Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is evolutionary theory accurate?
Yes. I believe the evolutionary theory is accurate. 210 58.82%
Yes. But I think aspects of the theory is flawed. 58 16.25%
No. I think it's completely flawed. 18 5.04%
No. I believe in creationism. 65 18.21%
I don't know. 6 1.68%
Voters: 357. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 06:10 AM

2,838 posts, read 3,487,972 times

Advertisements

It is interesting that some people have a very low burden of proof when it comes to claiming the literal truth of the Bible, and yet an impossible one for science that would contradict it.

Old 05-04-2008, 06:21 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,952,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfromNC View Post
Current existing life forming a nested hierarchy is good evidence for common descent - Lines of Evidence: Nested Hierarchies.
I do not believe simular traits offer any evidence for Evolution, that belief is just based on speculation. Also, the fact that the fossil record which has been around for millions of years if you believe that shows no evidence for evolution of change in the (stone record) Why is that? Why is it that every time we have Evolution in its change not once is this demonstrated in the fossil (stone) record. Can you explain this to me?

Old 05-04-2008, 06:22 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,779,303 times
LBSer is pulling your collective chains. Just like when I posted the moon dust argument. He doesn't believe what he is posting.

Old 05-04-2008, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
"I believe many of them believe that their religious beliefs are supported by science."

I am still waiting for you to show me this science...I'd love to see some evidence of creationist theories.
Evolutionist believe that the dinosaurs died off over 70 million years ago, yet the Bible indicates that dinosaurs were around less then 3,000 years ago. Evolutionist use to say soft tissue would never be found on dinosaur bones because it could only last 10,000 years. Yet when they started finding soft tissue on dinosaur bones Evolutionist did a quick song and dance and now are telling everyone soft tissue can last 70 million years.
Also, I might point out that discoveries or ancient art is showing us today than ancient tribes around the world have dinosaurs included in their art work. If Dinosaurs were first discovered in the 1800s, why do ancient tribes have works of art showing us dinosaurs? And why do scientist ignore these discoveries? And I might add, there are a number of them.

Old 05-04-2008, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell Phillips View Post
It is interesting that some people have a very low burden of proof when it comes to claiming the literal truth of the Bible, and yet an impossible one for science that would contradict it.
I find it is just the oppsite, the Bible has a great deal of proof, and just in recent times evidence is now coming in that supports the Biblical record. Evolution on the other hand is based on speculation, and after millions of years if you believe that time frame, we don't see anything in the (stone) fossil record that demonstrates that Evolution. We have fossils of every kind, from every time period. Yet not once have we seen one fossil that shows us Evolution at work. Millions of years, and everytime we just miss the workings of Evolution? Why is that?

Old 05-04-2008, 07:01 AM

2,838 posts, read 3,487,972 times
The Bible is not evidence of anything, much less proof. What matters is evidence: scientific data - not unsupported opinion. Evolution is a fact. We can verify evolutionary process in speciation by hybridization in both plants and animals. Darwin’s theory of evolution by natural selection has been proven on the basis of empirical evidence and independently verified by Mendelian genetics. Only a fool would cling to faith in the face of empirical evidence and proof of its false belief.

Old 05-04-2008, 07:05 AM

33,510 posts, read 37,028,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Evolutionist believe that the dinosaurs died off over 70 million years ago, yet the Bible indicates that dinosaurs were around less then 3,000 years ago. Evolutionist use to say soft tissue would never be found on dinosaur bones because it could only last 10,000 years. Yet when they started finding soft tissue on dinosaur bones Evolutionist did a quick song and dance and now are telling everyone soft tissue can last 70 million years.
Also, I might point out that discoveries or ancient art is showing us today than ancient tribes around the world have dinosaurs included in their art work. If Dinosaurs were first discovered in the 1800s, why do ancient tribes have works of art showing us dinosaurs? And why do scientist ignore these discoveries? And I might add, there are a number of them.
You call this evidence?...I'm still waiting campbell.

Old 05-04-2008, 07:43 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,860,068 times
Temporarily (or not) closed for moderation.

Old 05-04-2008, 09:42 AM

7,991 posts, read 12,236,363 times
Moderator cut: Good morning everyone!

I am re-opening this thread, as it is apparent that alot of work and good discussion has gone into it. However: If there is any more attacking, name calling, etc. I will close it. It's okay to disagree with another member's thoughts and ideas, but it must be done respectfully.

Thanks all!

-June

Old 05-04-2008, 10:45 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,699,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
I do not believe simular traits offer any evidence for Evolution, that belief is just based on speculation.
Why does it look that way, then? What's your explanation?

Quote:
Also, the fact that the fossil record which has been around for millions of years if you believe that shows no evidence for evolution of change in the (stone record) Why is that?
You admitted that some of the fossils I showed were of species that no longer exist. So why are you saying that there's no change if things that were once alive no longer exist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality