Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2007, 09:08 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,811,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffncandace View Post
Thanks so much! He really is doing amazing, especially if you could see it. Praise God!

Praise God, is right!!! Amen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2007, 09:14 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,237,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post
Praise God, is right!!! Amen.
Thanks weather! And thanks for your kind rep too.

Old 09-03-2007, 09:21 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,707,179 times
Thank you O Heavenly Father for taking care of Dylan and bringing comfort to his parents. Thank you dear Father for the kind people here on CD who offered me advice and help with my tooth. Praise be to You for answered prayers, my tooth eased off tonight and I am not in tears anymore.

Thank you for watching over your flock, tenderly ministering where needed, and comforting and bringing peace to others.

You know our hearts Dear Father, and our needs. Forgive us our sins, and help us to understand what our sins are and were so we might learn to overcome them. Turn our hardened hearts to tender hearts, and let us reach out helping hands to those who need us. Help us to remember to reach out and teach love and respectfulness.

Help us to be better servants for You and to be good stewards of our faith. Remind us to be humble, teaching from our knees.

Show us mercy, although we deserve it not; help us to remember not to judge what we do not understand, and to always seek You in everything we do.

In Your Holy Name Amen

Old 09-03-2007, 09:37 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,047,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leana76 View Post
My prayer request is:

Pray for me to move out of Arizona and back to Texas in 6 months. I've been in Arizona for 7 years now and I don't like it here or the people. I miss "my kind of people" in Texas and am willing to move soon. We are already looking at some apartments in 4 different cities and towns. We will know by th end of this month. Thanks.
I'll be praying for you and hopefully not far behind! We're also trying to get out of Arizona and move to Texas. We're looking at Tyler and possibly San Antonio. Good luck on your move...I soooooo know what you're going through!

Old 09-03-2007, 09:58 PM

And Jeff, your little guy is in my prayers as well. Praise God he is doing so well!!

There is some stuff that I found that I will NEVER be without! It's called Burn Stuff. It's awesome! It works wonders on burns!!

Old 09-03-2007, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
And Jeff, your little guy is in my prayers as well. Praise God he is doing so well!!

There is some stuff that I found that I will NEVER be without! It's called Burn Stuff. It's awesome! It works wonders on burns!!
Thanks! Tried to google it...no dice!

Old 09-03-2007, 10:15 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,707,179 times
Quote:
what about silverdine (spelling) cream. It is great stuff as well.

Old 09-03-2007, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
what about silverdine (spelling) cream. It is great stuff as well.
Silvadine is good, but can't buy it over the counter. Burn Stuff you can walk into local Walgreens and buy it and it relieves the pain almost immediately! I don't know...can we

Old 09-04-2007, 05:16 AM

1,513 posts, read 3,402,035 times
Quote:
Jeff,

We have something in our cupboard called "Burn Gel." It's nice and soothing! I wouldn't hesitate to use it on very minor burns.

Now, I'm going to put on my ETT hat (ETT = Emergency Trauma Technician)...

We were told in our latest training (6 months ago) that the new medical treatment for burns is to do nothing, whether the burns are minor or major! Recovery of most burns is hampered by ointments, etc. We were told not to even lightly cover/wrap burns.

So, it might be a good idea to talk to your healthcare provider to see what he/she recommends. Obviously, Jeff's doctor gave him an ointment to use, so not all providers agree as to proper treatment.

Old 09-04-2007, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
Jeff,

We have something in our cupboard called "Burn Gel." It's nice and soothing! I wouldn't hesitate to use it on very minor burns.

Now, I'm going to put on my ETT hat (ETT = Emergency Trauma Technician)...

We were told in our latest training (6 months ago) that the new medical treatment for burns is to do nothing, whether the burns are minor or major! Recovery of most burns is hampered by ointments, etc. We were told not to even lightly cover/wrap burns.

So, it might be a good idea to talk to your healthcare provider to see what he/she recommends. Obviously, Jeff's doctor gave him an ointment to use, so not all providers agree as to proper treatment.
Well, they said to keep it clean and put the ointment on, but they did say NOT to cover it...especially because of his age! It would just come off anyway...

Thanks for the advice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality