't want to add too much to protect their privacy, but thank you.

Old 07-19-2017, 08:43 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,381,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
One of the members who posts in the Religion forum contacted me the other day. The member has someone extremely close to them in the hospital, and things sound quite serious and tenuous. To those who either read this forum and actively pray, or those who simply read, please keep this individual's loved one in your prayers, as prayer is greatly needed. To those who may not be inclined towards prayer, but who hold compassion and caring, please send positive thoughts of light, love, and healing both for this member's loved one, as well as for the member. I know the member would greatly appreciate it!

~June

Sadly Michael, my grandson, passed from this life into the next more beautiful, peaceful and loving life a couple of hours after June's post above.

Many of you know that he was a quadriplegic having sustained a broken neck in a diving accident 16 years ago. He lived with me and I was his primary caretaker. He amazed family, friends and strangers with the things he taught himself to do that they told him he couldn't with the very limited range of motion. He was also working on his BS degree.

Michael knew he would not come home after this surgery and I think I knew it too. He left a final note on FB to his friends and one to us on his computer.

I am heartbroken, but my faith sustains me..I miss him so much.

Old 07-23-2017, 08:23 AM

6,222 posts, read 3,977,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Sadly Michael, my grandson, passed from this life into the next more beautiful, peaceful and loving life a couple of hours after June's post above.

Many of you know that he was a quadriplegic having sustained a broken neck in a diving accident 16 years ago. He lived with me and I was his primary caretaker. He amazed family, friends and strangers with the things he taught himself to do that they told him he couldn't with the very limited range of motion. He was also working on his BS degree.

Michael knew he would not come home after this surgery and I think I knew it too. He left a final note on FB to his friends and one to us on his computer.

Thinking of you Miss Blue...hang in there.

Old 08-06-2017, 06:51 PM

1,543 posts, read 1,301,355 times
Quote:

Miss Blue,
I was moved by your post about your grandson Michael's passing, and the supportive comments from other group members. I came across this thread for the first time today, and am impressed that it is much less fractious than most of our forums.
From your description of Michael and his amazing courage, I believe Michael demonstrated the kind of faith that you and others can rest assured that he is now in a better place. Our pastor said in a recent sermon that our leaving this life can be viewed as the happiest day of our life if we are prepared to meet our Savior and stand before Him in a saved condition. Those of us who are left behind can be heartbroken, but have real consolation that his suffering is over.

Old 10-11-2017, 03:55 PM

23,827 posts, read 32,027,475 times
Please pray for me, and for my family.

Old 10-11-2017, 04:08 PM

63,234 posts, read 39,507,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
As always, sheena.

Old 10-11-2017, 04:35 PM

22,639 posts, read 10,141,541 times
Quote:

OMG, I have two grandsons and I just couldn't even imagine, I can't imagine losing a child, but a grandson?

SO SORRY!

Old 10-11-2017, 09:02 PM

31,374 posts, read 19,949,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
If thoughts of courage and comfort count for prayer, I'll send them your way.

Old 11-10-2017, 12:55 AM

123 posts, read 172,519 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality