Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2007, 08:21 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,355,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
I need to ask for everyone's prayers. As most of you know, we own a carpet cleaning business. Back in July, the transmission went out of our van and we had it replaced...however, the transmission blew while going down the highway this evening. This wouldn't be too terrible an ordeal EXCEPT for the fact that we were just starting to pull ourselves out of a financial crunch. The trans. should be under warranty, however, we are out of work and no money coming in until the shop can fix it!
Just a little prayer that we can get it back up and running in short amount of time.

Thanks everyone!
Will be praying for your situation, kawg!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2007, 10:30 PM

1,308 posts, read 3,415,891 times
Dear Friends.

One of our officers was killed and three wounded. He leaves behind a wife and kids. Prayers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and God bless you.

Police Officer Assistance Trust - Serving Those Who Serve

Old 09-14-2007, 10:38 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,046,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Vice View Post
Dear Friends.

One of our officers was killed and three wounded. He leaves behind a wife and kids. Prayers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and God bless you.

Police Officer Assistance Trust - Serving Those Who Serve
Will be praying Miami...fallen officers are just as sad as fallen soldiers . May God give the families peace and comfort through this horrible time.

Old 09-14-2007, 10:42 PM

1,308 posts, read 3,415,891 times
Thanks kawgpz550. God bless you.

Old 09-14-2007, 11:34 PM

740 posts, read 2,021,979 times
Hey guys... Can you please pray for the 25,000 employees at IBC https://www.city-data.com/forum/busin...ml#post1502291. These are really scary times... 16 days... there is possibly 16 days left for Wonder Bread, Hostess Twinkies..... This is really taking a toll on my husband. Not for himself so much, but for all of those who look to him for guidence. I am trusting God will provide...

You are all always in my prayers... I love you all.

Old 09-15-2007, 12:51 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,924,434 times
It's been a miserable week, and still no light at the end of the tunnel.
What's happening is my wife is suffering from a serious eye infection that the doctor says is "Scleritis". Handbook of Ocular Disease Management - Scleritis (http://www.revoptom.com/handbook/sect2g.htm - broken link)
If untreated, it can lead to blindness, among other things. The worst thing about it, at the moment, seems to be the horribly intense, sharp, piercing pain, that does not go away....usually worst like 2 to 3 in the morning. Yes, we have been to the doctors, and will be seeing another one tomorrow. Please agree with me in prayer that God will bring recovery and wellness for Sunshine soon...

Thank you!
Bud

Old 09-15-2007, 12:58 AM

2,800 posts, read 10,046,148 times
I will definitely be praying Bud! I'm sorry to hear she is going through such pain. I will be praying for comfort and strength for you both and wisdom for the doctors! Send her my love!

IBC, am praying for your husband's company situation as well!

Old 09-15-2007, 06:39 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,251,704 times
I would like to thank all of you for your uplifting prayer and support. I have really felt the work of God in my life.

Miami praying for your fallen hero's, and their families.

Old 09-15-2007, 02:22 PM

2,730 posts, read 6,470,603 times
May God's Guidance and Love bless each person who have posted on this thread. Now if you could pray for the victims' families AND the accused family,I'd appreciate it. They were all friends,co-workers and good citizens of our community. Thanks in advance,Chris

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=41316 (broken link)

WCSH6.com - Video (broken link)

Old 09-15-2007, 04:25 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,355,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
It's been a miserable week, and still no light at the end of the tunnel.
What's happening is my wife is suffering from a serious eye infection that the doctor says is "Scleritis". Handbook of Ocular Disease Management - Scleritis (http://www.revoptom.com/handbook/sect2g.htm - broken link)
If untreated, it can lead to blindness, among other things. The worst thing about it, at the moment, seems to be the horribly intense, sharp, piercing pain, that does not go away....usually worst like 2 to 3 in the morning. Yes, we have been to the doctors, and will be seeing another one tomorrow. Please agree with me in prayer that God will bring recovery and wellness for Sunshine soon...

Thank you!
Bud
That's sounds really awful! Will definitely be praying for Sunshine's healing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality