Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-31-2007, 03:54 AM
 
Location: Anywhere but here!
2,800 posts, read 9,984,874 times
Reputation: 1715

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
I just wanted to pray for my brother who recently has filed for bankruptcy. He owns his own business and it has really been slow ,so filing CHAPTER 7 was his last consideration. I know and can feel the stress that he is going through.I just tell him to put all of his problems in the hands of the Lord and He will see you through.He has already had a heart attack from about 5 years ago and wouldn't want to hear of him having another.

I also wanted to pray for my brother's salvation,that he would have a closer walk with the Lord and that his eyes are set on the Lord and has the love of the Lord in his heart.

Thank you for listening to my prayers
I will keep your brother in my prayers. Sometimes, God uses these kinds of situations to draw us closer to Him...I will pray that that will be the case here with your brother. You seem like a very caring person...with someone like you in his life (and God by his side) he will come around
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-31-2007, 09:41 AM
 
Location: Plano, TX
224 posts, read 775,753 times
Reputation: 154
I continue to pray for everyone on this forum. We all seem to have some tough choices to make and our prayers are helping to keep us strong. Thank you everyone for all your prayers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2007, 07:29 AM
 
2 posts, read 3,669 times
Reputation: 10
Smile She's Home

Thanks to all, your prayers guided her to us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2007, 01:11 PM
HDL
 
Location: Seek Jesus while He can still be found!
3,216 posts, read 6,766,856 times
Reputation: 8662
Thumbs up Mabb, that is GREAT news!!!

Thank you for coming back and sharing that your puppy is back home !! Please feel free to come back to this thread and share other prayer concerns. This is a wonderful family of folks who come here daily and read the prayer requests and PRAY!!!

May God bless you Mabb and be with you!

Hugs,

~HDL~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabb View Post
Thanks to all, your prayers guided her to us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2007, 01:43 PM
 
Location: among the chaos
2,136 posts, read 4,776,174 times
Reputation: 993
Picked up a prayer book this morning while drinking my coffee and wanted to share. Hope you don't mind.

Ready to Believe

Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."
Matthew 21:21-22

My prayers do not always reflect a faith of true believing, Lord. I find myself asking without faith in the outcome, without fully trusting that You are listening. Fill my heart with faith that leaves no room for doubt. Let my questions be those of a seeker desiring a deeper relationship with You, rather than those of a person who places obstacles between my life and the One who made it.

As I practice the discipline of prayer, may it make me ready to receive all that is good, holy and of You. May my lips never release words that are not lifted up in faith.

from the book
One-Minute Prayers from the Bible
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2007, 02:17 PM
 
Location: Central Florida
1,408 posts, read 5,081,899 times
Reputation: 874
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post
Picked up a prayer book this morning while drinking my coffee and wanted to share. Hope you don't mind.

Ready to Believe

Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."
Matthew 21:21-22

My prayers do not always reflect a faith of true believing, Lord. I find myself asking without faith in the outcome, without fully trusting that You are listening. Fill my heart with faith that leaves no room for doubt. Let my questions be those of a seeker desiring a deeper relationship with You, rather than those of a person who places obstacles between my life and the One who made it.

As I practice the discipline of prayer, may it make me ready to receive all that is good, holy and of You. May my lips never release words that are not lifted up in faith.

from the book
One-Minute Prayers from the Bible
Amen.

Thank you, Father God, for your love. And thank you for the people on this board. Thank you for answered prayer. Thank you for what you are doing in all our lives. May You be honored by all we do! In Jesus Name, Amen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2007, 03:07 PM
HDL
 
Location: Seek Jesus while He can still be found!
3,216 posts, read 6,766,856 times
Reputation: 8662
Talking Please make that a DOUBLE AMEN my sisters in Christ!!!

Thank you for sharing that prayer with us weatherologist!! I will make it MY prayer for today also . And Nana, may God continue to bless you in all areas of your life! I so appreciated your 'summation' of all our prayer requests the other day !

Blessings to all !

~HDL~

p.s.
I'm still needing to find a job and/or wisdom regarding my situation. But I am still so blessed by our precious heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ. I just want you all to know how glad I am, to share in praying for all the needs on this thread.

Hugs and prayers to all of you for your love, kindness and faithfulness to pray as often as you can for the needs of those you know and those who just stop by briefly looking for help!!! May God's peace envelop you and His grace and mercy keep you this day and throughout the week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_TN_Nana View Post
Amen.

Thank you, Father God, for your love. And thank you for the people on this board. Thank you for answered prayer. Thank you for what you are doing in all our lives. May You be honored by all we do! In Jesus Name, Amen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2007, 03:42 PM
 
Location: Northern California
1,587 posts, read 3,901,128 times
Reputation: 541
Default Home sale

Hi y'all, I have been in and out of this thread and considering asking for prayer a number of times only I felt that maybe it was insignificant in the big scope of things. But now I'm feeling compelled to ask you all for prayer, and I thank you all in advance for listening.

The Lord has been leading us to Texas in many amazing ways...too many to list and we were suddenly on the fast track for relocation. Now all of a sudden the brakes have been put on...we are having a hard time selling our home. It's priced fair, but the market is slow.

Hubby's company in Texas needs him asap as the person they had doing contract work has notified the company that they are no longer available. The company is bending over backwards to make this work...they will send a computer to us so he can work from California. However, having hubby home in this small home, while homeschooling, and keeping the house tidy for potential buyers is really stressing me out. There is no room for hubby to go work in private. Hubby is going to talk to our pastor to see if he could possibly work out of the church in the meantime.

If you would not mind, could you please pray that our home would sell asap.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate each and every prayer lifted to the Lord on our behalf.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2007, 03:53 PM
 
Location: Texas
8,672 posts, read 22,210,561 times
Reputation: 21364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzedforhim View Post
Hi y'all, I have been in and out of this thread and considering asking for prayer a number of times only I felt that maybe it was insignificant in the big scope of things. But now I'm feeling compelled to ask you all for prayer, and I thank you all in advance for listening.

The Lord has been leading us to Texas in many amazing ways...too many to list and we were suddenly on the fast track for relocation. Now all of a sudden the brakes have been put on...we are having a hard time selling our home. It's priced fair, but the market is slow.

Hubby's company in Texas needs him asap as the person they had doing contract work has notified the company that they are no longer available. The company is bending over backwards to make this work...they will send a computer to us so he can work from California. However, having hubby home in this small home, while homeschooling, and keeping the house tidy for potential buyers is really stressing me out. There is no room for hubby to go work in private. Hubby is going to talk to our pastor to see if he could possibly work out of the church in the meantime.

If you would not mind, could you please pray that our home would sell asap.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate each and every prayer lifted to the Lord on our behalf.
Will continue to be praying about your situation there! We have several on the forum needing houses to sell: Kawg, Taylor, Montana Guy,jazzed...am I missing anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2007, 03:57 PM
 
Location: Northern California
1,587 posts, read 3,901,128 times
Reputation: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Will continue to be praying about your situation there! We have several on the forum needind houses to sell: Kawg, Taylor, Montana Guy,jazzed...am I missing anyone?
Maybe we need a prayer thread just for homes needing to be sold? We've never had this problem in the past so it's new to us. I need to get a list going...praying now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:28 PM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top