Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 03:54 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,813,161 times

Advertisements

One of our fellow posters is having a terrible time and needs our prayers and support.

Tennesseedreamin' is suffering from terminal cancer and is having terrible financial troubles as well. Please lift her up to the Lord (or just send out good vibes or prayers to whomever you pray to) for her to find a solution to her problems.

This request is very serious, along with being very urgent.

Thanks so much.

Last edited by june 7th; 11-05-2007 at 04:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2007, 04:04 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,263,159 times
Praying for her.

Old 11-05-2007, 04:08 PM

2,180 posts, read 5,420,180 times
I posted a message to her earlier today, but it seems the thread was deleted...?

I can't fathom any church not helping her in some way. I'm absolutely speechless about this situation. I can truly understand why she is so disillusioned with people. It just boggles my mind that anyone should be in her position in this day and age. And the fact that Christians don't help her is mind numbing to me. I just don't know how I could personally help her. I simply don't have the means - but my gosh, where is the Catholic Church in all this? Where is the Lutheran Church? Where are the Methodists? Where are the Presbyterians? Where are the mega-churches that supposedly have so much money that they can fill up the gas tanks of rich Cadillac owners and build multi-million dollar church buildings complete with fountains, coffee bars and sound systems? It doesn't matter if TennesseeDreamin' belongs to one of those denominations or not. The fact is, they should help her regardless.

I'm going to have to shut up, because this really steams me.

Heavenly Father, please reach down and take care of this dear person.

Old 11-05-2007, 04:55 PM

1,439 posts, read 3,882,949 times
I don't know much more about her situation than what is posted here, but she is definitly in both my thoughts and prayers. Medical expenses are a real tragedy in the US and I pray she gets all the help physical, mental, monetary, and spiritual that she needs!

Old 11-05-2007, 05:07 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,263,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathwalker View Post
I posted a message to her earlier today, but it seems the thread was deleted...?

I can't fathom any church not helping her in some way. I'm absolutely speechless about this situation. I can truly understand why she is so disillusioned with people. It just boggles my mind that anyone should be in her position in this day and age. And the fact that Christians don't help her is mind numbing to me. I just don't know how I could personally help her. I simply don't have the means - but my gosh, where is the Catholic Church in all this? Where is the Lutheran Church? Where are the Methodists? Where are the Presbyterians? Where are the mega-churches that supposedly have so much money that they can fill up the gas tanks of rich Cadillac owners and build multi-million dollar church buildings complete with fountains, coffee bars and sound systems? It doesn't matter if TennesseeDreamin' belongs to one of those denominations or not. The fact is, they should help her regardless.

I'm going to have to shut up, because this really steams me.

Heavenly Father, please reach down and take care of this dear person.
I am sure some churches would help if they were aware. I don't know her much or her situation. She lives in California apparently. For someone sick like that, I would think they would qualify for medicaid and other programs, but I don't know exactly how California might differ from Texas.

Old 11-05-2007, 05:17 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,705,582 times
Prayers sent.

Old 11-05-2007, 05:24 PM

2,180 posts, read 5,420,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
I am sure some churches would help if they were aware. I don't know her much or her situation. She lives in California apparently. For someone sick like that, I would think they would qualify for medicaid and other programs, but I don't know exactly how California might differ from Texas.
Well, I didn't mean to lump all the churches together. I don't know who she may or may not have contacted. I'm sorry. It's just that stuff like that gets me riled up.

P.S. Whoever repped me with those comments, I understand what you're saying. My impression from her original thread (which was deleted) was that there was nowhere she was able to turn to find help, and that no one cared. If it was strictly JW's she turned to, I still can't imagine her being turned away like that.

Old 11-05-2007, 05:51 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
So sad..She said her own people the JW's won't helpShe is under the care of hospice in California, but seems they say they can't help her transfer..I went through her posts and I will just pray for her health and that people who know and love her personally will do the right thing by her..

Old 11-05-2007, 06:50 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,006,659 times
I will most definitely be praying for her as well!

Old 11-05-2007, 07:39 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,333,090 times
Praying as well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality