Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 09:05 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,269,927 times

Advertisements

Beat me to the response, thanks sanspeur.
Same-old, same-old.
I guess they believe if they say it over and over enough then someone will believe it.
What I find most amusing is that they don't believe that we know who we are, that we require them to define us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2008, 10:26 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,118,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Beat me to the response, thanks sanspeur.
Same-old, same-old.
I guess they believe if they say it over and over enough then someone will believe it.
What I find most amusing is that they don't believe that we know who we are, that we require them to define us.
Well that's how it works isn't it chielgirl? I remember the brainwashing I got in Catholic schools and church ...Same creed said over and over ad infinitum. The same technique used by cults world wide.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:25 AM

571 posts, read 852,943 times
im in catholic school i dont consider it brainwashing because the reason im athiest is me learning about the old testiment. However this does appear to be one big ass long sanat story. I mean seriously sing a santa song and it will apply to your religion. I blindly accepted that however i now know that i must learn and set all emotions aside when deciding.

Old 05-06-2008, 12:44 PM

415 posts, read 610,847 times
Does the law that put "In God We Trust" on the nation's coins violate the U. S. Constitution? Where does the Constitution grant the government jurisdiction over whether or not we trust in God?

Old 05-06-2008, 02:19 PM

571 posts, read 852,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashTheCash View Post
Does the law that put "In God We Trust" on the nation's coins violate the U. S. Constitution? Where does the Constitution grant the government jurisdiction over whether or not we trust in God?
this is just stupit i dont care neither should anyone eles. i dont look at the cash and get affended

Old 05-06-2008, 02:56 PM

158 posts, read 445,949 times
Default Wow! What A Rebuttal! I Feel Defeated Already!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Not one of the links you posted led to an unbiased site...They are all either biblical or creationist sites and the information there is less than useless.
First of all, there's no such thing as an unbiased site. Biasedness is not a criterion for uselessness! Sites on Evolution, Billions of years, and the Big Bang are also biased. There are more or less biased sites but it's impossible to be 100 percent unbiased! So your argument fails miserably in and of itself! Let me tell you a little something. I used to believe in Evolution, the Big Bang, Billions of years, etc. I never fully embraced it, but I did believe it to a good measure simply because I was taught so. I reached a point in my life where it was one or the other. Mixing the two was totally incompatible. The only people who believe in both are those who are ignorant, never done any real research on their own, and robots - people who simply repeat and believe what they are taught without question. Straddle-the-fencers are weak, stand for nothing, believe in nothing, and definitely have no business educating our kids! You didn't even give these sites a chance. You made up your mind it was all BS before you even dug in and researched it. I know both sides of the fence, so I can play the devil's advocate. You can't tell me anything about evolution that has not already been believed by me once or that I haven't heard before. You on the other hand, give yourself away with your rebuttal to my sites. You have not had time but to glance at some surface material. You could not have actually studied, cross-referenced, or immersed yourself in these sites and their links! Evolution is mainly taught in schools, especially universities. It's in just about every science fiction movie out there. It's easy to get taught evolution and all it's teachings. All you really have to do is turn on the History or Discovery Channel and you'll be fed a steady dose of atheism and evolution on a daily basis! Creation on the other hand, you have to actually put forth effort and actually get off your butt and do some real hands on research! It's not spoonfed to people. The church may touch on the subject, but not nearly enough. So you my friend, are already biased! So don't give me that biased crapola! You liberals, atheists, humanists, and evolutionists always preach about being so open minded. Yet, you're the ones who immediately close your minds to things concerning God and special creation! You people only want open mindedness and tolerance for everything under the sun except for Christianity, the Bible, and God! So tell me then, who's the intolerant?!

Old 05-06-2008, 03:12 PM

158 posts, read 445,949 times
To look at the complexity of the universe and how it works like a clock, and how life exists and works and still believe that it all evolved from a Big Bang, some primeval explosion 20 billion years ago is utterly ridiculous! I don't care what you believe or what god you worship or anything. To believe we are all an accident of natural forces without a master-designer who fashioned it all is not only extremely ludacris, but also very intellectually asinine! The human eye, or animal eye, whatever, is a biological camera! The heart is a biological pump! Kidneys and liver = filters! Lungs = air intakes! Nervous system = electro-chemical conduits for our biological machine selves! Blood = oil = life of the body! Immune system = virus and bacteria defense system! DNA = the computer chip which makes it all work and self replicate! Just stop and ponder and immerse yourself in these aspects of life! If machines like cars, pumps, cameras, filters, computers, etc., etc., etc., had to have been made by designers and architects, then dont you think that biological machines - life - had to have had a master designer and architect as well?! Cars can't create themselves! Computers can't create themselves. Man had to design and make them. And if all these human inventions didn't just happen by blind chance in some explosion of dynamite, metal, and wood, then how can you attribute this same logic to the cosmos and life? Anybody who can't see the sheer fallacy and idiocy of these sorts of claims is seriously in need of psychiatric care!

Old 05-06-2008, 03:15 PM

Why is openmindedness only associated with accepting your point of view?

Old 05-06-2008, 03:33 PM

2,221 posts, read 2,925,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Why is openmindedness only associated with accepting your point of view?
I don't think it has anything to do with just siding with him. It is about looking at the information at hand and forming your own conclusion, not just seeing who runs the site and then totally blow it off as useless information if you don't like who runs it.

Old 05-06-2008, 03:51 PM

I do not review religiously biased sites. They hold nothing but propaganda.
I stand by my statement that openmindedness is only associated with accepting his point of view.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality