Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 03:07 PM

2,957 posts, read 7,384,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Not to mention that for medicinal purposed there is oral THC or is it TCH...I'll have to check...but the point being there are other ways to get the medicinal affect, closely monitored and dosed.
So it's the actual smoke that bothers you?
It looks like gizmo clearly outlined the ways that it can be legally monitored and dosed.

Old 10-25-2007, 03:13 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,338,677 times
Default God bless opiates

I'm reminded of a documentary on pain. In it a successful business women who suffered extreme physical pain from rhumatoid arthritis took a form of prescribed heroin. The results were miraculous. The drug, if properly prescribed inhibits the nerve transmissions of pain, but creates no "high".
The women was shown getting up in the morning full of pain. She looked horrible and aged beyond her years. Then we were shown the same women dressed for work after her injection, and she was a different person.
Although I believe there are many medicinal gifts that can be abused, it does not take away from the outstanding benefits we can derive from them.

Old 10-25-2007, 03:16 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,815,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b. frank View Post
So it's the actual smoke that bothers you?
It looks like gizmo clearly outlined the ways that it can be legally monitored and dosed.
I don't see any reason for the need to smoke it and damage your lungs which will eventually lead to COPD and possibly cancer when you can get the same effect through a safer route.

Old 10-25-2007, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
I'm reminded of a documentary on pain. In it a successful business women who suffered extreme physical pain from rhumatoid arthritis took a form of prescribed heroin. The results were miraculous. The drug, if properly prescribed inhibits the nerve transmissions of pain, but creates no "high".
The women was shown getting up in the morning full of pain. She looked horrible and aged beyond her years. Then we were shown the same women dressed for work after her injection, and she was a different person.
Although I believe there are many medicinal gifts that can be abused, it does not take away from the outstanding benefits we can derive from them.
Definitely many cancer patients take a medication form of cocaine, heroin, cannabinoids, etc. There are benefits to these things. But they should be prescribed and delivered through the safest route. Pharmacuetical compainies are now working on developing an inhaler version that filters out the toxic chemicals and smoke and delivers the drug through your lungs (second fastest method of drug absorbtion in the body) much like inhaled steroids, migraine medications or asthma medications.

Old 10-25-2007, 03:23 PM

258 posts, read 790,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinFromBoise View Post
I a evengelical christian, not a whako though, I find nothing wrong with enjoying the herb that god put on earth. It says nothing in the bible about it. What do you think?
Anything that impares or otherwise changes a person's brain function can't be approved of by God. "Keep your senses" is something God's word tells us to do. To reason that the Bible doesn't speak of something therefore it's ok to do is the thinking of an immature Christian. There are many things that exist today that are not spoken of in the Bible, things that a Christian with a developed conscience would know are wrong.

Old 10-25-2007, 03:42 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,338,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennesseedreamin View Post
Anything that impares or otherwise changes a person's brain function can't be approved of by God. "Keep your senses" is something God's word tells us to do. To reason that the Bible doesn't speak of something therefore it's ok to do is the thinking of an immature Christian. There are many things that exist today that are not spoken of in the Bible, things that a Christian with a developed conscience would know are wrong.

I tend to agree, but there again, how barrels to Jesus change into wine?
My quess is there were more than a few "impaired" quests.

Old 10-25-2007, 03:53 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times
I know a family of pot addicts. The mother, who is now 59, had her son, when he was a teen, get her bags of pot. She smokes in front of her grandchildren. I once saw her son-in-law take a bedroom drawer and scrape out the bits of pot so that they could get a joint.

The entire family is like this. They smoke every chance that they get.

And they say it is not addictive. Cut me a break.

And have you ever been with someone that is driving while high? It is a terrifying experience.

Old 10-25-2007, 05:06 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,273,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
LOL... here are some of my favorite munchies for ya'll:

Has anyone tried the new Oreo Cakesters?? OMG, if eating those isn't a sin, I don't know what is!!
That does it!!! My attack of the munchies has now officially taken over!

June is heading over to "The Heavenly Hunger Hut," pronto!!!!

Old 10-25-2007, 05:08 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,886,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
I don't see any reason for the need to smoke it and damage your lungs which will eventually lead to COPD and possibly cancer when you can get the same effect through a safer route.
There has never been a case of lung cancer attributed to pot, i can get multiple studies linkd up on here later.

Old 10-25-2007, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinFromBoise View Post
There has never been a case of lung cancer attributed to pot, i can get multiple studies linkd up on here later.
I've seen the studies and they are not conclusive...there will be a better pool of people to study in another 20 years...the studies to date have relied on people under 40 who are not at the age that cancers strike as often which is why I said possibly cancer. Irregardless COPD is definitely a risk and saps a person's quality of life and can be just as fatal. So smoking is not the safest route to get the medicinal effect (which is what I was talking about) of the cannabis. Recreational use is illegal and I wouldn't do it just for that reason. To each is own, if it's worth the risk to you and you don't do it near me or my kids (and hopefully your own kids as well) then that is your choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality