Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2013, 09:50 AM

16,673 posts, read 15,668,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
All people already have the same exact rights. To create a form of marriage explicitly for gay people would be to create a new right based on a sexual preference or choice. That is discrimination against the rest of us that don't like to be with people of the same gender.
I've lost track of how many times somebody has posted to inform you that sexual preference is not necessarily a matter of choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 09:57 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
I don't know what scientific material you have been reading, but the one's I read state it is a defect; it is NOT normal to be born gay. If ANY scientist claims that, I question their credentials.
You've been reading right wing propaganda, not science. It's not a defect. The only credentials in question are yours.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:04 AM

Quote:
No. The child was supposed to be born according to Gods will. God wanted that defect in the child. Why, I have no idea. A defect is an imperfection, and God definitely wanted imperfection all throughout humanity. He wanted people who were both confused about their sexuality and people who are perverted in their sexuality, and all mixtures of the two. God is racking up evidence of how humans would live without him. And really I think God did not personally create homosexuality, but he allowed it to establish itself in the human genome system and that we just naturally go wild in all the areas of pleasure in human life.
So why does homosexuality exist in the entire animal kingdom? Why have species flourished because of its existence? Are you so clueless as to actually think homosexuality only exists in humans?

Homosexual behaviour widespread in animals according to new study - Telegraph

Homosexual behaviour is a nearly universal phenomenon in the animal kingdom... part of a necessary biological adaptation for the survival of the species.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Take a look around...they are the darlings of society. You dare to insult a gay person in public and you're crucified.
In most states, gays can still be fired or denied housing just for being gay. Gays also have to endure the daily attack from people like and all the nasty names associated with it. Do you realize how hurtful the things society says about gays is? Do you have the foggiest clue how much harm you cause, even indirectly?

Old 02-07-2013, 10:12 AM

Quote:
I can choose whom I have sex with. I was born with a skin color.
Who you have sex with is not your sexual orientation. That is behavior. Orientation does not deal with behavior.

But seeing as you don't even know the difference between orientation and gender, I'm not surprised you are so confused over this.

Quote:
I don't care. We are not animals, are we?
We are in fact animals. Our DNA is 99% identical to Chimpanzees and Bonobos.

Quote:
Do we lack the ability to control whom we have sex with? Are you suggesting they are animals?
Still confusing behavior with orientation I see.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:14 AM

Quote:
I might. Under the right circumstances.
What circumstances would those be? Are you saying you find other men romantically/sexually attractive? If you look at a picture of a naked man, do you find it appealing?

Old 02-07-2013, 10:16 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWD39 View Post
There is no conclusive proof that people are born gay. If so, then prove it. A large number of gay people have some history of sexual abuse in their past. Studies have shown that the lifestyle is damaging, both physically and mentally.

In particular, this quote is pretty shocking:

“A strong case can be made that the male homosexual lifestyle itself, in its most extreme form, is mentally disturbed,” Dr. Whitehead asserts.

LifeSiteNews Mobile | Poor mental health among homosexuals caused by “lifestyle itself” or “discrimination”?

Now (unlike certain atheists who think mockery is a great thing) I don't think it's right to insult anyone personally, but I'm certainly not a bigot for being against the act of homosexuality.
When you get your information on Life Site News it is sure to be fraudulent.... Box Turtle Bulletin » Danish Study Refutes Paul and Kirk Cameron

Old 02-07-2013, 10:18 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
So why does homosexuality exist in the entire animal kingdom? Why have species flourished because of its existence? Are you so clueless as to actually think homosexuality only exists in humans?

Homosexual behaviour widespread in animals according to new study - Telegraph

Homosexual behaviour is a nearly universal phenomenon in the animal kingdom... part of a necessary biological adaptation for the survival of the species.

Sin is a human phenom, and humans get so perverted, that they have sex with animals. Men having sex with men, women with women, is perverted and unnatural. That's how I view it. Its inordinate lust. Now I don't mistreat gays at all, nor will I ever. Nor will I ever try to con my own views just to be a bleeding liberal in areas that I view as ultimately degrading to humanity.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWD39 View Post
There is no conclusive proof that people are born gay. If so, then prove it. A large number of gay people have some history of sexual abuse in their past. Studies have shown that the lifestyle is damaging, both physically and mentally.

In particular, this quote is pretty shocking:

“A strong case can be made that the male homosexual lifestyle itself, in its most extreme form, is mentally disturbed,” Dr. Whitehead asserts.

LifeSiteNews Mobile | Poor mental health among homosexuals caused by “lifestyle itself” or “discrimination”?

Now (unlike certain atheists who think mockery is a great thing) I don't think it's right to insult anyone personally, but I'm certainly not a bigot for being against the act of homosexuality.
Lifesitenews is a right wing propaganda site. Do you expect people to actually take you seriously when you're using lies are you resource to demonize gays?

Why does every legitimate medical organization on Earth agree sexual orientation is primarily fixed at birth? Why is the gay brain structured differently than the straight brain?

You are most certainly a bigot. Bigots use lies to justify their hatred. If you seriously cared about this issue from an open-minded truth perspective, you would be willing to listen to others and admit maybe you are wrong. Instead you use ultra conservative biased sources to condemn gays.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:22 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Sin is a human phenom, and humans get so perverted, that they have sex with animals. Men having sex with men, women with women, is perverted and unnatural. That's how I view it. Its inordinate lust. Now I don't mistreat gays at all, nor will I ever. Nor will I ever try to con my own views just to be a bleeding liberal in areas that I view as ultimately degrading to humanity.
How on earth do people loving one another effect or degrade you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality