Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 01:38 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,106,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Seriously? I have to explain which is which?
Yeah, no more cop outs and evasions. Explain.

And quit hitting yourself in the head, that could cause damage if it already hasn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2013, 01:40 PM

3,402 posts, read 2,786,533 times
Quote:
If the creator exists on a higher plane, why is that illogical?
Because then the universe can exist on the same higher plane, and we are back to square one. If you then say the universe cannot exist on that higher plane, the question is why not? You have no reason to believe such a plane exists, much less that the universe isn't or cannot be part of it.

You have a logical conundrum, and your only way out of it is to make stuff up.

That is the problem, planes or not...

-NoCapo

Old 09-17-2013, 01:49 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Quote:
One was planned; one was an accident.
Creation was planned. Without a creator, our existence is a "cosmic accident".

Old 09-17-2013, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCapo View Post
Because then the universe can exist on the same higher plane, and we are back to square one. If you then say the universe cannot exist on that higher plane, the question is why not? You have no reason to believe such a plane exists, much less that the universe isn't or cannot be part of it.

You have a logical conundrum, and your only way out of it is to make stuff up.

That is the problem, planes or not...

-NoCapo
How can that be, if the creator is greater than the creation?

Old 09-17-2013, 01:53 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,126,539 times
Quote:
How can that be, if the creator is greater than the creation?
You have not proven that to be true. And even if true, why can't they exist on the same plane?

Curious if you feel this way about humans that create other humans.

Old 09-17-2013, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
You have not proven that to be true. And even if true, why can't they exist on the same plane?

Curious if you feel this way about humans that create other humans.
I don't need to prove it true, just logical.

Old 09-17-2013, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Creation was planned. Without a creator, our existence is a "cosmic accident".
Okay, that brings us back to the original question which you have not answered. Who planned the creator? How did the creator come into being?

And, once more, still hoping for a response which makes a minimum of sense, if you insist that the creator has always existed, why is that any more likely or logical than arguing that the material which forms the universe has always existed?

We have physical evidence that the material exists, we have the universe. We have no such evidence for a creator. So postulating that one or the other has always existed, with material we are starting with some evidence while with a creator we are doing so in a vacuum.

Okay...how about...finally...an answer to that.

Old 09-17-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
Okay, that brings us back to the original question which you have not answered. Who planned the creator? How did the creator come into being?

And, once more, still hoping for a response which makes a minimum of sense, if you insist that the creator has always existed, why is that any more likely or logical than arguing that the material which forms the universe has always existed?

We have physical evidence that the material exists, we have the universe. We have no such evidence for a creator. So postulating that one or the other has always existed, with material we are starting with some evidence while with a creator we are doing so in a vacuum.

Okay...how about...finally...an answer to that.
I've already answered those questions. No need to rehash.

As far as evidence for a creator, I don't need to show any. Rather, my point is to show that a creator is logical, wheras a cosmic accident is not.

Old 09-17-2013, 02:37 PM

Quote:
I've already answered those questions. No need to rehash.

As far as evidence for a creator, I don't need to show any. Rather, my point is to show that a creator is logical, wheras a cosmic accident is not.
No you have not. You have not answered the question, you have not even tried to answer the question, only avoided it. Nor have you explained the supposed logic behind the second assertion above, only stated that it was logical. Do you not understand that something more than mere assertion is required here? It does not seem that you do.

I'm through wasting time with you, you declare, assert and evade, and nothing else.

Old 09-17-2013, 02:39 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
No you have not. You have not answered the question, you have not even tried to answer the question, only avoided it. Nor have you explained the supposed logic behind the second assertion above, only stated that it was logical. Do you not understand that something more than mere assertion is required here? It does not seem that you do.

I'm through wasting time with you, you declare, assert and evade, and nothing else.
I haven't seen a fundamentalist do anything else but.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality