Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 12:40 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,937,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Shall I call you "Medicine Man", instead? Or do you prefer "Chief"? My title is not "Preacher". I've asked you to not call me that, but you have turned a blind eye.

Bottom line is, on the day of judgment there are going to be a lot of "spiritual" people that are weeping and gnashing their teeth. You can accuse me of fearmongering..I don't care. I'm telling you what God has spoken. If you can't get past your cultural prejudices to recognize that...fine. I'm sorry for you.

I agree with you 100% here, people need to get in to the word of God as He is the only way to salvation through His Son Jesus Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2013, 12:44 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
I agree with you 100% here, people need to get in to the word of God as He is the only way to salvation through His Son Jesus Christ.
Nuh-uh.

Old 11-09-2013, 01:58 PM

204 posts, read 351,058 times
Quote:
What about the other religions who pose the exact some question? Believe in me or you'll burn in hell?

Old 11-09-2013, 02:10 PM

10,520 posts, read 6,157,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
I am neither a Medicine Man or a Chief,these are terms that are used to determine if certain position within the tribe so I cannot hold either position. Let me ask you this, you're a pastor, a father, or a preacher of your church and you preach to your congregation from your sacred book so in a real sense you are a preacher, Preacher and I do not mean that as a derogatory term, it is, what it is.

Now bottom line is, I do not believe in your day of judgment and I am not a Christian and your statement is merely your opinion you have no idea what is really in store for you in the next world, none of us do and it is all merely speculation so we could both be wrong or we could both be right neither one of us know for sure. However I still would not go around scaring my children and forcing them into a belief that I do not believe. My children and family have been taught to make their own choice and whether it is the same as mine or not, that choice will be honored and respected.

I love my Creator, and you say I don't believe in god. I honor all creation, and you say I worship animals. I talked to my Grandfathers, and you say I commune with evil spirits. I feel Mother Earth's heart beating, and you keep building your churches on her. I respect the old ways, and you say"come join our modern society." To me every day is Thanksgiving, and you set your birthdays by your calendar. My life reflects my walk and my way, yours is based on conversion to a religion.I see the gathering of Nations, and you stick to your denominations. You live this way with no respect for my belief, and you say I am lost.

Preacher, it is I who feels sorry for you, you're going through life with a set of blinders on and you do not see the rest of the world around you and that is because that is the only thing you were taught, you have no imagination, you have no will to be flexible or to even question your belief. You go through life in a very regimental manner and that is all you know. I am not the one who is lost, I know the path that I travel through life.
No offence, but if Vizio has asked you not to call him preacher, you should respect that. His username on here is Vizio. Continuing to call him Preacher when he has asked you not to, regardless of his reasons, and then highlighting the word in bold, is being confrontational. You can just as easily call him Vizio.

Old 11-09-2013, 02:42 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,654,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
No offence, but if Vizio has asked you not to call him preacher, you should respect that. His username on here is Vizio. Continuing to call him Preacher when he has asked you not to, regardless of his reasons, and then highlighting the word in bold, is being confrontational. You can just as easily call him Vizio.

My Dear English Madam, I quite agree with you however the title of Preacher is for those that I do respect for the position that he holds and is not meant to be derogatory, he is after all, a preacher of his congregation.

While I on the other hand am neither a Chief of my people,which is an elected position, nor am I a Medicine Man, I am merely a Spiritual Elder and an Ancient Warrior of my people and I do not aspire to such lofty titles.

Old 11-09-2013, 02:51 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,654,459 times
Quote:

Ahhhhhh... it's good to hear from the Christian right, it's always interesting to hear from those who are so blinded by their faith that they fail to see that they are not the only organized religion in this world.It is a shame that the children of the Christian right have to live in fear of their god,this is something that our children will never be taught, because we love our Creator and our Creator loves us.

Old 11-09-2013, 03:17 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:

Bottom line is, on the day of judgment there are going to be a lot of "spiritual" people that are weeping and gnashing their teeth. You can accuse me of fearmongering..I don't care. I'm telling you what God has spoken. If you can't get past your cultural prejudices to recognize that...fine. I'm sorry for you.
I'm sorry for the person who gets taught fear instead of love.

Old 11-09-2013, 03:23 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,136,004 times
Teaching anyone of any age that hell exists is teaching through fear.

Old 11-09-2013, 03:28 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
You are corrupting Christ's Gospel of love with your arrogant retention of ancient ignorance and fear supposedly as a sign of your faith in God. You are WRONG to believe and teach that our God is such a petty egotist that He is only interested in having us believe the "right" things about Jesus (what YOU think are the right things). Christ's instructions to His disciples said nothing about believing the right things. He told them to "love God and each other" daily and repent when they didn't. His Gospel was to spread God's love among themselves and to the world. YOU are spreading a fear message which is "Bad News" . . . NOT Good News. You carry a heavy burden. I would not be too sure who will be doing the "weeping and gnashing" if I were you.

Old 11-09-2013, 03:29 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,136,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Preacher, you still don't understand nor do I think you will ever understand. You have confined yourself within four small walls of your sacred book and even then you're not taking full advantage of what's within those four walls. No need to feel sorry for me, I am free of any confinement that your sacred book puts upon you, I do not need Christianity in order for me to live a good life in the eyes of my Creator. Yes, I do reject the words of your god because he is a god that I do not believe in and why should I pretend to tell you something that I know nothing about, that would be betraying myself, so I'm not going to lie to you about something that I don't know anything about, nor do I care to know about it.

by the way I would like to thank you for the promotion (Chief) although I do not deserve it because I was not elected to it, so by rights, I cannot hold the position.

I am reminded of the words of Running Hawk,a Lakota Warrior:

Religion is for people who are afraid of hell, Spirituality is for people who have already been there.

As a Spiritual Elder, I have been there and back.

This is a religious/spiritual person I can respect. While I don't believe in spirituality I do respect and appreciate wisdom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality