Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2009, 10:32 PM

2,353 posts, read 5,373,059 times

Advertisements

Sin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2009, 11:29 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
when i fail to demonstrate the principles of fencing, did god strike me down? is god punishing me?

Old 11-14-2009, 11:31 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,482,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by (901) View Post
Sin.
tan

Old 11-15-2009, 07:05 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,346,950 times
My best answer:

Isaiah 45:7 (King James Version):

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Old 11-15-2009, 07:50 AM

598 posts, read 916,961 times
Why? Because there is no God.

God creators want their version of God to take credits for good things that happened, but they have a major problem of explaining why bad things happened (they do curse people by describing it as their God's punishments -- don't believe their religious craps -- this shows all religions are bad). There is no so-called miracles as God followers described.

Human societies have meanings of their own. We don't need God creator's "bearded male in the sky", and worshiping their creations. We don't need God creators to control our lives.

Good things happen; bad things happen. There is no reason as described by God creators. God creators want to control others lives -- that's what they are up to.

Old 11-15-2009, 07:58 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,838,689 times
What kind of answer is that?

There is Time. If we can't master the things we did and do wrong then at least we can master the interpretation for the morality of 'them' going wrong.

In fact the question that was used wished an explanation with Humility which should make us more atuned to our corrective mastery for Destiny, like you would want.

Old 11-15-2009, 07:03 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,838,689 times
I guess you true agnostic refusers of morality FOR time ( morality is achieved by the mental state of analysis outside time) believe that the confident discussion concerning the opaquely SERIOUS responsible agent cannot affect the future Destiny of the Powers that Be. The powers that be are designed by 'irresponsible' forces out of our control, and we can ignore them for our personal narcissistic fondling of the Injustice perpetrated upon the essential Lord.

"Here comes the Judge. Here comes the Judge." Doesn't America ever learn? So now that my time exists my own Grace for passing Time, I can be pushed to the task of the heresy, mind you, counting on the honourable fight to the finish.

Old 11-16-2009, 03:56 AM

2,184 posts, read 5,548,973 times
I think bad things happen because there is more than one god & not all are good gods.

Old 12-14-2019, 01:11 PM

1,378 posts, read 392,757 times
https://pics3.city-data.com/images/ootn2.png

Satan rules the earth. The book of Job says Satan's place is traversing every inch of the earth, & it is he that causes all wars & misfortune.

Genesis says God cursed man to go to the earth where nothing but suffering exists. The Bible itself is an agonising whine about the horrors of wars & life on earth as we wait for God to save us. Oh & we kill God when He appears because we are morons. That's about it.

I meet God all the time & He says that the earth is tightly watched & ruled by satan & no Angels of God are permitted to manifest here & help people. I have met many Angels of God who were arrested & taken to court for trying to help humans. One man wrote that an angel was appearing every weekend & he was able to take photographs of it & then two different types of angels appeared & arrested the first Angel.

So we have a Good God watching us as we deal with Satan's mess. That's about it.

If you want to meet God then simply empty your mind of all worldly thoughts & keep your mind clear so that God can speak to you. Most people get messages from God & see manifestations as they are falling asleep or waking up. This is because at those times their mind is not logged in to earthly things so tightly & God can find a space in their consciousness to reach through to them.

Old 12-14-2019, 01:47 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Another good topic brought back up.
God..allowing - so funny...as if we are robots or puppets with no free will...hahaha...silly people expecting the Creator
of All..the Giver of free will to intervene in silly goings on here - whether war or weddings or winning the lottery.
..All of it would be our doing (hello?)
and nothing for the Creator to 'stop'.

"Let's blame God! Take no responsibility!!!" Just a note to my friends here - I do not read ocean's11.
I catch a sentence when someone quotes him and engages him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality