U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2013, 06:21 PM

93 posts, read 177,810 times

Advertisements

I have a friend who has posed the strangest situation with an Indian priest and has asked me for help.

Supposedly she was raped by this priest but only in a psychic "astral" way. He has since returned to India eight months ago but still keeps in touch with my friend in NE FL, but now he is trying to maintain a sexual relationship with my friend ostensibly because he wants her to be his astral wife while at the same time showing he's conflicted by saying he wants to bring her to Jesus to beg for mercy. That is such a ridiculous concept to me that I can't help but laugh at the idea that any priest would claim to have holy intent and act like that, but I know my friend is totally sincere and trustworthy. She has shown me other websites that discuss such situations.

Further, supposedly he constantly talks about another former parishioner as if he has some hate/love relationship with her as he calls this other person a piece of trash but then says he wants my friend to engage in a menage a trois. Confused?!!! I certainly think it's absurd. Any advice, as I'm at a loss to try to help her?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 07:36 PM

3,751 posts, read 6,738,457 times
Wow- what craziness.
Why does your friend continue to engage with this questionable person?
Does she think that this is strange just as you do? Or is she so immersed in it that she cannot see what is going on.
If I had been sexually approached in the astral realms by someone 'uninvited', I don't care who they are, they would be blocked from my life and energy forever.
The guy is obviously sickly twisted and has power and needs to be put out far away.

Old 02-09-2013, 09:12 PM

2,828 posts, read 3,871,678 times
paxquest.... what do you mean by (in a psychic "astral" way)?

Old 02-09-2013, 09:48 PM

I can only tell you what my friend explained. This was a priest that who had been a pastor who somehow entered into another sphere with her on the conscious/subconscious level for quite a while without her being aware of it. They supposedly can now hold discussions about lots of things though he is the most inconsiderate entity she has ever met and will wake her up, threaten her well-being and that of her family, supposedly can influence other people's attitudes if they are weak, etc. Hence the term I thought of first, psychic, but there is also another level of relationship in the Platonian "astral" tradition. I have no more explanation than that. I don't know what to make of someone who acts as she describes, but I know from research after she shared this with me that such relationships have been experienced by others. I just do not know how to assure her as I agree with OwlKaMyst that this priest is extremely twisted and should be ignored.

Old 02-10-2013, 05:34 AM

8,694 posts, read 7,905,241 times
The psychic connection is not of Lord Jesus but of demonic in nature , as Lord Jesus lead people away from all occult astral psychic sexual manipulation , as this is not under the authorship of Jesus Christ, but from the world and its demonic activities .....So if any Priest who say he is of Lord Jesus and does this demonic activities is in a gross error, and people should reject relations with the man ...

Old 02-10-2013, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxquest View Post
I can only tell you what my friend explained. This was a priest that who had been a pastor who somehow entered into another sphere with her on the conscious/subconscious level for quite a while without her being aware of it. They supposedly can now hold discussions about lots of things though he is the most inconsiderate entity she has ever met and will wake her up, threaten her well-being and that of her family, supposedly can influence other people's attitudes if they are weak, etc. Hence the term I thought of first, psychic, but there is also another level of relationship in the Platonian "astral" tradition. I have no more explanation than that. I don't know what to make of someone who acts as she describes, but I know from research after she shared this with me that such relationships have been experienced by others. I just do not know how to assure her as I agree with OwlKaMyst that this priest is extremely twisted and should be ignored.
I don't get what you mean by "entered into another sphere." Is this supposed to be like the Twilight Zone or something? Are you saying he (the priest) is taking control of her mind and thoughts from afar....... without any physical contact? His mind controlling her mind from across the ocean? Or are they having phone conversations and she feels she is under his control that way and is being intimidated by what he says?

If she thinks she's being controlled by someone from a distance, without any physical contact taking place, and is having discussions with that person in her mind, then I would suggest she seek psychological help.

If he is contacting her, via phone, email, etc., and saying inappropriate things, then that's another matter altogether different. She can stop answering her phone when his name comes up on her caller ID or she can report the guy.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:23 AM

From the article " Spirit posession" in Wikipedia..

Snippet:
Quote:
Spirit possession is not recognized as a psychiatric or medical diagnosis by the DSM-IV or the ICD-10. Possessees sometimes exhibit symptoms similar to those associated with mental illnesses such as psychosis, hysteria, mania, Tourette's syndrome, epilepsy, schizophrenia, or dissociative identity disorder,[36][37][38] including involuntary, uncensored behavior, and an extra-human, extra-social aspect to the individual's actions.[39] In cases of dissociative identity disorder in which the alter personality is questioned as to its identity, 29% are reported to identify themselves as demons,[40] but doctors see this as a mental disease called demonomania or demonopathy, a monomania in which the patient believes that he or she is possessed by one or more demons.[41]

Link:
Spirit possession - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by june 7th; 02-12-2013 at 05:06 AM.. Reason: To adhere to CD's copyright formatting.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:30 PM

"Those most susceptible to being possessed are people with weak boundaries and low self-esteem, pointing to dysfunctional ego involvement in manifestations of this phenomenon rather than actual outside entities."

This is most true of the other people that that particular priest took advantage of. They were extremely stupid and egotistical according to my friend, but my friend is not either. She clearly acts within reasonable boundaries and is treated by just about everyone with respect and dignity and viewed as a mature, healthy, happy and holy professional. One might argue whether egotistical behavior stems from insecurity and low self-esteem, but many do not feel that is debatable. A secure and emotionally well-rounded mature person does not expect others to boost their ego but realizes that they can live peaceably without calling undue attention to themselves. Stupid people OTH love to have their egos stroked, and even those who may be somewhat more intelligent are very stupid when they act in ways that are not supportive of everyone's wellbeing. But that tends to be the normative in the US culture and I understand that several people were victimized unknowingly. My friend OTH recognized him for being duplicitous and confronted him before resigning from that church.

Nezlie, the other statement you need to be very mindful of as there are many other cultures in which that these types of situation are indeed normative, so perhaps it is best to refrain from addressing this from a western or US limited perspective. Perhaps you might research how common this type of behavior is in India as well as other non-western zones.

There are very many well-known instances of para-normal (by our standards) ability to communicate as cursory research will support. Meditative training allows the higher consciousness to explore beyond traditional boundaries.

Old 02-17-2013, 04:12 AM
Zur

949 posts, read 700,333 times
There is a natural world, we can see and there is a spiritual world we cannot see with our natural eyes. This "pastor" is operating in witchcraft. He can go out of his body with his "astral" body and influence other people operating in the power of Satan. I was sexual tormented by a witch I had no contact with, I lived in another country, she did not know my address, but she visited me, God opened my eyes when I was fasting, she stood there in the air in my room. I told her to go in the name of Jesus and she disappeared. I cut all relations with her in the name of Jesus and renounced every demon that came through her. I was free, because Jesus makes free indeed, there is power in His name, He has defeated Satan and all his works (Luke 10:19).

Old 02-25-2013, 04:16 PM

zur, interesting you mentioned this as I understand this "pastor" actually deleted Jesus' name in an email that my friend sent out. I was amazed to receive her email where she clearly denounced the pastor directly and copied people she knew were prayerful people. The copy she printed out showed she had indeed typed "...in the name of Jesus ..." and when I and other people received the email Jesus was omitted but the space was still there. His demonic strength is interesting but is not as powerful as Jesus' strength. Also, it is very interesting that this pastor is obsessed with another female parishioner who he focuses on. As far as I can tell both he and this other woman are garbage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality