Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is evolutionary theory accurate?
Yes. I believe the evolutionary theory is accurate. 210 58.82%
Yes. But I think aspects of the theory is flawed. 58 16.25%
No. I think it's completely flawed. 18 5.04%
No. I believe in creationism. 65 18.21%
I don't know. 6 1.68%
Voters: 357. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 08:18 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,617,514 times

Advertisements

Deb in VA wrote:
Quote:
And yes I know this comes from a pro ID website but that doesn't mean the information given should automatically be discounted. Please read with an open mind.
To be honest a pro ID website and "open mind" seem to contradict each other. If you're looking for information about the biology of the eye I would suggest looking for it from a reliable source such as a university medical or biology website as opposed to an organization that exists to promote a particular religious view and then tries to make biological information conform to their beliefs.

Old 05-24-2008, 08:05 PM

389 posts, read 1,986,066 times
someone ask about bowel movement "designer". frankly i find it retarded how they come up with that word for God. anyway.. bowel movement is necessary as im sure u know for us to clean our internals.. i am a woman and i honestly find it unfair that we have to have our monthly period and men.. nothing. but i learn that it also clean out our internals.. i think menstruation is the process of excreting the unused eggs.. coz we did not have time to make babies... or the sperm was not able to find the eggs... i think. and speaking of making babies.. that for me is God's most wonderful work.. how we can create another human being with our own image and likeness combined... sadly though MOST people don't see the sanctity of it or do not see it as that.. but just DO it for pleasure... what a shame! indeed.. and thank you for fighting for air for bashing the evolution because yes... dinosaur is the greatest science fiction everrr!

Last edited by LBSer; 05-24-2008 at 08:31 PM..

Old 05-24-2008, 09:43 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,454,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBSer View Post
someone ask about bowel movement "designer". frankly i find it retarded how they come up with that word for God. anyway.. bowel movement is necessary as im sure u know for us to clean our internals.. i am a woman and i honestly find it unfair that we have to have our monthly period and men.. nothing. but i learn that it also clean out our internals.. i think menstruation is the process of excreting the unused eggs.. coz we did not have time to make babies... or the sperm was not able to find the eggs... i think. and speaking of making babies.. that for me is God's most wonderful work.. how we can create another human being with our own image and likeness combined... sadly though MOST people don't see the sanctity of it or do not see it as that.. but just DO it for pleasure... what a shame! indeed.. and thank you for fighting for air for bashing the evolution because yes... dinosaur is the greatest science fiction everrr!
For clarification, I was not referring to the God or Designer as a "bowel movement." I'm not sure if that's how you took it but I wanted to clarify that. My point was that every single organism, from the smallest bacteria to the most complex human mind all has a function of excreting waste. This clearly shows that all creatures have a common trait and something that has been a necessity throughout all of evolutionary time.

I have often heard that common traits are indication of a "designer" but not all creatures have the same common traits and thus the argument falls apart. Bats have echolocation, plants do not have eyes but most animals do, we have legs, some critters do not. It seems to me that if we are to look at "common traits" as being the result of a common designer than the only thing in common is excretory waste. I find that to be a rather comical thing when you really think about it... The only thing the designer gave us in common with all of life was excretion...

Old 05-24-2008, 09:51 PM

34 posts, read 124,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by F355 View Post
Do you believe in the theory and general principles behind the theory of evolution?
I created evolution and its principles,
why ask such a silly question F355?

The Creator

Last edited by Garry Denke; 05-24-2008 at 10:44 PM.. Reason: Show Name : Date at Time.

Old 05-28-2008, 08:25 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,882,577 times
6 months and over 950 posts later, I think this one is done.

Nice job everybody.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.