Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2007, 02:43 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,937,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by b. frank View Post
Well, the pain relief is still there despite the carcinogens.
I suppose you are saying that the pain relief is not WORTH the intake of carcinogens.
But you cannot know that until you use marijuana for pain relief yourself.
Exactly! Just ask my friend with brain cancer if it's worth the risk... uh, especially considering he already HAS cancer! He's been suffering for more than 10 years, has been through multiple brain surgeries & I think 4 rounds of chemo now - and he's only 34 years old. Before getting the marijuana Rx, he couldn't keep any food down, and was literally wasting away... this was causing more problems with his health, and the doctors didn't even think he'd live beyond a year. He smoked plenty of pot as a teen (we were Deadheads, LOL), but I guess he'd stopped until getting the prescription. Since then his appetite has been healthy, he doesn't throw up every meal, and it's helped immensely during chemo treatments. He is at a MUCH healthier weight, and the prognosis is looking a tad better these days (though he's still considered terminal). But hey, if his lungs are being damaged gradually, I think that's the least of his problems.

Oh, and I also watched my mother's best friend die of breast cancer, after fighting it for 15+ years... and in her last months, she actually asked me if I could get marijuana for her - but I think she ended up getting it from her daughter. Would you deny a dying woman some relief in her final months?? My situation is much less grave, and I could live without the pot if it was illegal tomorrow; but these people I've described are the REAL reason it's medically legal here, and should be in all parts of the U.S. Ridiculous debate, IMO.

Old 10-26-2007, 02:47 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
A persons doctor can prescribe effective pain medication for his patients and in case of extreme pain such as my daughter was in with cancer she was prescribed im pain medication..

I didn't know there was a tch pill..If it is approved by the FDA and the persons doctor also approves of it along with any other meds that he may be taking, then no, I would have no problem no problem with that at all As I said in my post the smoke contaminents taken into a persons lungs eventually is carried to all parts of the body and can harm not only the lungs.. I hope you understand that I am not talking about the use of marijuana by a terminal patient..If that is their choice of pain relief and they were a member of my family, I would probably go to the guy at the head of the holler here and get a dime bag for him

Old 10-26-2007, 02:59 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Yes, there is a pill form, and I believe it's called "Marinol." You can also eat pot in food, as mentioned earlier, or use less damaging forms to smoke... so while the lung damage is a concern, there are definitely ways around it! Not to mention, cigarettes are legal, even though they cause MORE damage - and alcohol is legal too, even though it can kill people much more easily than pot. Those are my main arguments, since I think they unfairly single out the marijuana. If cigarettes and alcohol are legal, marijuana should be as well, IMO.

Old 10-26-2007, 06:02 PM

37,465 posts, read 61,388,499 times
My faith has no issues against a person using herb.

Old 06-14-2009, 11:57 PM

56 posts, read 263,604 times
We are trying to change the medical marijuana laws here in Florida to match.. PUFMM.com

Old 06-15-2009, 02:38 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,503,624 times
I wish we could just skip this "medical marijuana" and go right to the question of whether marijuana is so dangerous that an adult may not be allowed to use it.

Old 06-15-2009, 07:12 AM

37,465 posts, read 61,388,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill
I wish we could just skip this "medical marijuana" and go right to the question of whether marijuana is so dangerous that an adult may not be allowed to use it.
'Dangerous'?

Per ounce marijuana has more nicotine than tobacco has, but it is impossible to be a 4-pack/day pot smoker.

Whereas 4-pack/day cigarette smokers were once common in our culture.

If you did not smoke the marijuana; if you ingested it, or vaporized it, then you would not get the nicotine at all.

What other danger is there?

Old 06-15-2009, 08:29 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,520,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
Yes, I remember them well ( well sort of ) those "mystical" experiences.
I could never remember the "enlightenment" the day after, so I decided to write one down. So the next morning, I anxiously looked for the paper that contained the hidden "truth" .
And there it was in handwritten pencil; "the frog jumped over the puddle".

Can anyone tell me what it means?
scratch!

with some discipline and resilience you could have mastered it by now.
imho.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:32 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,184,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jufrbo View Post
I a evengelical christian, not a whako though, I find nothing wrong with enjoying the herb that god put on earth. It says nothing in the bible about it. What do you think?
Enjoy it! It's a great herb with many benefits.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:35 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,068,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jufrbo View Post
I a evengelical christian, not a whako though, I find nothing wrong with enjoying the herb that god put on earth. It says nothing in the bible about it. What do you think?

there are a lot of harmful things that grow in the earth that are harmful to us, but aren't mentioned in the Bible.

The government has determined it to be illegal. That's the biggest reason you should avoid partaking. If you call yourself a Christian you should obey the government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality