Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 01:43 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times

Advertisements

Here is a prime example of the double standard and hypocrisy that exists in the LGBT community. This shop owner kicks Christians out of his group because he simply didn't agree with their beliefs. So how is this any different than the Christian bakers not agreeing with the lifestyle/beliefs of the gay customers?

There is one clear difference. The Christian owners were never hateful and vulgar in their refusal to do business. In fact, they never kicked people out of their store. They just didn't want to make a particular product. If you're going to play the discrimination card then it should go both ways. You can't kick people out of your business because you don't like their beliefs.

Gay Coffee Shop Owner Kicks Christians Out, Goes on Vulgar Rant About Things He'd Do to Jesus
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2017, 01:44 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times
I don't approve of what he did, BUT it's a good example of how some "right" (so-called) can cut both ways.

Old 10-08-2017, 01:52 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,965,098 times
Just another example of how the left is no longer liberal. I'm gay and I've noticed this for a while. Liberals like Dave Rubin have, too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq86Beh3T70&t=3s

Old 10-08-2017, 02:28 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Intolerance crosses lines. Is that supposed to justify the intolerance on one side of that line?

Old 10-08-2017, 02:29 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,066,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Here is a prime example of the double standard and hypocrisy that exists in the LGBT community. This shop owner kicks Christians out of his group because he simply didn't agree with their beliefs. So how is this any different than the Christian bakers not agreeing with the lifestyle/beliefs of the gay customers?

There is one clear difference. The Christian owners were never hateful and vulgar in their refusal to do business. In fact, they never kicked people out of their store. They just didn't want to make a particular product. If you're going to play the discrimination card then it should go both ways. You can't kick people out of your business because you don't like their beliefs.

Gay Coffee Shop Owner Kicks Christians Out, Goes on Vulgar Rant About Things He'd Do to Jesus
A prime example of Gay shop owners (always?) doing the wrong thing? or just your FIRST AND ONLY example of something that looks extensively like angry hypocrisy from a Gay coffee shop owner? For all you and I know, that dumb Gay might have thought that the anti-gay-cakers won their cases since anti-gay Trump was elected. He might not even have denied a service to the Christians, put only kicked them out because they were making a soliciting fuzz.

Either way, if the coffee shop is at all filling taxes in the public trust of the U.S.A. it must follow U.S.A. law or reap the consequences as previously delineated. Kicking a certain few people out of store for legitimate reason (which could happen) is not the same as DENYING TO MAKE COFFEE FOR CHRISTIANS OR WITH STRAIGHT VALENTINES MESSAGES ON THEM.

Regardless, there are consequences for illegal things, are there not? What have the courts said about this situation? I'm not going to defend the evil within my group just because its in my group (nor would I agree with the discriminatory evil).

Old 10-08-2017, 02:30 PM

439 posts, read 345,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Intolerance crosses lines. Is that supposed to justify the intolerance on one side of that line?
If you read it, it was pointing out the imbalance of the intolerance

And what an imbalance it is

Refusing totally to serve a customer verses choosing not to make a particular product for a customer

In no way shape or form can you read into it that the OP is justifying it

Old 10-08-2017, 02:34 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,066,770 times
Gay coffee shop owner kicks Christians out of cafe, goes on vulgar rant
Quote:
What were they doing there?
The group had been handing out booklets to Seattle citizens which addressed sin, the Bible, and abortion.
The group claims that they were not soliciting in his shop, they merely stopped at the coffee shop to get coffee and merely happened to tell the owner what they have been doing outside. The owner seems to have freaked out saying that the group wouldn't accept him so why should he accept them.

According to them, the owner asked if they would accept him "f.....in his boyfriend" right there in the store in front of them. Either he was extremely incited for no apparent reason (some sort of dumb-ass PTSD?)

Quote:
As the group begins collecting their belongings to leave, one of the women in the group addresses the owner directly and tells him, “Just know that Christ can save you from that lifestyle.”
If only Christ would save them from their lifestyle as well, how'd happier we all would be. No more psycho gays and no more psycho anti-gays.

Quote:
[previous occurrences and altercation edited out or not included in the video]

“I’m gay. You have to leave,” owner Ben Borgman said in the video.

“Are you denying us service?” Mr. Davis asked.

“I am. Yeah,” Mr. Borgman replied.
Seems that the dumb shop-keeper was set up. May the SECULAR law fall hard and fast on him!

It seems the Washington times edited out what the Christians said about the Gay man saving himself from being Gay by turning to their version of Jesus. I wonder why the Washington times would do something like that, hopefully it wouldn't be to pander to a huge tribalist group-chunk of their audience. LOL

Last edited by LuminousTruth; 10-08-2017 at 02:51 PM..

Old 10-08-2017, 02:37 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeaniee View Post
If you read it, it was pointing out the imbalance of the intolerance

And what an imbalance it is

Refusing totally to serve a customer verses choosing not to make a particular product for a customer

In no way shape or form can you read into it that the OP is justifying it
Allow me to point out that the premise of the OP stigmatizes a whole "community" for the actions of one member: "Here is a prime example of the double standard and hypocrisy that exists in the LGBT community."

The fact is that there are people of any point of view that are intolerant, but the difference here is that the "fundamentalist Community" TEACHES that intolerance as opposed to individuals of the "LGBT community" who only express their individual views.

Old 10-08-2017, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Allow me to point out that the premise of the OP stigmatizes a whole "community" for the actions of one member: "Here is a prime example of the double standard and hypocrisy that exists in the LGBT community."

The fact is that there are people of any point of view that are intolerant, but the difference here is that the "fundamentalist Community" TEACHES that intolerance as opposed to individuals of the "LGBT community" who only express their individual views.
He posted a thread about a Gay Coffee Shop Owner denying service to Christians due to their faith.

That doesn't stigmatize any particular group, he only posted one instance.

We ALREADY know this is truth- ""Here is a prime example of the double standard and hypocrisy that exists in the LGBT community."

We see the hatred towards Christians and the celebrating of this sexual bent (fornication/adultery) everywhere now. That Christians are stigmatized everywhere they go, per scripture prophecy. You aren't really denying this are you?

Christians are not intolerant of fornication/adultery, murder, not having other Gods before our Lord, thieving, all sorts of things which are sin.

Old 10-08-2017, 02:46 PM

Refusing totally to serve a customer -verses- choosing not to make a particular product for a customer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality