Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 02:39 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,367,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Let's get together then!
What are we waiting for!!
Let's pray!! pray together, with the deepest devotion of our souls!
Except for the Atheists, the radical Muslims who want to kill you, Wiccans who believe something totally different, which is all fine, people have free will and can believe whatever they want. But you are never going to get EVERYONE to believe the same thing or think the same way. I admire your hope, but you're living in a dream world buddy. Sorry.

Old 11-24-2007, 02:45 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,420,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Except for the Atheists, the radical Muslims who want to kill you, Wiccans who believe something totally different, which is all fine, people have free will and can believe whatever they want. But you are never going to get EVERYONE to believe the same thing or think the same way. I admire your hope, but you're living in a dream world buddy. Sorry.
Have you tried to love that people? really love them? with all the strenght of your soul? the power of cosmic energy?

//www.city-data.com/forum/relig...nity-bond.html

Let's start being friends, we might have different ideas about the world or illegal immigration, but why don't we listen each other, care for each other, exchange our ideas with respect, try to offer support for the others, to make our brothers in this forum feel better, give them hope, strenght?

we are our brother's keeper aren't we?

Luv and Lighty!

Old 11-24-2007, 03:25 PM

2,434 posts, read 6,668,958 times
Quote:

But human beings are criminalized?
Illegal immigration isn't the product of a sick world. It's the product of people who have no respect for another nations laws. Nobody can make someone a criminal, one chooses to become a criminal.

Old 11-24-2007, 03:31 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,420,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
Illegal immigration isn't the product of a sick world. It's the product of people who have no respect for another nations laws. Nobody can make someone a criminal, one chooses to become a criminal.
Dear Hawkeye with all respect, couldn't that idea be the rationalization of a mistake? I'm not saying it is, but couldn't it be?

When you criminalize a behavior, is easy to forget the "criminals" are human beings and treat them like objects.

Stanford prison experiment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I can understand that someone who stole a car, murdered a person, beat his wife, raped a person can be considered a criminal, but i'm not so sure of other "crimes"

should these people be considered criminals?

Real Funny Dumb Laws

In Staten Island, New York, You may only water your lawn if the hose is held in your hand.

Bearded Lady Arrested!
In Oxford, Ohio, it is unlawful for a woman to appear in public while unshaven. This includes legs and face.

Who created the immigration laws that most of the world blindly follows and sticks to them with such an strong attachment? it'd be interesting to know who and why created them.

Please have a look at what a nationality law could be used to do, all in the justification of law and order and the citizen's welfare

September 15, 1935 - The Nuremberg Race Laws

The Nuremberg Race Laws of 1935 deprived German Jews of their rights of citizenship, giving them the status of "subjects" in Hitler's Reich. The laws also made it forbidden for Jews to marry or have sexual relations with Aryans or to employ young Aryan women as household help. (An Aryan being a person with blond hair and blue eyes of Germanic heritage.)

Another example of unfair laws that have disappeared (thank God)

Apartheid Legislation in South Africa

Why should we artificially divide the human race with citizenship laws? at least we should ponder about that, what harm could be done by thinking about this?

we might have different views about immigration, but it's healthy that we ponder on what all this means and why, to open ourselves to new possibilities

Last edited by Travelling fella; 11-24-2007 at 03:53 PM..

Old 11-24-2007, 09:22 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,532,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Sorry TF, I think your views would only work in a perfect world. If everyone had the same values, ideals, beliefs and respect for each other then everyone in the world living together as one would be fine. But when you have different people with different beliefs and values all living together, you have conflict, struggle and an eventual fight for dominance, that's just human nature. So, to avoid this, the world has it's countries where those with similar culture and values can seperate themselves from those who view things differently, and as long as those borders are respected, conflict for the most part can be avoided. Being different is fine and dandy, but when you have cultures from 2 or more countries living together in one community (i.e. Mexican culture with no intent of assimilation to American culture) you WILL have conflict, and an eventual fight for dominance. Sorry to rain on your parade, but unless everyone in the world has the same beliefs, borders are necessary, and should be respected.
Beautifully stated---couldn't have said it better myself....(of course, if I HAD said it, it would have required several more paragraphs)...

Old 11-24-2007, 09:29 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,532,515 times
Quote:
Another example of unfair laws that have disappeared (thank God)

Apartheid Legislation in South Africa
ng about this?
I don't know if I'd use South Africa as an example...admittedly, the Apartheid Laws are a chilling read---ugly to hear about, disturbing to contemplate. But that's over for now. The trouble is, I'm not sure that South Africa is a very happy place now. Has some VERY SERIOUS problems (to put it mildly), a huge rate of HIV, rape, robbery, violence, and racially-motivated hate crime. The end of Apartheid had VERY mixed results. It had some very ugly problems, which have now been replaced by some EQUALLY ugly "new" problems...

We'd probably have to classify South Africa as a "draw", rather than a win or a loss....and it's DEFINITELY not a "showcase" for anyone trying to promote multiculturalism.....

Old 11-24-2007, 09:50 PM

323 posts, read 740,852 times
I see only immigration laws from other countries posted. Obviously ours are not being obeyed. TF you quoted Mexico's immigration laws and illegal immigration laws on the Mexico forum. I say the USA just completely adopts these laws and enforce them the same as I here they enforce them on their sounthern borders.

They don't have an income, retirement etc they don't immigrate. Also no jobs, housing...No illegals.

Old 11-24-2007, 11:37 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,207,649 times
Originally Posted by macmeal
Quote:
I'm TRYING to do my part---I'm a citizen of a nation that sincerely tries to do good--and has done a HUGE part of the "good things" that people over the past few centuries have done for each other. In fact, my country was FOUNDED with the specific goal in mind of taking care of poor people of all backgrounds. My country is willing to do all this with no expectation of any gratitude. Many people have been allowed into my country, without even asking permission, and they aren't required to show any appreciation, unless they want to---and most do not. That makes us a pretty "charitable, caring" country, I think. (By the way, a little gratitude would certainly be NICE---it's just that we don't "require" it.)
If you claim America as your country let me ask you this: 'Do you believe that there can be justice on stolen lands'?

Quote:
Additionally, my country rises even FARTHER above the world's "norm", by willingly accepting about 95% of the world's BLAME. No matter who does what to whom, in any country around the world, usually it comes down to somehow being "our fault". Only because you see profit in it.
I wonder if your country would still have done the same if its economy is not as driven by oil or the military industries?

Originally Posted by SimpleMan
Quote:
Until you get the ENTIRE WORLD to think this way, it's never going to happen. Sounds good in theory, but reality is the way the world is now, greed, corruption, domination, etc. Good and evil exists everywhere, even in the after life, that's just the way it is.
So as long as you get what you want, you don't want change?
Or are you just 1 of those people who only accepts change when the majority changes first?

Originally Posted by Hawkeye48
Quote:
If a criminal is merely a product of his environment, who is then responsible for the environment poor people who often become criminal by necessity grow up in?
I mean its easy to talk with a belly full of food, a home entertainment system and a roof over your head.
Try obeying the law when you have absolutely nothing.
Even worse, when you have nothing to lose besides a life full of prolonged misery?

Originally Posted by macmeal
Quote:
We'd probably have to classify South Africa as a "draw", rather than a win or a loss....and it's DEFINITELY not a "showcase" for anyone trying to promote multiculturalism.....
True.
So you agree with me that the whites should have stayed out of Africa?
And the Americas?
And Asia?
And Australia?

Old 11-25-2007, 02:31 AM

323 posts, read 740,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by macmeal If you claim America as your country let me ask you this: 'Do you believe that there can be justice on stolen lands'?

I wonder if your country would still have done the same if its economy is not as driven by oil or the military industries? I wish it weren't. Someday I hope to have alternative power in my home. But other countries are besides the US.

Originally Posted by SimpleMan So as long as you get what you want, you don't want change?
Or are you just 1 of those people who only accepts change when the majority changes first?

Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 If a criminal is merely a product of his environment, who is then responsible for the environment poor people who often become criminal by necessity grow up in? Their government needs to address their own poor and crime not ship it out.
I mean its easy to talk with a belly full of food, a home entertainment system and a roof over your head. I don't have one.
Try obeying the law when you have absolutely nothing.
Even worse, when you have nothing to lose besides a life full of prolonged misery?

Originally Posted by macmeal True.
So you agree with me that the whites should have stayed out of Africa?yes
And the Americas?Yes
And Asia?Yes
And Australia?Yes
It's not a perfect world. The USA could be more self reliant but importing and making other countries happy with income seems to be our goverments main focus. As far as staying out of other countries. Whats done is done. We didn't do it. We live in the here and now.

Old 11-25-2007, 02:40 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,207,649 times
Originally Posted by Starwalker Fallen Angel
Quote:
I wish it weren't. Someday I hope to have alternative power in my home. But other countries are besides the US.
Might (as in numbers) makes right?
So, if most countries have legitimized raping & pillaging, every country should follow?

Quote:
Their government needs to address their own poor and crime not ship it out.
Do you believe that countries live in a vacuum? Nowadays it becomes clearer and clearer that we live in a global village were something in the East affects the West.

Quote:
We didn't do it. We live in the here and now.
True but you still have to deal with the concequences of your government's actions in the past (and present).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.