Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2008, 01:16 PM

26 posts, read 44,651 times

Advertisements

Take a look at "The Cross and the Sacred Mushroom". John Allegro. Allegro was one of the translators of the scrolls taken out of the caves in the desert.
The fellow translators of the Roman Church kept he scrolls secret for twenty years.
Allegro was one of some fifteen people on earth who could read and write Sumarian.
Sometimes hillarious. "Hallejullia" translates as "male semen".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2008, 01:57 PM

896 posts, read 1,864,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Please don't play stupid with me.
Bad attitude if you want a level headed discussion.

I believe the readers of this thread will decide for themselves who is playing stupid with whom!

Quote:
On post 983 I gave you the Top Ten Archaeological discoveries of the Twentieth Century Relating to the Biblical World.
All the professor does is help prove parts of the bible coincide with some archeological discoveries. We knew that already. Nowhere does he prove that the man known as Jesus actually existed.

Quote:
DID you forget that?
Okay sir. I've had it with your attitude!

Bye.

Old 08-16-2008, 05:48 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,091 times
Still exist. Final Answer!

Old 08-16-2008, 05:56 PM

896 posts, read 1,864,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Prove it please?

(Oh not with words from the bible -- real proof)

Old 08-16-2008, 09:23 PM

389 posts, read 1,986,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
CONGRATULATIONS!!! you won the million dollar question!!! weeeeeeeee!

as for people who ask for REAL proof. wait for the answer when you die.. OKAY? and if we believers of Jesus are right... go debate to Jesus HIMself until you are blue in the face. or if you are lucky to be alive on HIS 2nd coming... still, go debate to Jesus HIMself until you are blue in the face.

i frankly lost my interest anymore on these kinds of topics... it's a never ending debate of people trying to prove what? i honestly dont care anymore...im bored ...

Old 08-19-2008, 01:29 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,970,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
Interestingly enough I would believe many records could have verified more had the Romans not destroyed Jerusalem, but who knows. I do know that the destruction was so thorough that not one Jew today can verify they are part of the Levitical Priesthood. Hence the temple services , duties and such cannot be properly carried out by an actual Levite of that tribe's bloodline. The Jewish religion today is extremely far removed from what existed back then. Interesting discussion though.

But I will agree that the records were for the most part likely destroyed by the Romans in the year 70.
Sanhedrin, has reconvened in Israel, and is training Levite priest to reinstitute animal sacrifice. And Jewish authorities are making preparations to rebuild the Temple in Jerusalem.
Rebuilding the Temple : The New Temple and the Second Coming

Here again, the Bible and it's prophecies are proving to be both correct and true.

Old 08-19-2008, 02:03 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,397,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Sanhedrin, has reconvened in Israel, and is training Levite priest to reinstitute animal sacrifice. And Jewish authorities are making preparations to rebuild the Temple in Jerusalem.
Rebuilding the Temple : The New Temple and the Second Coming

Here again, the Bible and it's prophecies are proving to be both correct and true.
Interesting. Sponsored by the Scientology Channel. Maybe they'll also bring back the Pharisees and Saducees as well.

Old 08-19-2008, 02:13 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,970,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northsider View Post
Bad attitude if you want a level headed discussion.

I believe the readers of this thread will decide for themselves who is playing stupid with whom!

All the professor does is help prove parts of the bible coincide with some archeological discoveries. We knew that already. Nowhere does he prove that the man known as Jesus actually existed.

Okay sir. I've had it with your attitude!

Bye.
All the professor does is help prove parts of the bible coincide with some archeological discoveries. (WE KNEW THAT ALREADY?)

I'm sorry, but you must have a short memory. Did you forget what you said on post 344?

"Please show us a source for this (factual and real evidence please?) And not from more words in the Bible".

It appears those (WORDS) in the Bible went right over your head, because those (WORDS) in the Bible were factual, and it appears, YOU DIDN'T KNOW THAT ALREADY.

What the Bible is showing us, is it's words can be believed. And every time they find some new historical discovery over in the Middle East, it only reveals all the more that the Bible is speaking the truth. And if you recall, it was not long ago, that many were saying Israels two kingdoms did not exist, and for that matter, neither did King David. Yet just one discovery at a place called Tel Dan revealed that yes, Israels two kingdomes and King David both existed. And again, the Bible spoke the truth. And that came about from just one discovery.

Old 08-21-2008, 10:59 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,858,570 times
Have you heard of Sai Baba or Ramana Maharshi ? Probably not, right. That doesn't mean Sai Baba or Ramana Maharshi didn't exist. Because they don't show up on your "radar", yet they were (and are) important people to many. You just weren't aware of it.

I have heard of them and actually spent several months with Sai Baba. I witnessed his miracles first hand but I am unable to prove it. My inability to prove something says more about my short comings than whether or not it happened or someone existed. The monks of the East wrote of Jesus in his "Lost Years" They even wrote of his death which would make one wonder how they knew when there was no means of information transmission.

The world is filled with many miracles. most are simply beyond our understanding, but it doesnt make them any less true or real.

Old 10-16-2008, 08:45 PM

2 posts, read 3,235 times
Jesus Christ did exist, and is still alive today!!!! He resides in heaven at the right hand of His Father. When dealing with Jesus, you have to rely on faith. Faith is hoping in things that are unseen. You have your proof, that is the living Bible. If you give Him a moment, just open your Bible: not seeking any page in particular. Read whatever verse that you are drawn to. And let the Lord speak to your heart. He will answer the question on His own. Faith is evidence of things unseen. May God bless you, and your family. It is a whole different life with him. You will soon hunger for Him, and He will fill you. I love you and yours! Be Blessed!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality