Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 01:38 PM

896 posts, read 1,864,864 times

Advertisements

Oh please keep this thread going. I'm really enjoying the laughs... I never realised that religious stuff could be so funny.

Last edited by northsider; 11-24-2007 at 01:38 PM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2007, 02:44 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Ben-Ariel View Post
Jesus was sent to Earth to deliver a Message to mankind. A startling message from Outer Space

GOD IS REPRODUCING HIMSELF! That's the glorious Good News that Jesus boldly proclaimed!

Why have the vast majority of professing Christians been deceived on this point? Why do they go about bleating they're "born again" alread

THIS IS THE WHOLE PLAN AND PURPOSE OF GOD!

Soon it'll be mission accomplished in our lives and we'll experience the "finishing touch" to our spiritual creation (Phil. 1:6; Rev. 1:8; Ephes. 2:10).

We're actually the Kingdom of God in embryo - the PIONEERING COMMUNITY of an advanced civilization - who'll soon help establish HEAVEN ON EART

June, June..Can I make an appointment

Last edited by Miss Blue; 11-24-2007 at 02:51 PM.. Reason: remove content

Old 11-25-2007, 07:54 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,070,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Ben-Ariel View Post
Are you familiar with the apostle Paul's encouragement to the early Christians to "follow me, as I follow Christ"? I follow Jesus Christ whom Herbert W. Armstrong followed, and faithfully taught the plain truth of the Bible rather than the idolatrous traditions of counterfeit Christianity (with their Gentilized Jesus and Roman wolves in sheep's clothing).

I was baptized into the Body of Jesus Christ, not into any sect or denomination of men, by Worldwide Church of God pastor George Kackos in 1979. Please note the current Worldwide Church of God is no longer the Church of God (the faithful members forsook that corrupt organization when Tkachism ran roughshod over our biblical beliefs), but just another synagogue of Satan (counterfeit Christianity who substitute traditions for the commandments of God).
Is Mr. Armstrong the same guy who stated only God heals and that medical science is ineffective..

yet in is later life he took heart medications and had a traveling nurse with him..

Old 11-28-2007, 06:38 PM

11 posts, read 20,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Well I won't deny that Germany is part of Europe and that there probably are Jesuits living in Europe, but who is this divine emperor?
Europe's wannabe divine emperor will be revealed. The provocation of the "King of the South" (some Muslim leader, perhaps an Iranian?) will bring out the BEAST in Europe. Such a man of the moment will actually appear like a hero, a savior, a good guy, at first...saving Europe from Islam.

Quote:
isn't a prototype a test model to discover the flaws, before one proceeds with the mass-production?
That is one of the definitions of prototype. Another, which I had in mind, is:

An original type, form, or instance serving as a basis or standard for later stages.

prototype: Definition, Synonyms and Much More from Answers.com

Quote:
Why did this Yeshua appear so late in the game?
Part of God's plan. There were to be 4 Gentile Kingdoms and then the Kingdom of God is to be established that destroys what's left of the others, their composite will become so much compost.

Yeshua came to announce, at the end of the 4th kingdom (Rome), the Kingdom of God that He will establish when He returns and set things straight.

Old 11-28-2007, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Is Mr. Armstrong the same guy who stated only God heals and that medical science is ineffective..
Herbert W. Armstrong did teach only God heals, but that doctors and medicines have their very limited place. You mean to tell me you believe doctors heal? Just because they're dressed in white...

Quote:
yet in is later life he took heart medications and had a traveling nurse with him..
Were you that nurse or you're just going by hear-say? It's irrelevant, anyway. I really hope you don't believe doctors or medicines heal...they don't. Is that a shock to your system?

Old 11-28-2007, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northsider View Post
I never realised that religious stuff could be so funny.
Don't die laughing.

Old 11-28-2007, 09:19 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,233,536 times
Originally Posted by David Ben-Ariel
Quote:
The provocation of the "King of the South"
He could be anyone, even an American southerener (like Colonel Saunders from KFC).
It could even be Bush who brings peace to Israel and Palestine (although I find this highly unlikely since Dubya only stumbled through the Oval Office).

Quote:
An original type, form, or instance serving as a basis or standard for later stages.
I'm more inclined to believe that the definition of the Sci-Tech or Small Business Encyclopaedia would be more accurate, since Yoshua appeared so late in the game.

Quote:
Yeshua came to announce, at the end of the 4th kingdom (Rome), the Kingdom of God that He will establish when He returns and set things straight.
I believe that western civilisation is just a continuation of the kingdom of Rome.
So the kingdom of Rome has not ended yet.

Old 11-29-2007, 04:18 AM

140 posts, read 290,540 times
Default Reason versus faith?

Does reason deny the beauty and worship of life?
Moderator cut: inappropriate
There is only spirit
Your intelligence already knows?
Philosophy is the true pursuit of God!!!!
This is our salvation and our need?
To see?
To know the One? Reason? Spirit? God?
This and only this---------the Priests of a new age?
Spirit!!!!--------we need the help of the wise? so be wise!
cheers Stu

Old 11-29-2007, 04:28 AM

140 posts, read 290,540 times
I am willing to go again---to stand as an intelligent person in confrontation/ confronted by the a mockery of the non-religious.

What is the infinite? I am not sure I even understand God!!!----but you do not know either!!!!!! The infinite?
Is there power in the idea? Can I go into such a place and learn? The lesson of life?
Can you?---you do not have the capacity to see? Truly?
Faith!
Mankind/ philosophers/ not scientists!!!!----there is an expectation? An infinite finite group seeking truth? give me God!!! Stu

Old 11-29-2007, 10:26 AM

2,957 posts, read 7,384,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northsider View Post
Oh please keep this thread going. I'm really enjoying the laughs... I never realised that religious stuff could be so funny.
Yes, you will consistently be amused, shocked, disappointed and possibly terrified by the ever-growing web of religious beliefs that are discussed here.

Particularly interesting to me are the new American Christian religions or denominations. You would think that newer forms would jive more with the modern world (most claim to) but they appear more and more primitive in their beliefs. Yet, the logic behind the beliefs are modernized. Christians seem to study the Bible more and more meticulously, then form newer sects that are convinced they have found the truth (after all, they've taken the time to do the research!) and that everything that came before is the, uh, product of satan or something.

Funny, fascinating, scary stuff indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality