Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2019, 05:23 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times

Advertisements

once in the late seventies in middle school with my friends sister. tried something I shouldn't have and heard "fairy ware boots" for the first time

It was awesome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2019, 05:43 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
According to the Bible NO ONE can see God:
No one has ever seen God (1 John 4:12).
No man has seen or can see [God] (1 Timothy 6:16).
And yet we have Jacob in Genesis 32 - I have seen the face of God and yet I live (survived).
And then he called the place Peniel.

And then many NDErs seeing the light that is brighter than 10,000 suns.
That's all I'm going to say about it. I could say more.
(BUT, ok, I will say --- you can ....within inside....doesn't happen overnight...
and personally? I don't think you need to believe in a God unless you HAVE seen 'Him'....
Why? Cuz someone said there is One? )

Seeing is believing.....Sit....Be still.....in a stillness that is almost unimaginable.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 11-06-2019 at 05:52 PM.. Reason: tiipos

Old 11-06-2019, 05:54 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,239 times
Nothing screwed up with that book at all

Old 11-06-2019, 06:14 PM

Then, you have people that think Jesus is God...well, gee whiz...there are LOADS of people that have been hugged by Jesus-- Had him sit next to them on their bed...I mean gee.

And Mary Baker, (can be found on www.nderf.org under STEs...we used to converse with her
on an NDE site ---along with Anita Moorjani...Mary has probably passed -
but she and her friend ran into Jesus in a cotton field as 14-15 yr olds in Oklahoma or Kansas----changed both their lives...a glorious encounter!)
Proof? There never is, phet---just Mary - a little devil of a girl ---and all of a sudden
changed... still in her late eighties when I talked with her...her story never changed.

Then, you have so many encounters with the Holy Spirit ----as in, Holy Cow!!!!

Bogles my mind.

Old 11-06-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Nothing screwed up with that book at all
Hey! If you're gonna have Christians quoting verses about...NOT seeing God...
I counter with this, my friend...right?

Old 11-06-2019, 06:42 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
And yet we have Jacob in Genesis 32 - I have seen the face of God and yet I live (survived).

(BUT, ok, I will say --- you can ....within inside....doesn't happen overnight...
and personally? I don't think you need to believe in a God unless you HAVE seen 'Him'....

Seeing is believing.....Sit....Be still.....in a stillness that is almost unimaginable.
the truth is like looking into the sun sometimes.

Its doesn't matter if we are atheist are theist.
It doesn't matter how we feel about it
it doesn't matter how we want it to be.
How hard we wish it to be.

It only matters if we block the truth with our favorite sun glasses
and speak to them as the only logical sunglasses in the world.

The light is there
period.

Old 11-06-2019, 07:21 PM

5,517 posts, read 2,405,147 times
Quote:

Exactly, the Bible is nothing but a book of fairytales.

Old 11-06-2019, 07:44 PM

5,517 posts, read 2,405,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean777 View Post
It could be that no one in a particular person's life time had ever reported seeing God.

So that person may claim that no one has ever seen God.

The context is set in the person's own life time, & does not cover the lives of people in the scriptures who lived in different ages.

That is one possibility as to why someone would say that 'no one has ever seen God', 'when clearly in scriptures of old there are people who claimed to have seen God'.

Jesus says He will manifest to us if we live right. God says He Will manifest. So it can't get any plainer than that. God will appear to people if He chooses to. They will see God face to face. He says He will appear to people, & who are we to argue?
Either John is wrong or Jesus is not God.

Old 11-06-2019, 09:51 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean777 View Post
Well that is the book (collection of books placed together) the majority of religious people in the world believe in, according to pie graphs.
Maybe we need to look at that broad statement a little more carefully.

Going back slightly more than 50 years ago, I had a friend who was trying to get me to convert to catholicism, which I eventually did. We used to have long discussions about the bible, and he was a great believer in the bible. We didn't have the internet back then, but I went to the college library and found some old book that was basically arguing in favor of atheism. I came up with a list of about 20 things -- such as Jonah and the whale, Noah's ark, god killing the first born of Egypt, and so forth -- and confronted his belief in the bible. In almost every case, when confronted with specific bible tales, he admitted he did not believe them. And the conclusion he came to was that he believed in some of the bible.

So saying the majority of people in the world believe in the bible is a shaky thing to say. And, just out of curiosity, what percent of the world's population would believe what you say about your experiences?

Old 11-07-2019, 12:36 AM

8,343 posts, read 272,638 times
Quote:

"Pineal" ( פְּנִיאֵ֑ל) in the Hebrew means 'faces of God'.
Similar to pineal (gland) which some believe is the alleged 3rd eye where we can see the light..etc, ie face to face with G.

..just a thought

Last edited by JaiSea; 11-07-2019 at 12:37 AM.. Reason: to insert the word 'see'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality