Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 09:26 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,281,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
Started a new thread elsewhere with same topic. Maybe the moderators can erase this one please.Thank You
Yes Sir; Yes Mam;
America has; and we have all the stuff that';s going on to prove that we have. and for the "Doubting Thomases" and the Nay Sayer's" .. Everything in the Word of God, Everything is coming to fruition. Bad trees; Bad Fruit;....................
But... It is written..
"If my people who are called by name , shall Humble themselves, pray; turn from their wicked ways; Then i will hear from heaven, then i will forgive their sins; Then I will heal their land".
This is a promise out of many promises
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2007, 09:48 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,198,895 times
Well, as America consists of over 300 million people, one can hardly say that America as a whole has turned it's back on God. There are still plenty of people who love and serve God, I think.

Old 11-22-2007, 10:02 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,281,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffncandace View Post
Well, as America consists of over 300 million people, one can hardly say that America as a whole has turned it's back on God. There are still plenty of people who love and serve God, I think.
Hi; Jeff
Good to see you on here;
Thought it was my breath or something
Seriously though I missed you; But yeah; those people that love God must maintain, and "occupy" til he comes, right?
Someone has to pray for Mercy; someone need to repent; So that someone is us.
Happy Thanksgiving to Ya

Old 11-23-2007, 06:22 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,966,530 times
God possibly/probably would be justified to turn His back on America, but He has not. We (collectively, not individually) have turned our backs on Him, and He is just waiting for the opportunity to draw us to Him again. We're just pushing Him out of the way.

I have seen a lot of people disgusted with "religion" and religious people. God is not at all about religion. Actually, He hates religious practices that break down and burden His people. He called the religious leaders of Bible times hypocrits and white washed tombs, filled with hypocracy and lawlessness because of the burdens they laid on people. The entire chapter of Matthew 23 is dedicated to God's admonishment and warnings to religious leaders. What was His purpose in these admonishments? Religious leaders needed to learn who God was and treat His people accordingly rather than lording their power over and placing burdens upon His people. His position on this has not changed, and He has not changed. The practices of man are deplorable and have been deplorable since Adam and Eve--all while sitting in church on Sunday. Man perverts God in the name of religion, not the other way around.

Cassie Bernall was one of the young people killed at Columbine. While one of the shooters had her on her knees with a gun near her head asked her if she believed in God. She answered that she did--actually it is believed that she said "Yes, I believe in God" (a popular song was written about those last words). At her funeral a video she had made in her youth group was shown. Her words on that video, among other things, were that she just tries to get rid of the hypocracy in her life.

God will never abandon His people--we have the choice to follow Him or not. Some do some don't--that is between them and God. But the condition of America is absolutely not God's fault. God is not all about Hell and Damnation, and doesn't want that for His creation--He doesn't want to be separated from them and, despite their protestations, knows their best place is with Him. Otherwise, He would not have chosen to be bound by time and space to come here to earth for us for the sole purpose of dying.

Please do not see God by and through the actions of other people. Human beings will always fail and let you down. Fortunately, God does not.

Ask God to show you His view of His people through His eyes--but be prepared to sense incredible love.

". . .I think God has turned it's back on America. Justifiably. Much like the perversion of the church and beliefs that led to Sodom and Gomorrah, religious factions in this country have forgotten Gods teachings and are bending them to their own use.

Whoring, theft, debauchery, aborting the scripture for their own ends, and other transgressions such as sodomy; they will bring Damnation on all."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality