Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2007, 07:21 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,460,010 times

Advertisements

Errr.... still smoking.... still don't want to quit.... yet....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2007, 07:46 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,275,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Aw, c'mon GCSTroop! We need some male members in this group! Look at it thus far: just us girls!

Old 11-06-2007, 08:56 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
That is fine Troop..Took me 40 some years to decide to quit As you know I don't thump you with the bible and I won't thump you with the "no smoking" sign either

Old 11-06-2007, 09:01 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Aiangel ,Okay honey, we know you are eating well, that is good..Did you start the chantix yet. If not why not choose a day very shortly when you want to do it..I have a feeling you will be smoke free beforee Christmas..You are like me and don't want to take meds unless you absolutely need them, but so just tell yourself that you need thisone for a while only..

Old 11-06-2007, 09:46 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,816,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post
AGES 3, 4, 5, 7 and 15

I pack their lunches for school. I am a real biggy on 'after school snack' and dessert after dinner. They do not get dessert if they don't eat dinner. I generally always have cookies or muffins (mini cupcakes) available. Dessert would equal two cookies or two mini muffins. As far as healthy foods; they all love cheese sticks (I'm often surprised they even have bm's), yogurt, and applesauce. The 7 YO eats raw carrots. Most enjoy grapes and strawberries. Oh, on the bad side....any sort of candy is good. That is usually not available, but with Halloween... I also usually always have popscicles in the house. I don't think that any of them will have a weight problem, except maybe the 4 YO 'mini me'. She rarely misses a meal!!! But I would like to note: They are all exceptionally good kids (except the 3 YO).
Weather sent you a DM.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
Oh, I don't have a problem with my 13 yr old and myself, we actually eat pretty well, it's the dh that we have to watch, he has a massive sweet tooth. If we do not have any 'junk' lying around, he gets all mad and tells me I have nothing to eat here. Sigh. Yes honey, there is plenty to eat, there is yogurt, strawberries, kiwi, oranges and tangerines and apples and bananas, grapes--both red and green, and I have fat-free pudding. There is popcorn in the pantry, as well as your cheese and crackers (I have learned to NEVER run out again). If you are still hungry, there is celery and peanut butter, or I can get you some applesauce or pearsauce.

My children love fresh fruit, so do I. And, I bake most of our meals and we have salad at least 4 times a week, with many varietys of lettuce and spinich. We also have veggies which have been broiled a lot. SO, yes, we do eat healthy, but, I do have to fix him at least two good old fashioned meals per week.

I am good on the eating, I just need to impliment in exercise.

Unless, Irish, you can see where I can do even better. Oh, and I spritz my salads with raspberry spritz instead of heavy salad dressings.

Oh, wait a minute, although I drink a case of bottled water per week, I do drink a heck of a lot of sweet tea, I have tried to make some for me, but get out of the habit quite easily.
Aiangel...I thought we were quitting smoking? Why are you even thinking about weight right now. I'm not saying you should just eat instead of smoking but trying to do both right now will just make your mind melt...focus on the smoking first!

As for you husband the one thing I've learned is I can not make him change for me, with me, or inspite of me...that just ain't how it works. You can tell him why he shouldn't eat all the sweets or smoke, but you know what it's still his life and his body and he needs to want to do it for himself. You need to do it for you, and forget about him (not in a bad way just separate your goals from dependance on him).

So did you take the pill?

Old 11-06-2007, 11:12 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,668,096 times
errr nope, nada, not today....but I had to endure taking my 13 year old and 19 year old to a rock concert with 3 bands, none of whom i am familiar with, and did you know mash pits are really, really an accident waiting to happen? Um, if I could have eaten a cig in there I believe I would! Um, hey, why not start on my birthday? Which is officially Today....what a great birthday present I will give myself.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
Um, hey, why not start on my birthday? Which is officially Today....what a great birthday present I will give myself.
I think that's a great idea!

HaPpY bIrThDaY To YoU! HoPe YoU hAvE a GrEaT dAy!!!!

Old 11-07-2007, 06:14 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,269,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
I think that's a great idea!

HaPpY bIrThDaY To YoU! HoPe YoU hAvE a GrEaT dAy!!!!
Ditto from me! I already said "happy birthday" to you over at the Community Chat forum, but it bears saying again- hope you and yours have a blessed year. Just think this time next year you will have quit smoking! (...and kaykay will be slender!) How's that for positive thinking?

Old 11-07-2007, 06:52 AM

7,996 posts, read 12,275,281 times
...And what better way to celebrate oneself on their birthday than to make it their "Quit Smoking" date?

(Oh, I cannot believe I actually said that! I am such a hypocrite!)

Happy Birthday Aiangel! You puff away girl if you want to: it's your day!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality