Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2007, 03:08 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,672,733 times

Advertisements

Heavenly Father, as we begin this long holiday weekend, I offer up a special prayer for the safety of my friends on cd..Watch over them and protect them and guide them as they take to the highways. I pray Lord that they will all return healthy and refreshed ..May we never forget to take you with us wherever we go...Through your precious Son, Jesus Christ, I pray....amen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2007, 04:37 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,050,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Heavenly Father, as we begin this long holiday weekend, I offer up a special prayer for the safety of my friends on cd..Watch over them and protect them and guide them as they take to the highways. I pray Lord that they will all return healthy and refreshed ..May we never forget to take you with us wherever we go...Through your precious Son, Jesus Christ, I pray....amen
Amen

(ten characters)

Old 08-31-2007, 04:52 PM

70 posts, read 126,945 times
I don't think that a prayer on Earth could help me. It was one of my grandmothers favorite hymns. "Did you think to Pray?"

Ere' you left your room this morning
Did you think to pray?
In the name of Christ our Savior
Did you sue for loving favour
As a shield today

Oh how praying rests the weary
Prayer will change the night to day
So when life seems dark and dreary
Don't forget to pray

When you've met with great temptation
Did you think to pray?
By his dying love and merit
Did you claim the Holy Spirit
As your guide today?

Don't forget to pray

When your heart was filled with anger
Did you think to pray?
Did you plead for grace my brother
That you might forgive another
Who had crossed your way.

Don't forget to pray

Don't forget to pray.

Old 08-31-2007, 09:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,836 times
Hi everyone- I am new to this forum and have been moved by reading the encouragement and uplifting mesages you all give each other. I pray that someone can include me in their prayers so that I may recieve the same encouragement for my situation.

I am having many problems in my marriage, and I hope that someone can agree with me in prayer that God will restore my marriage. I feel like the more I pray, the more Satan throws at me. Please remember my family in your prayers!

Old 08-31-2007, 10:21 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,672,733 times
[quote=jsmama;1402278]Hi everyone- I am new to this forum and have been moved by reading the encouragement and uplifting mesages you all give each other. I pray that someone can include me in their prayers so that I may recieve the same encouragement for my situation.

I am having many problems in my marriage, and I hope that someone can agree with me in prayer that God will restore my marriage. I feel like the more I pray, the more Satan throws at me. Please remember my family in your prayers![/quot

Heavenly Father, I pray that our new sisters prayers will be answered according to thy will..I pray that you will guide and direct her as she strives to put her marriage together. I pray that you will protect her from the evil one who roams this world, trying to destroy what you have made holy. In Jesus name, this is my prayer..amen

Old 08-31-2007, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmama View Post
Hi everyone- I am new to this forum and have been moved by reading the encouragement and uplifting mesages you all give each other. I pray that someone can include me in their prayers so that I may recieve the same encouragement for my situation.

I am having many problems in my marriage, and I hope that someone can agree with me in prayer that God will restore my marriage. I feel like the more I pray, the more Satan throws at me. Please remember my family in your prayers!
First, WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

I have said a prayer for you and will continue to do so. I know what it's like for a marriage to be in such turmoil. I have been married almost 20 years, we have had MANY problems. We have each filed for divorce over the years. We both came to Christ about 5 years ago, and slowly but surely our marriage has improved. I am not going to tell you that as soon as we became Christians it was all peaches and cream...FAR FROM IT! Not too long afterward, we were dealt more trials than ever. It's really a matter of being faithful to Him and making that commitment, not only to Him, but to each other as well.
With faith, love and Christ there is nothing that you and your husband cannot get through...remember that always! However, keep in mind that the devil is there trying to do his dirty work...Don't let him in!

You will be in my continued prayers! If you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to direct message me anytime!

Love and Blessings to you!

Old 08-31-2007, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobezee1 View Post
I don't think that a prayer on Earth could help me. It was one of my grandmothers favorite hymns. "Did you think to Pray?"

Ere' you left your room this morning
Did you think to pray?
In the name of Christ our Savior
Did you sue for loving favour
As a shield today

Don't forget to pray

When you've met with great temptation
Did you think to pray?
By his dying love and merit
Did you claim the Holy Spirit
As your guide today?

Don't forget to pray

When your heart was filled with anger
Did you think to pray?
Did you plead for grace my brother
That you might forgive another
Who had crossed your way.

Don't forget to pray

Don't forget to pray.
That is really awesome! I need to find the sheet music to this song so we can sing it at church! Thank you for sharing it with us!

Old 08-31-2007, 10:40 PM

I really don't think that he will mind this!

Everyone please keep MontanaGuy in your prayers. He has injured his back and can barely move at all.

I know MG isn't as offended by our prayers like some people are...so I thought it would be good if we can just remember him and ask God to raise him up...

AND BRING HIM BACK TO US!

Old 09-01-2007, 07:05 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,813,133 times
Gracious, Heavenly Father,

I come before you and lift up the CD Forum family. There are many needs here. Some spoken and some hidden deep in our hearts. You know them all Father. You knew us before we were in the womb. How amazing is your love. I ask you, Father, through Your grace and mercy to grant each of us wisdom to know your will, to seek You daily, to constantly be in Your presence. I ask you to be with those who are traveling this weekend. Keep them safe. I ask for complete healing of bodies and hearts. There are those amongst us who are ill, who are lonely, who are searching. There are those whose lives seem in such turmoil. I ask, Father, that you give us the strength and wisdom to lay our troubles at your feet. Through you all things are possible. You have said that all we need is faith the size of a mustand seed. Like the woman in the crowd, may we be bold enough to reach out and touch Your garment.

I ask these things in Jesus' holy name, Amen.

In the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Old 09-01-2007, 07:44 AM

8,007 posts, read 12,384,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
AND BRING HIM BACK TO US!
Can't argue with that!

Signed,
June
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality