Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 12:07 AM

756 posts, read 2,574,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
The only problem is there are no studies that actually link autism to vaccines....
you dont need studies to find truth.
there are many first hand accounts.

oh lets see anyone want to volunteer your child for a study with mercury/vaccine/autism.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 10:16 AM
xdr3jq2cw

n/a posts
Default Irishmom

If you do not understand the fear behind vaccinating, look a little harder. Unfortunately, the majority of the population is not is not given the tools by which to make an educated decision on vaccination. It is preferred that way because it is simply a matter of an old program known as Eugenics.

"Gates made his remarks to the invitation-only Long Beach, California TED2010 Conference, in a speech titled, "Innovating to Zero!." Along with the scientifically absurd proposition of reducing manmade CO2 emissions worldwide to zero by 2050, approximately four and a half minutes into the talk, Gates declares, "First we got population. The world today has 6.8 billion people. That's headed up to about 9 billion. Now if we do a really great job on new vaccines, health care, reproductive health services, we lower that by perhaps 10 or 15 percent."

Hidden in plain sight? Heck, not even hidden anymore.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:22 AM

2,472 posts, read 3,197,786 times
Those parents are screwing those kids over. Why is science so hard to understand for some people?

Old 08-29-2011, 10:23 AM

2,031 posts, read 2,987,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
And your point?

With studies linking autism to mercury used in vaccinations, do you blame her? Whatever means she can use to get her ends.

If you're saying the problem is that she is not religious, I see it every day in "religious" people who do what they want, are as mean, hateful and judgmental as they want to be and claim they are saved.

At least this woman admits it.
Most certainly.

There are 'studies' supporting... well, everything. Got a point of view? Rest assured, there's a 'study' saying you're spot-on.

In this particular case, the overwhelming bulk of the medical establishment runs counter to the claim that vaccines cause autism.

It's nothing but child neglect, with the cheap excuse that it's all right since it's done in the name of religion, and somebody, somewhere, has provided a justification for it, now matter how baseless.

Yeah, I certainly do blame this mother for risking the health of her children for baseless, nonsensical reasons.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:26 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMo View Post
I had a medical exemption for my children here in MIssouri. We had a son die 24 hrs after receiving his first vaccines. All my children had horrible reactions to the MMR. My son should never have received any vaccine. I was lucky with the ones that did receive vaccines.
OMG I am so sorry for your loss. Now I can say "yes" when some idiot asks me if I can PROVE that vaccines are dangerous. NO ONE SHOULD BE FORCED to inject poison into their body, not for any reason.

20yrsinBranson

Old 08-29-2011, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
The only problem is there are no studies that actually link autism to vaccines....
Studies are conducted by the people who MANUFACTURE AND DISTRIBUTE the vaccines! Endless evidence of falsified results, fraud, and outright LIES have been proven by 3rd party agencies. You cannot trust pharmaceutical companies who stand to make millions or billions of dollars to provide honest, unbiased results about their products. To expect that is sheer folly.

20yrsinBranson

Old 08-29-2011, 11:47 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,913,302 times
If you want a return to pre-vacination rates for diseases that kill or have serious consequences, then don't vaccinate your children.

Whooping cough, or pertussis, is one of those diseases that we haven't heard about for decades, after its near eradication in the 1970s. Babies are given the DTap (diptheria, tetanus and pertussis) vaccine several times, starting at 2 months, and it is often repeated at 15-18 months and then 4-6 years old.

Antibiotics can help fight whooping cough, but the further into the course of the disease they are taken, the less effective they are. While many parents are afraid of autism and other developmental risks from the vaccine, the fact is that whooping cough, can cause some of those very problems, and even be fatal.

WHO | Measles

Quote:
Measles is one of the leading causes of death among young children even though a safe and cost-effective vaccine is available.
In 2008, there were 164 000 measles deaths globally – nearly 450 deaths every day or 18 deaths every hour.
More than 95% of measles deaths occur in low-income countries with weak health infrastructures.
Measles vaccination resulted in a 78% drop in measles deaths between 2000 and 2008 worldwide.
In 2008, about 83% of the world's children received one dose of measles vaccine by their first birthday through routine health services – up from 72% in 2000.
While this is not currently happening in the US, if people continue to stop getting the MMR, it will most certainly cause outbreaks and deaths.

CDC - Measles: Outbreaks

Quote:
During 2008, more measles cases were reported than in any other year since 1997. More than 90% of those infected had not been vaccinated, or their vaccination status was unknown.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:33 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Studies are conducted by the people who MANUFACTURE AND DISTRIBUTE the vaccines! Endless evidence of falsified results, fraud, and outright LIES have been proven by 3rd party agencies. You cannot trust pharmaceutical companies who stand to make millions or billions of dollars to provide honest, unbiased results about their products. To expect that is sheer folly.

20yrsinBranson
Talk is cheap...Let's see some evidence of your assertions.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Talk is cheap...Let's see some evidence of your assertions.
Should Drug Companies Carry Out Their Own Clinical Trials?

Rigged Clinical Trials: Drug Studies Favor the Pharmaceutical Companies

Should you enroll in a clinical trial? - Harvard Health Publications

there are many more....

20yrsinBranson

Old 09-01-2013, 01:16 PM

1,500 posts, read 886,209 times
Sorry if I am responding to a very old thread...

BUT...as a health care professional the subject of vaccines, autism and studies is something I have followed and feel obligated to offer my scientific opinions...everyone of course may accept or not what I have to say

Firstly the "studies" that implicate the "mercury" in vaccines causing autism were done by a "doctor" in the UK..his name is WAkefield..sorry cannot remember his first name..but google Wakefield and vaccines and you should find it..

Secondly..yet mercury is used as a preservative in multidose vials...tho the amounts are miniscule..it is mercury...the medical community..ie the evil drug lords have done most everything possible to eliminate the mercury element..easiest solution was to do away with multidose vials..each single dose vial does not need preservative!!

thirdly...back to this Wakefield guy..he has been stripped of his medical license in the UK...most if not all of what he proposed has been debunked..again google it

Forthly...I do surely agree that we are giving WAY too many vaccines at the same time!! your pedi should be amenable to less "combos"..if not..get yourself another doc

Lastly...I have no answers to the increase of incidence of autism..which indeed is very scarey to any parent...I wish I could pinpoint an answer but there are so many factors..like older moms as possible..plus increased ability to "call what is going on autism"..when 50 years ago we had no such diagnostic terms..

and perhaps more important is what this fear of vacccination is doing to the rest of the population ...one only needs ONE kid in a classroom to develop measles or whooping cough and it can be a public health diaster..just this week an entire school had to be closed because of a measles outbreak..

Also the days of simply "opting out"..which I truly believe should be the right of any parent..can and does prevent where your kids can go to school,,college etc...

When I was working as an NP and was doing pre college health updates..for example the state of Mass bolding stated they would NOT accept any incoming student who had not been vaccinated..as the previous year they had a huge measle outbreak in colleges that literally closed down major colleges for weeks..yes as a parent can fill out all the "releases " they want..but your kid won't go to Harvard or Tufts then..may not be an issue..but this will spread to other states

as for younger states..some will require home schooling so as to protect the other kids..

do what you feel is best for your kids..but be aware that there will be blow back depending upon where you live

as for babies and those multiple shots at one time..just say NO..and come back a week or so later..one will not be able to determine WHICH vaccine your kid is reacting to if they receive five different meds at a time

as for the mercury risk..I believe that has been reduced or obviated as much as can be...insist on single dose vials for instance..

good luck to all parents....autism is so scarey as to be a real threat..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality