Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2009, 11:55 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
When I see a point that intrest me, with an aittitude of respect behind it, I will discuss. Outside of that man, I move on. And pay no attention to nonsense.

Peace.

Some of you jokers kill me man, you ask for proof, proof is being given, page upon page, and you whine about it.

Thats why I pay you little attention.

Peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2009, 11:59 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,003,946 times
Did someone come in here and claim the Bible has NO facts?

Old 11-26-2009, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Did someone come in here and claim the Bible has NO facts?

Man these jokers claim all kinds of things. You rub their faces in proof, and they show you the true meaning of blindness. Such as " Ashurnasipals Monument", Large as life, , they couldnot see it if they stood in front of it. Excavations at " Nimrud", some 20 miles from Nineveh, produced this large monument of King Ashurnasipal 11, whos Assyrian armies first began to make assualt on Israel. Amoung other things listed on the monument, was the " Menu for a banquet" at the dedication of his palace when " 70,000" were fed. Archaeologist and historians used this to confirm that cities in that day, were heavily populated, just as the bible states.

Peace.

Last edited by Mickiel; 11-26-2009 at 12:38 PM..

Old 11-26-2009, 12:45 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
The topic is "Did Jesus ever exist" You have offered no proof that he did.

Old 11-26-2009, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Man these jokers claim all kinds of things. You rub their faces in proof, and they show you the true meaning of blindness. Such as " Ashurnasipals Monument", Large as life, , they couldnot see it if they stood in front of it. Excavations at " Nimrud", some 20 miles from Nineveh, produced this large monument of King Ashurnasipal 11, whos Assyrian armies first began to make assualt on Israel. Amoung other things listed on the monument, was the " Menu for a banquet" at the dedication of his palace when " 70,000" were fed. Archaeologist and historians used this to confirm that cities in that day, were heavily populated, just as the bible states.

Peace.
I have not read through this entire thread. I only got to the last few pages and I saw you providing "proof" of the Bible's accuracy concerning people, locations and monuments. I was just wondering if somewhere along the way did someone claim the Bible has NOTHING factual in it? Then I wondered what providing such "proofs" had to do with the subject OR whether or not you providing such proofs automatically proved that Jesus existed as in, "See! The Bible has some accurate facts so it must also be accurate about what it says about Jesus!"

Old 11-26-2009, 03:22 PM

There have been those who doubted not only the existence of Jesus, but of Pilate too. But both Jesus and Pilate are forever bound together in history. An inscription bearing the name " Pontius Pilate" found at Caesarea and coins which had been minted in his honor in A.D. 30-31 bear testimony to the truthfullness of the gospel accounts reguarding Pilate in the life of Christ. It is called " The Pilate Stone". Interestingly they found Pilates judgement hall, beneath Pilates hall was an area where the roman soldiers , indifferent to what was going on in the hall, played games, one such game is carved into the stone floor.

As I mentioned before, I will back track and go into detail, on the first floor of the hall of Pilate, was the " Via Dolorosa," the pavement where Christ actually stood before Pilate. So we have location, Jerusalem, geographic, Pilates Hall, persons, Roman guards, Pilate and Jesus, and things, The roman games carved in stone, Pilates hall and the " Via Dolorosa.

All a conglomerant proof of Christ. Add to that the " Damascus Gate", because Christ was dragged through that passage way in his exit from Jeruisalem to suffer outside of the gate. Matt. 27:26-33, Heb. 13:12. We have that gate too. Then he was taken to another location, " The place of the Skull" and hung between two thieves, Mark 15:22,27, 1Pet;2:24. Right now we have the place of the skull, Golgotha. A most popular tourist attraction. In Matt. 27:45-51, it says when Jesus died the veil of the Temple was cut into from top to bottom and the earth did quake. There is a mountianside near Calvary where geologist where able to count the layers of years and trace an obvious earthquake right to the time of this event! Because half of the mountian is gone and its like God provided a picture of the past for professionals to trace. You can cut a tree and count the rings on the stump to determine how old the tree is, and judge by the thickness or awkwardness of any particular ring, to judge the weather that year. You can do the same thing with a sheared mountianside, each layer is a year. You can see the earthquake the year Christ died.

Stunning evidence.

Peace.

Old 11-26-2009, 04:32 PM

Quote:
There have been those who doubted not only the existence of Jesus, but of Pilate too. But both Jesus and Pilate are forever bound together in history. An inscription bearing the name " Pontius Pilate" found at Caesarea and coins which had been minted in his honor in A.D. 30-31 bear testimony to the truthfullness of the gospel accounts reguarding Pilate in the life of Christ. It is called " The Pilate Stone". Interestingly they found Pilates judgement hall, beneath Pilates hall was an area where the roman soldiers , indifferent to what was going on in the hall, played games, one such game is carved into the stone floor.

As I mentioned before, I will back track and go into detail, on the first floor of the hall of Pilate, was the " Via Dolorosa," the pavement where Christ actually stood before Pilate. So we have location, Jerusalem, geographic, Pilates Hall, persons, Roman guards, Pilate and Jesus, and things, The roman games carved in stone, Pilates hall and the " Via Dolorosa.

All a conglomerant proof of Christ. Add to that the " Damascus Gate", because Christ was dragged through that passage way in his exit from Jeruisalem to suffer outside of the gate. Matt. 27:26-33, Heb. 13:12. We have that gate too. Then he was taken to another location, " The place of the Skull" and hung between two thieves, Mark 15:22,27, 1Pet;2:24. Right now we have the place of the skull, Golgotha. A most popular tourist attraction. In Matt. 27:45-51, it says when Jesus died the veil of the Temple was cut into from top to bottom and the earth did quake. There is a mountianside near Calvary where geologist where able to count the layers of years and trace an obvious earthquake right to the time of this event! Because half of the mountian is gone and its like God provided a picture of the past for professionals to trace. You can cut a tree and count the rings on the stump to determine how old the tree is, and judge by the thickness or awkwardness of any particular ring, to judge the weather that year. You can do the same thing with a sheared mountianside, each layer is a year. You can see the earthquake the year Christ died.

Stunning evidence.

Peace.
That's all fine and dandy. While I don't put much stock in the bible, would be labeled an "atheist," I am not one who holds the idea Jesus NEVER existed. I can accept the idea he did indeed exist. My objection is, I don't, for one minute, believe the fantastical myth that was eventually built around him contained in the New Testament. It is not all that strange that a group of people can ascribe deity to a mere man over a period of time. His legend just happened to be in the right place at the right time and became a great political tool by the most powerful man in the [known] world at the time.

Believing a man by the name of Jesus existed who rose to god-like status over tie makes it all the much easier for me to refute all the incredulous stories about him in the New Testament.

Old 11-26-2009, 04:46 PM

Quote:
That's all fine and dandy. While I don't put much stock in the bible, would be labeled an "atheist," I am not one who holds the idea Jesus NEVER existed. I can accept the idea he did indeed exist. My objection is, I don't, for one minute, believe the fantastical myth that was eventually built around him contained in the New Testament. It is not all that strange that a group of people can ascribe deity to a mere man over a period of time. His legend just happened to be in the right place at the right time and became a great political tool by the most powerful man in the [known] world at the time.

Believing a man by the name of Jesus existed who rose to god-like status over tie makes it all the much easier for me to refute all the incredulous stories about him in the New Testament.

Well I understand. After Jesus died, Joseph of Arimathaea , being a diciple of Christ, asked Pilate for the body. His request was granted, and assisted by Nicodemus, they took the body to a newly hewn tomb that Joseph owned. Now we know there was a place called Arimathaea, we know there was a Pilate, we know there was a Nicodemus, we know there was a Jerusalem, we know there was a Joseph, and we have Joseph Tomb even now. Now how in the world of common sense and reason one can blantanly remove Christ from this equation, and claim he didnot exist, is beyond me. We have the place he was Judged, we have the bones of one of the priest who judged him, we know the city he was judged in, we know the exact spot where he was sentenced, we know where they took him to be killed, we know where they took his body, we have his gravesite, yet stubbornly, many still cannot accept that he was real! They claim all this is " No Proof."

Its astounding, simply evidence that men can be blind to obvious truth.

Peace.

Old 11-26-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Well I understand. After Jesus died, Joseph of Arimathaea , being a diciple of Christ, asked Pilate for the body. His request was granted, and assisted by Nicodemus, they took the body to a newly hewn tomb that Joseph owned. Now we know there was a place called Arimathaea, we know there was a Pilate, we know there was a Nicodemus, we know there was a Jerusalem, we know there was a Joseph, and we have Joseph Tomb even now. Now how in the world of common sense and reason one can blantanly remove Christ from this equation, and claim he didnot exist, is beyond me. We have the place he was Judged, we have the bones of one of the priest who judged him, we know the city he was judged in, we know the exact spot where he was sentenced, we know where they took him to be killed, we know where they took his body, we have his gravesite, yet stubbornly, many still cannot accept that he was real! They claim all this is " No Proof."

Its astounding, simply evidence that men can be blind to obvious truth.

Peace.
I thought I said I believed he existed MINUS the mythical stuff?

Old 11-26-2009, 05:06 PM

Quote:
I thought I said I believed he existed MINUS the mythical stuff?

Well I hear you, I have said nothing to you about the mythical stuff, its good you believe he existed, my thoughts were being aimed at those who claim that proof, is not proof. But what you call mythical, is just your limit of belief, Jesus himself was mythical. He claimed before they killed him, that he would rise on the third day. The Priest and Pharisees, not being like you, had already " Seen the mythology come true themselves", during Jesus ministry. So they knew it was something more to Jesus than met the eye, so they asked Pilate to post guards at his tomb until after this third day was over, Matt.27:62-66

Pilate even issued a " Nazareth Decree", having Caesar construct an ordinance demanding trial of anyone who has in any way extracted the buried or transfered the body to another place or unsealed a stone grave.. That decree was found man, we have it! Archaeologist found it in Nazareth in 1878! They got it man, right now they have this decree. This ain't no joke, this stuff is real. Some call the decree " The Tomb Robbers inscription." But this is why Christ tomb was sealed, they didnot want him to get out! Or anyonelse to get in.

Peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality