Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-04-2007, 06:24 AM
 
Location: Plano, TX
224 posts, read 780,462 times
Reputation: 154

Advertisements

Good morning everyone...Can I ask that you all send out a prayer for me and my family. I heard from my realtor in Illinois last week. He said there is a couple that is very very interested in my house, they've gone to see it 2x now. They are just trying to figure out financing and all that fun stuff. Can you guys pray for the sale of the house in Illinois again? It would be really nice to not have to worry about it anymore!

Jeff, I'm so glad to read the updates on your son. He's doing so well. I'm going to try to find some of that ointment you recommended. I have a 3yr old and a 6yr old so it's better to be safe the sorry!

Blue, I'm glad your toothache eased. It must be such a relief to you.

Praise God for all he does!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-04-2007, 07:23 AM
 
Location: Texas
8,672 posts, read 22,370,117 times
Reputation: 21371
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor400 View Post
Good morning everyone...Can I ask that you all send out a prayer for me and my family. I heard from my realtor in Illinois last week. He said there is a couple that is very very interested in my house, they've gone to see it 2x now. They are just trying to figure out financing and all that fun stuff. Can you guys pray for the sale of the house in Illinois again? It would be really nice to not have to worry about it anymore!

Jeff, I'm so glad to read the updates on your son. He's doing so well. I'm going to try to find some of that ointment you recommended. I have a 3yr old and a 6yr old so it's better to be safe the sorry!

Blue, I'm glad your toothache eased. It must be such a relief to you.

Praise God for all he does!
Will definitely pray about the sale of your house. I know that would be a big relief for you guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2007, 07:28 AM
 
Location: Metro Detroit, MI
3,490 posts, read 3,241,448 times
Reputation: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Will definitely pray about the sale of your house. I know that would be a big relief for you guys.
Will pray here too. The Michigan seller's market is horrific now, so I know of many people desperate to sell...not a fun situation to be in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2007, 12:11 PM
 
Location: Between Here and There
3,684 posts, read 11,862,166 times
Reputation: 1690
Default There but for the grace of Go go I....

Please pray for Mary Destino. She is a teacher at my son's previous school. She, her husband and 13 year old son were in a car accident on Friday night. They were in stop and go traffic, their car was stopped and a dump truck slammed into them in the back. Mr. Destino and their son died. She is in shock trauma in critical care, heavily sedated and doesn't know of their death yet. She has a surviving 23 yr old son that on a whim decided not to drive out with the family that weekend and was spared.

Please pray for her recovery and that her heart is healed from the terrible loss of her loved ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2007, 12:36 PM
 
Location: Texas
8,672 posts, read 22,370,117 times
Reputation: 21371
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Please pray for Mary Destino. She is a teacher at my son's previous school. She, her husband and 13 year old son were in a car accident on Friday night. They were in stop and go traffic, their car was stopped and a dump truck slammed into them in the back. Mr. Destino and their son died. She is in shock trauma in critical care, heavily sedated and doesn't know of their death yet. She has a surviving 23 yr old son that on a whim decided not to drive out with the family that weekend and was spared.

Please pray for her recovery and that her heart is healed from the terrible loss of her loved ones.
Willl be praying, irish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2007, 12:53 PM
 
Location: Plano, TX
224 posts, read 780,462 times
Reputation: 154
I am praying for her, Irish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2007, 02:42 PM
 
Location: Metro Detroit, MI
3,490 posts, read 3,241,448 times
Reputation: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Please pray for Mary Destino. She is a teacher at my son's previous school. She, her husband and 13 year old son were in a car accident on Friday night. They were in stop and go traffic, their car was stopped and a dump truck slammed into them in the back. Mr. Destino and their son died. She is in shock trauma in critical care, heavily sedated and doesn't know of their death yet. She has a surviving 23 yr old son that on a whim decided not to drive out with the family that weekend and was spared.

Please pray for her recovery and that her heart is healed from the terrible loss of her loved ones.
Oh, dear God, how horrific and sad. I know these things happen everyday but it never makes it easier to hear about, or worse yet, to deal with if you know the people involved.

My sincere thoughts and prayers go out to this family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2007, 02:46 PM
 
Location: Mississippi
3,927 posts, read 8,710,897 times
Reputation: 11419
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Please pray for Mary Destino. She is a teacher at my son's previous school. She, her husband and 13 year old son were in a car accident on Friday night. They were in stop and go traffic, their car was stopped and a dump truck slammed into them in the back. Mr. Destino and their son died. She is in shock trauma in critical care, heavily sedated and doesn't know of their death yet. She has a surviving 23 yr old son that on a whim decided not to drive out with the family that weekend and was spared.

Please pray for her recovery and that her heart is healed from the terrible loss of her loved ones.
Am earnestly praying for that poor family. And for the driver of the dump truck, he must feel terrible about this..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2007, 02:56 PM
 
Location: Between Here and There
3,684 posts, read 11,862,166 times
Reputation: 1690
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
Am earnestly praying for that poor family. And for the driver of the dump truck, he must feel terrible about this..
Evidently the police received four 911 calls about the dump truch within the hour leading up to the accident. The driver was swirving and speeding not staying in his lane...driving crazy. The police haven't issued a statement yet about that, but I'm guessing they just hadn't caught up to him in time...it was on a remote road, that people travel to get to the beach here. So it's only busy on weekends. I will have to give myself some time before I can pray for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2007, 03:02 PM
 
Location: Mississippi
3,927 posts, read 8,710,897 times
Reputation: 11419
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Evidently the police received four 911 calls about the dump truch within the hour leading up to the accident. The driver was swirving and speeding not staying in his lane...driving crazy. The police haven't issued a statement yet about that, but I'm guessing they just hadn't caught up to him in time...it was on a remote road, that people travel to get to the beach here. So it's only busy on weekends. I will have to give myself some time before I can pray for him.
I understand your feelings perfectly. If it was a situation in where I knew the people really well, I would feel the same as you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:30 AM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top