Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 05:07 AM

4,500 posts, read 2,843,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmof View Post
You still haven't answered my question; in what kind of god do you believe in, and why? Faith in the christian god means you have already made up your mind about the understanding of life. And the "knowledge" you get from the bible says god has a plan for everything. He is also allknowing, he knows everything that has happened and everything that will happen, and the bible says that he made that plan, so he has decided in advance what is ever going to happen. That includes every choice anyone/anything will ever make. So if you believe that, you believe that free will doesn't exist.
I believe in God who creates this world and yes HE Did . I believe in his existence because that makes sence to me .
Well , Your words mean that I am not responsible about anything in my life . My choices ,my successes ,my failure friendships and relationships , my wants and needs .....everything . So I don't need to think anymore because there is an advanced plan to my life , I am just an instrument to make it real . so heaven and hell are not my choices ,it is will of god .
I think that is a relief for me because I feel guilty all time about what I did in my life and I did not realize good results because of my errors of my way .
I have never said God wanted me to fail . I always say that it is my fault .

Last edited by Mona Mee; 10-05-2008 at 05:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2008, 04:50 PM

9 posts, read 29,722 times
I assume you believe in a god that created our entire universe, not just this planet. If you believe in "god's divine plan", you believe god has planned everythig that is ever going to happen, and that includes choices. So if you believe that, you are extremely immoral; you think that "god" is accountable for everything anyone does and that no one should be blamed for their actions, you believe it is god's will.

How can our reality make more sense if an allknowing, allpowerfull god created it? What I'm getting at is, why, if this god exists, aren't we in "heaven" from the beginning? You might say that we are born into this world to get experience and mature. Why then, if he is allpowerfull, didn't he create "souls" who already are experienced, mature and moral in the first place? The only conclusion would be that he has created everything for his own twisted amusement. He would be an immoral god of perversion, who's greatest desire is to watch living things live out their lives in random chance, and "enjoying the show".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality