Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 08:41 AM

79 posts, read 195,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenaline2 View Post
I dont think it would be too hard with God guiding them in, I mean the creator of the universe cant get bugs on an ark? Come on
Uhm exactly, but why would the creator of the universe need an ark in the first place?

I mean come on..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2007, 08:42 AM

24 posts, read 75,887 times
its only irrational if one doesnt believe in God.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo_Montoya View Post
Uhm exactly, but why would the creator of the universe need an ark in the first place?

I mean come on..
true..and the answer is Idk, but at least noah didnt name it the titanic, dont want the first boat to sink, hit an iceberg..some things are just based on faith

Old 11-12-2007, 09:11 AM

Quote:
its only irrational if one doesnt believe in God.
I think you should rephrase that. Belief in a supreme being doesn't hinge on believing tall tales from a book written by men 2000 years ago.

You're demonstrating a typical xtian arrogance, assuming I am an atheist because I don't accept your views and your book. I happen to believe in a higher power, and I can still see the irrational for what it is.

So really, it is really only irrational if you are a rational thinker.

Old 11-12-2007, 09:19 AM

Quote:
I think you should rephrase that. Belief in a supreme being doesn't hinge on believing tall tales from a book written by men 2000 years ago.

You're assuming I am an atheist because I don't accept your views and your book. I happen to believe in a higher power, and I can still see the irrational for what it is.
dont you think then that God is fully capable of anything then? and does that supreme being happen to be the same God of the bible or something else?

Old 11-12-2007, 09:34 AM

116 posts, read 282,680 times
Quote:
I dont think it would be too hard with God guiding them in, I mean the creator of the universe cant get bugs on an ark? Come on
Yes! I'm sure it's useful for you to attempt to divert attention away from embarrassing issues regarding thousands or millions of animals aboard a ship, fed and cared for by eight people (who were also supposedly sailing the world’s largest wooden ship), for a YEAR , with the Christian's favourite excuse of "god did it".

I think you should explain how those eight people managed to feed and care for all those animals (including the microscopic and fragile animals and those with precise habitat requirements).

Old 11-12-2007, 09:36 AM

Quote:
dont you think then that God is fully capable of anything then?
I suppose, but then I don't see such a being bothering with arks and floods or even this planet, really.

Quote:
and does that supreme being happen to be the same God of the bible or something else?
Something else.

Being a human invention full of errors and contradictions, the Bible is pretty much irrelevant when it comes to discussions about a supreme being.

Old 11-12-2007, 09:43 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,742,037 times
Once aboard, many have suggested that Noah's problems really began, with only 8 people to feed and water, to provide fresh air and sanitation for the huge menagerie of animals for a total of 371 days. However, a number of scientists have suggested that the animals may have gone into a type of dormancy. It has been said that in nearly all groups of animals there is at least an indication of a latent ability to hibernate or aestivate. Perhaps these abilities were supernaturally intensified during this period. With their bodily functions reduced to a minimum, the burden of their care would have been greatly lightened.

Old 11-12-2007, 09:56 AM

Quote:
I suppose, but then I don't see such a being bothering with arks and floods or even this planet, really.

Something else.

Being a human invention full of errors and contradictions, the Bible is pretty much irrelevant when it comes to discussions about a supreme being.
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.
14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth (John 1:1-4, 14).

Old 11-12-2007, 10:34 AM

116 posts, read 282,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
Once aboard, many have suggested that Noah's problems really began, with only 8 people to feed and water, to provide fresh air and sanitation for the huge menagerie of animals for a total of 371 days. However, a number of scientists have suggested that the animals may have gone into a type of dormancy. It has been said that in nearly all groups of animals there is at least an indication of a latent ability to hibernate or aestivate. Perhaps these abilities were supernaturally intensified during this period. With their bodily functions reduced to a minimum, the burden of their care would have been greatly lightened.
Speculation and conjecture invented to try and support the insupportable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality