Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 08:01 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,356,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Noah and his wife Joan of Ark....still laughing...that was the best.
According to a poll done a few years ago, something like 12% of Americans thought that Joan of Arc was Noah's wife.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2013, 08:36 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,099,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Let's see....

Noah's wife Joan of Arc gave God time-out because He was acting like a tantrumming 5 year old after His wife wife Asherah left Him for one of His 69 sibling gods. Not sure which one as their names are now lost in history. But clearly the time-out didn't work because God's tantrum went too far and he destroyed most of his human toys by letting his celestial bath tub overflow and flood the earth. God was last heard saying "You're all meanies and won't play the game I want to play, so I don't want to play with you anymore!"

Noah, Joan of Arc, and their kids, plus a bunch of dinosaurs and other animals escaped being drowned because they clung on to God's giant wooden bathtub ducky (which later got called the Ark).
Too soon to rep again but thanks so much for the chuckle. I needed that.

Old 11-23-2013, 10:20 PM

63,581 posts, read 39,871,629 times
Quote:
Let's see....
Noah's wife Joan of Arc gave God time-out because He was acting like a tantrumming 5 year old after His wife wife Asherah left Him for one of His 69 sibling gods. Not sure which one as their names are now lost in history. But clearly the time-out didn't work because God's tantrum went too far and he destroyed most of his human toys by letting his celestial bath tub overflow and flood the earth. God was last heard saying "You're all meanies and won't play the game I want to play, so I don't want to play with you anymore!"
Noah, Joan of Arc, and their kids, plus a bunch of dinosaurs and other animals escaped being drowned because they clung on to God's giant wooden bathtub ducky (which later got called the Ark).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Noah and his wife Joan of Ark....still laughing...that was the best.
Quote:
According to a poll done a few years ago, something like 12% of Americans thought that Joan of Arc was Noah's wife.
Ah Jay . . . I do enjoy your intelligent and entertaining wit . . . shades of rifleman (RIP) re: Noah. This was superb!

Old 11-24-2013, 07:50 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,474,211 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Ah Jay . . . I do enjoy your intelligent and entertaining wit . . . shades of rifleman (RIP) re: Noah. This was superb!
Actually this isn't humor, that is a fact, and scary as hell. That was in a 1997 survey, wouldn't surprise me that it has risen a few points of ignorance since.

Old 11-25-2013, 03:57 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,356,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It's good for the health to be a little silly and ridiculous sometimes.

PS: I miss Rifleman too.

Old 11-26-2013, 07:22 AM

689 posts, read 637,807 times
Quote:
I'll bet that nearly everyone that doesn't believe the Great Flood will say that they know that it was a rainbow that was given as a sign that the whole earth would never be flooded by water again to destroy all living flesh.
But the the bow in the cloud results from arch of the aquatic sphere that some call the atmosphere. Either that or the world is flat and we're being tricked.

Old 11-26-2013, 08:24 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,298,559 times
I know the answer again...

Because José Luis de Jesùs Miranda wouldn't let Him on board!

Old 11-26-2013, 09:17 AM

689 posts, read 637,807 times
now you're just being silly...

Old 11-26-2013, 09:34 AM

4,530 posts, read 5,127,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwood View Post
now you're just being silly...
What's not to be silly about? This is the story of Noah we're talking about here. A story you believe to be literally true. That's the epitome of silliness.

Old 11-26-2013, 02:01 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,679,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwood View Post
I'll bet that nearly everyone that doesn't believe the Great Flood will say that they know that it was a rainbow that was given as a sign that the whole earth would never be flooded by water again to destroy all living flesh.
But the the bow in the cloud results from arch of the aquatic sphere that some call the atmosphere. Either that or the world is flat and we're being tricked.
huh? Bow in the cloud? Aquatic Sphere?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality