Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2008, 09:34 PM

23,012 posts, read 34,370,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northsider View Post
Answer to the OP.

'No'

And no one here will or can prove otherwise. None have so far. None will.
As no one here will or can prove no. My vote though is yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2008, 10:39 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
You might try reading this book if you believe that there is no historical evidence...

Jesus Outside the New Testament
By Robert E. Van Voorst

Also, the Roman historian Cornelius Tacitus writes about the execution of the founder of Christianity and the hands of Pontius Pilate.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:26 AM

896 posts, read 1,864,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Also, the Roman historian Cornelius Tacitus writes about the execution of the founder of Christianity and the hands of Pontius Pilate.
Already been covered.

Tacitus c.A.D. 56 - c.120. Probably born in Gaul or Germania (modern day France & Germany) is writing a historical (not eyewitness) account, and even gets the rank of Pilate wrong...Procurator instead of Prefect.

Old 08-04-2008, 08:00 AM

4,500 posts, read 2,843,119 times
I believe in Jesus and the bible ,and I am muslim.
I don't need any evidence to prove his existence .I just need his beliefs in my life.
He existed , sure he did.

Old 08-04-2008, 08:11 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Well, of his twelve apostles, all but one died due to persecution for their loyalty to him. The last died of natural causes.

If Christ was really a figment of their imagination, why would so many apostles willingly end up martyrs?

Old 08-04-2008, 07:57 PM

22 posts, read 55,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monaliza View Post
I believe in Jesus and the bible ,and I am muslim.
I don't need any evidence to prove his existence .I just need his beliefs in my life.
He existed , sure he did.
I do appreciate people like you that are open minded. Monaliza, I do thank God for someone like you.

Some say JESUS is a mere image of an imagination from someone long ago. The question I have for many this day. Do we (in general) choose not to believe of his existence? Fire is use to give off heat and light. If we choose not to believe that fire can do such things, does this mean it can't or that we simply refuse to believe. Satan (Sha'dan) is the manipulator or the deceiver of this world. Let us not fall into his trap.
*Anything that is written is not intended to offend anyone of race, sex or religion.

Old 08-04-2008, 08:03 PM

22 posts, read 55,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
I think the discussions on the truth of the Bible have been covered here enough. I see it as a collection of mythology used to control humanity and in some cases countries. It is worthless as a reference book, almost worthless as a historical reference because the church changed to meet their needs when ever the wind blew in the wrong direction.
The search for prophecies is just bull. You can interpret anything you want in any book you search. Prophecies and codes are the going trend today. I personally prefer to get my future predictions from American Scientific on a monthly basis, and feel sure mine will come true a lot faster than yours.
If I may ask 1 question. When was the last time you prayed?

Old 08-05-2008, 12:06 AM

188 posts, read 506,477 times
Something tells me that this topic wont be argued so much in hell. I couldn't imagine the size of the couch everyone would be sitting on still ranting and raving... I wonder if people in hell would still swear Jesus/God didn't exist....? And to think there will be no air conditioning... I can imagine it would be a rather "heated debate".
Sorry. Had to throw in some humor.

Now watch me get screamed at from someone....

Old 08-05-2008, 12:08 AM

188 posts, read 506,477 times
Remember, there are those written in the Book of Life who are destined to believe, and there are those that are not. We cannot change the status of either one... only the Holy Spirit can. Dont throw your pearls...... well....... you know.......

Old 08-05-2008, 12:19 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,967,722 times
[quote=Campbell34;3090576]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraMoon View Post

Could you tell us about your experiences with Gandalf? I would love to hear what kind of experiences you have had. As a Christian I love to hear of peoples truthful experiences.
I dont have any experiences with Gandalf. I do have experiences with Jesus Christ, yet you were look for experiences with Gandalf. Gandalf is make believe, Jesus Christ is not. And I do proselytize, because who you believe in will determine where you will spend eternity. Lord of the Rings will not get you, or anyone else into God's Kingdom, the truth of the Bible will. I would suggest you try reading the Bible. It is far more important for your future, than Lord of the Rings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality