Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2017, 08:20 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,976,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutdude View Post
i think some of you are catching on.

You're being played.

Last edited by 303Guy; 10-12-2017 at 09:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2017, 09:07 PM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I think some of you are catching on.

You're being played.
The thing to do is not play his game. Play Ours. He wants evidence - present it. He wants to argue about the evidence - point out where that is pointless nit -picking.

It's not about him - it's about others looking in, wondering what is the case for evolution and what is the case for creation. We have shown convincing evidence for evolution. Creationism has shown no evidence, only showed that it does not understand the science and does not want to.

Euse...I mean Omega, did us a great service when he said Creation doesn't need evidence. It does; but Creationists think it doesn't, because they believe that a Faith -claim is good enough to be the default theory and all they need to do it deny everything and refuse to listen, and they win by default.

Now this is a must watch for those who accept evolution and those who have doubts. I did myself in my earlier years and I was an atheist then. I had heard a lot of arguments that it was wrong, and while the arguments seemed bit thin, I couldn't recall any disproofs.

Why? Because evolution -theory is not taught in school. Creationists say it is because the biological science uses the facts - which were there and accepted long before Darwin.

I suspect that my doubts and lack of knowledge is the problem. Evolution isn't really taught and it probably high time it was. I had to learn it here - and Only becasue creationists forced me to by asking questions.

It's a poor show when atheist have to do (unpaid) the job education should be doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGmLDKQp_Qc

Old 10-12-2017, 10:58 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,254,407 times
That's a brilliant video!

So is this one!

The Texas Board of Indoctrination

Old 10-12-2017, 11:01 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
I don't understand how evolution works, because it can be demonstrated that it does.

Old 10-12-2017, 11:10 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,254,407 times
Can you say...Methodological naturalism?

Old 10-12-2017, 11:16 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
[b]

First explain how you can say something is happening to something that can't be seen...

If I didn't answer your earlier point today, I missed it. Make it aqain and I will respond.
Typical Eusebius ploys. When asked a question, demand that your unanswerable question is answered before answering the question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I simply cannot comprehend why he hasn't been banned.

He's blatantly trolling and is a complete waste of bandwidth.
He doesn't stick around long enough to be banned. Just disappears and re-appears as someone else. Transponder and I have been observing him for a long time. Omega is the ex-Eusebius....amongst other aliases.

Old 10-13-2017, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
That's a brilliant video!

So is this one!

The Texas Board of Indoctrination
Yes, thanks. I was tempted to post that, but I thought I'd indulged myself enough.

There was another one that made the important point that Creationists have made capital out of peddling the idea that one cannot be an evolutionist and a Christian. In fact a great number of Christians are evolutionists and evolutionists are Christians. What they are peddling is not Christianity but Genesis literalism.

Old 10-13-2017, 06:40 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,993,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
How are you ignorant that bacteria is domain classification not a specie classification. Animal is a kingdom classification. So yeah it is the same thing. And you say you are knowledgeable about these things. I think the problem is that you are too ignorant to learn here why you are wrong.
Talk is cheap. Show me where I am ignorant. Please include the science that you think supports your OPINION.

Old 10-13-2017, 06:52 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Talk is cheap. Show me where I am ignorant. Please include the science that you think supports your OPINION.
I have already pointed out your ignorance - go reread my posts, and while you are at it answer my questions trollster! And by the way that is just your OPINION! See how easy that was!

Old 10-13-2017, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Shiloh is right. We have provided convincing evidence for evolution. You ignore it. The videos posted provide all the evidence any reasonable person could want. Everything - expanding universe, evolution of species with morphology, transitional forms and DNA, You have not only had all the evidence anyone could ask, but have provided not a scrap of your own.

It is blindingly obvious to all that you are ignoring the evidence, repeating the same debunked claims, denying everything and simply doing the utterly delusionary bottom line of the Creationists: ignore any evidence that contradicts the Bible.

Seen the Unquestionable evidences thread lately? It is now Unquestionable evidences that the Quran is the work of men, and men who did not understand the world as well as we (thanks to science, and no thanks to Holy Books) do now. Is the evidence accepted? Not a bit of it. Just more 'Explain this...Explain that.." Faith -based denial.

That's what you are doing here. But You deserve a rep really, for giving us the chance to show just how creationism in far too many US states is exploting Religious faithfulness to shoehorn Anto -science fifth columnists into position of authority where they lie and cheat in a desperate effort to indoctrinate the kids with their cultish nonsense.

Because Old mate..It's you , I'd bet My last years of life on it..this isn't Christianity, it is a looney cult that has been as successful as Scientology, even though it - like scientology - can be totally and utterly shown to be a fraud and nonsense. But those who believe it simply stick their fingers in their ears.

You have been shown where you are utterly ignorant of evolution -theory and science. You understand nothing of it and do not want to. Talk may be cheap, but Faith -based denial is worthless.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 10-13-2017 at 08:41 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality