Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 01:31 PM

472 posts, read 385,304 times

Advertisements

quen,

I know many Muslims. I Understand what they believe. We have reasoned on many subjects. Let me state, I am of no religions...I am but a servant of the living God. I will not try to change what you believe. I will pose a question to you a Muslim posed to me. Here are his words:

"God is compassionate. I am only a man. I do not have the compassion God has. If a person dies, the Quran says if they go to hell their flesh will burn off, and as it burns off, it will re-grow, so it can burn off again, over, and over for ever. I am just a man, and I would never do that to anybody. It is hard for me to think God would do that. How can my compassion be greater than Gods?"

How would you reply to his question?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2014, 04:50 AM

75 posts, read 63,028 times
Earlier on this forum, i said that human is Allah's representative on earth. Actually i tried to translate the word ''khalifa'' and used the word representative. This might be a wrong translation. Meaning of that ''man'' being the khalifa of Allah on earth is that man apply Allah's laws on earth. This is what scholars said about this matter.

Also, i want to re-state my previous post in a more correct way: There is a verse in quran that says past and future sins of Muhammad(pbuh) are forgiven. According to islam faith, prophets do not commit sin. Some scholars said that this verse is about the potential to commit sin that exist in human nature, but Allah knows better. There is also a verse that says to prophet muhammad to ask forgiveness from Allah. Some schoalars said that the one who must ask forgiveness is his ummah(muslims), that the ummah is symbolized on muhammad(pbuh) person, in this verse, but again allah knows better...

Last edited by guen; 06-28-2014 at 06:05 AM..

Old 06-28-2014, 06:30 AM

75 posts, read 63,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guen View Post

Also, i want to re-state my previous post in a more correct way: There is a verse in quran that says past and future sins of Muhammad(pbuh) are forgiven. According to islam faith, prophets do not commit sin. Some scholars said that this verse is about the potential to commit sin that exist in human nature, but Allah knows better. .
Scholars said that this verse is about the potential to commit sin does not come to act becuse of the ''ısmet'' property that exist in prophets.

Old 08-01-2016, 11:22 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,993,887 times
Quote:
By prophet Muhammad's own words: If one would know that only one person will go to paradise, he should hope that he might be the one; and if one knows that only one person will go to hell, he should be afraid that he might be the one.

That seems a bit selfish. If only one person could go to heaven, I will want it to one of my grandchildren.

Quote:
A muslim should be in between fear and hope.
The Christian is sitting on the top of God inspired and inerrant word with complete assurance of their future.

Only Allah knows for sure who will go where...[/quote]

Those are some of the reason I consider Christianity and the Bible superior to Islam and the Quran.

Our entrance into heaven is not based on what we do or do not do, it is based on what Jesus did on our behalf.

Also we can know for sure that we are going to heaven: These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Soon of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life-- I John 5:13.
Also we have been born again of seed which is imperishable(I peter 1:23). By definition that which is imperishable cannot perish.

Old 08-01-2016, 11:26 AM

19,958 posts, read 13,450,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
That seems a bit selfish. If only one person could go to heaven, I will want it to one of my grandchildren.
[/i]

The Christian is sitting on the top of God inspired and inerrant word with complete assurance of their future.

Only Allah knows for sure who will go where...
Those are some of the reason I consider Christianity and the Bible superior to Islam and the Quran.

Our entrance into heaven is not based on what we do or do not do, it is based on what Jesus did on our behalf.

Also we can know for sure that we are going to heaven: These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Soon of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life-- I John 5:13.
Also we have been born again of seed which is imperishable(I peter 1:23). By definition that which is imperishable cannot perish.[/quote]
You have resurrected a nearly 3 year old post using nothing but unsubstantiated assertions of dogma. Nice work.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:16 PM

595 posts, read 331,606 times
Quote:
According to Matthew 7:21-23 that attitude of entitlement will only get the response "I never knew you," from Jesus.

Quote:
Quote:
Only Allah knows for sure who will go where...
In other words he prefers a god whom he can imagine is in his pocket and under his control -- a demonic god of power he can use for his own gain.

Quote:
Salvation is offered to all as a gift but accepting that gift requires surrender and faith in God rather than entitlement and self-assurance as if salvation was one of your accomplishments in life. (head shaking)

Old 08-02-2016, 11:38 AM

19,958 posts, read 13,450,937 times
Quote:

Also we have been born again of seed which is imperishable(I peter 1:23). By definition that which is imperishable cannot perish.
You have resurrected a nearly 3 year old post using nothing but unsubstantiated assertions of dogma. Nice work.

^^^ Looks like the quoting got messed up on the above. I was quoting and commenting to the OP.

Old 08-02-2016, 12:20 PM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post

^^^ Looks like the quoting got messed up on the above. I was quoting and commenting to the OP.

Never mind. A substantial sum transponded to the Transponder benevolent fund will elicit my forgiveness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by domenic View Post
quen,

I know many Muslims. I Understand what they believe. We have reasoned on many subjects. Let me state, I am of no religions...I am but a servant of the living God. I will not try to change what you believe. I will pose a question to you a Muslim posed to me. Here are his words:

"God is compassionate. I am only a man. I do not have the compassion God has. If a person dies, the Quran says if they go to hell their flesh will burn off, and as it burns off, it will re-grow, so it can burn off again, over, and over for ever. I am just a man, and I would never do that to anybody. It is hard for me to think God would do that. How can my compassion be greater than Gods?"

How would you reply to his question?
Was Quen able to give a satisfactory answer to your question? Because I'm blowed if it looked satisfactory to me.

Old 08-02-2016, 12:22 PM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellmckain View Post
According to Matthew 7:21-23 that attitude of entitlement will only get the response "I never knew you," from Jesus.

In other words he prefers a god whom he can imagine is in his pocket and under his control -- a demonic god of power he can use for his own gain.

Salvation is offered to all as a gift but accepting that gift requires surrender and faith in God rather than entitlement and self-assurance as if salvation was one of your accomplishments in life. (head shaking)
Interesting.A reading of Paul suggests that you can buy a ticket. You subscribe and pay your fees and, provided you don't break the rules in small print on the back of the stub, you are guaranteed In. Was he wrong?

Old 08-02-2016, 12:24 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
Quote:
The concept of original sin:
Is stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality