Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2007, 09:03 AM

12 posts, read 49,899 times

Advertisements

Do you love your neighbor as yourself? Do you genuinely concern yourself with their well being? When they are in pain, do you really feel their pain?

Do you care about people that you don't even know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2007, 09:18 AM

5,493 posts, read 7,344,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cletus1971 View Post
Do you love your neighbor as yourself? Do you genuinely concern yourself with their well being? When they are in pain, do you really feel their pain?

Do you care about people that you don't even know?

Nope. Try to though. If I did perfectly Love my neighbor as myself,
I'd be....... ready for heaven.

Old 11-17-2007, 09:21 AM

3,412 posts, read 10,173,959 times
Generally, i sympathize with people i don't know. Your questions is very broad. Caring and helping is 2 different things. I help when i can, do i care, yes, can i always help? No

Old 11-17-2007, 09:26 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times
Yes, I do care about people I don't know..I care about the hungry, abused and deprived children all over the world..I don't know if I actually love my neighbor as myself, because most of the time I don't like myself much..Therefore, most times I love my neighbor much more than myself...

Old 11-17-2007, 09:48 AM

12 posts, read 49,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Yes, I do care about people I don't know..I care about the hungry, abused and deprived children all over the world..I don't know if I actually love my neighbor as myself, because most of the time I don't like myself much..Therefore, most times I love my neighbor much more than myself...
You are beautiful Blue.

I had a friend who jumped out of his car to rescue a man, who was having a siezure in oncoming traffic. He wrestled with the man to keep him from dieing, and totally risked his own life to do so.

I personally will go above and beyond the call of duty to help people, but I would probably stick my neck out for my own family a little farther,'

but when you meet someone new or just see a person on the street, do you care about them? Does they're happieness concern you?

Old 11-17-2007, 10:07 AM

2,636 posts, read 6,651,499 times
Yes, I definately care about people I don't know. I have a conscience that doesn't let me forget anything that I felt bad about (it sometimes goes into overdrive though and makes me feel bad about things that I shouldn't feel bad about). I think that anyone who has ever given to a charity and really meant it (i.e. not for the image thing) cares for people who they don't know. In the end race, gender, hair colour, sexual orientation, height, weight, build, all these things are irrelevent. We're all human beings and we're all brothers and sisters so we should treat each other that way.

Old 11-17-2007, 12:39 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,192,866 times
I know that you are asking about The Neighbor in general and not anyone in particular, but I just have to tell you about MY neighbor. He doesn't seem to notice that his lawn is knee deep in weeds, or that tree limbs have fallen, or the junk that he has rotting in his yard is an eyesore. He just throws things out and there they stay. There is even a junk car in the yard. I understand that he has always been like that. He just doesn't care about how things look. There is even a mattress propped up against the rusty old shed. It's rotting away.

Now, if he needed help, we would be more than happy to do anything we could for him for he seems to be a very nice man.

But I got to tell you honestly, I wish he weren't MY neighbor!!!

Old 11-17-2007, 03:31 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,348,336 times
Loving my neighbor as myself???

I did a few nights after graduating from high school. Been a long time though.

Old 11-17-2007, 06:28 PM

10 posts, read 8,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Loving my neighbor as myself???

I did a few nights after graduating from high school. Been a long time though.

I have loved everyone since high school whether they deserve it or not. I just care about people. What is wrong with that????

Old 11-17-2007, 09:20 PM

606 posts, read 699,608 times
Absolutely no.And I am pretty sure my neighbors don't love me that much,lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality