Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 10:35 AM

265 posts, read 662,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post
You have to do what you feel you should as a Christian ( a no-brainer?)
Whatever the word of God says, that's your answer.
Just got back to this board and saw this.
Be careful when you're talking religion as to what is a " no brainer".
What is common sense to one group, is outrageous interpetation of the Scripture to another group.
I stopped believing in " no brainers" ie common sense a long time ago.
There are a lot of people that are practical left brainers and think animals are to be eaten, period.
They don't want to hear about animal cruelty because in their minds; there isn't any such thing.
As I said, in this world that we live in today; there is no such thing as a " no brainer."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2007, 10:47 AM

[quote=yhwhshalomjr;1791906][b][i]

Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting View Post
Of course. So why is there wide spread abuse at slaughterhouses and animals going to market?
Statics say that over 90% of the U.S. say they're Christians, so what
do they use as an excuse?

I think you have this forum confused with the Religious& Philosophy forum;

Why is that?

Old 10-22-2007, 10:50 AM

2,957 posts, read 7,362,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting View Post
Just got back to this board and saw this.
Be careful when you're talking religion as to what is a " no brainer".
What is common sense to one group, is outrageous interpetation of the Scripture to another group.
I stopped believing in " no brainers" ie common sense a long time ago.
There are a lot of people that are practical left brainers and think animals are to be eaten, period.
They don't want to hear about animal cruelty because in their minds; there isn't any such thing.
As I said, in this world that we live in today; there is no such thing as a " no brainer."
Good point.
Although, to me, the issue is also a no-brainer.

It is very, very wrong to abuse animals.

The "sin" question belongs in the Christianity forum because some of us here do not believe in sin, but also have a moral code.

Old 10-22-2007, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post
[
Quote:
You can say that again!!
Can't rep ya yet though, owe you one.
I was being a bit scarcastic with the figures. At least they see themselves as Christians; you know the numbers could be 90% see themselves as anti christian.

Old 10-22-2007, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b. frank View Post
Good point.
Although, to me, the issue is also a no-brainer.

It is very, very wrong to abuse animals.

The "sin" question belongs in the Christianity forum because some of us here do not believe in sin, but also have a moral code.
Thank you frank.
The issue is animal cruelty not whether one should eat meat!!

Old 10-22-2007, 12:29 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,652,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
In medieval times the whites thought that the blacks looked more like apes than humans, so they viewed them as subhuman. How can God be black if the Christians are white, right?
Sounds like sound (rascist) logic to me.
I am not being racist, I am being speciest. I am saying that according to my faith, humans are not animals.

Are you saying that because white people later "discovered" that black people are actually human and not animals, that someday we're going to find out that dogs, pigs, fish, horses are actually humans too?

Quote:
Anywayz, the fact that man resembles God does not give him the excuse to act like God, but most Christians forget this fact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis 1:27-30

God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. God blessed them; and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over every living thing that moves on the earth."
Then God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you;
and to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the sky and to every thing that moves on the earth which has life, I have given every green plant for food"; and it was so.
It has nothing to do with "Christians acting like God." Man is commanded to fill the earth, subdue it and rule over the animals.

Old 10-22-2007, 12:40 PM

3,086 posts, read 6,252,087 times
Quote:
Ah yes, the racism card.
If you are Christian you cannot be a racist and a racist cannot be a Christian.

It's like saying: if you are a man you cannot be a homosexual.
Therefore homosexual men do not exist.
This might have worked for the previous centuries, but not anymore.
No, it's like saying "if you are a vegetarian you do not eat meat. If you eat meat you are not a vegetarian". Tricky, when will you learn??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
In some countries it has been hard to come by food unless it is killed, and so I realize that it has to be done.
Yes, in many countries people do not eat animals "live"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dojilynn View Post
Yes, but we can have dominion without abusing them. We should respect them as living beings. Don't get me wrong, I love a good hamburger as much as the next person. But I do not agree with mistreating animals needlessly.
I agree!

Old 10-22-2007, 12:55 PM

5,004 posts, read 15,299,394 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka
In some countries it has been hard to come by food unless it is killed, and so I realize that it has to be done.
Quote:
Yes, in many countries people do not eat animals "live"...
I believe you know that I mean that there is no vegetation, so they have to rely on animals for food.

Old 10-22-2007, 12:56 PM

2,957 posts, read 7,362,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxor View Post
Man is commanded to fill the earth, subdue it and rule over the animals.
This is one big reason why I cannot stand Christianity.

The idea of imposing dominion over the Earth and all the creatures on it is misguided and arrogant at best.

Old 10-22-2007, 12:56 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,178,518 times
Originally Posted by jinxor
Quote:
Are you saying that because white people later "discovered" that black people are actually human and not animals, that someday we're going to find out that dogs, pigs, fish, horses are actually humans too?
No that is what you are saying. I never said that a dog is a cat.
Although they're both animals.
Humans believe themselves supior to animals just because they have intelligence, but they are still like every other animal.

Quote:
It has nothing to do with "Christians acting like God." Man is commanded to fill the earth, subdue it and rule over the animals.
Are you telling me that God does not rule over the earth and the animals?
Doesn't everything happen because God commanded it so?

Anywayz, I see no difference between what you just post and the superiority-belief of the Nazis.
The Nazis believed that they were destined to rule the world and everything in it in a 1000-year Reich.
Just because you believe as a Christian that your truth can be the only truth is proof that you are behaving just as superior as the Nazis.
Like the Nazis you base your truth on ideology and not reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality