Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 03:40 PM

9,673 posts, read 9,959,456 times

Advertisements

Yes most changes in the bodies of animals where mutant cells are changed and they do not change for the better , but for the worst , which the body is more acceptable to illness then before .....as the theory of evolution is just that a theory never proved , ... Look at the Trilobite which reported to lived some 240 millions years ago and there where many variation of the animal which had a head body and a abdomen and eyes and legs , and through the fossil record never evolved from any previous form of animal ... So how did this animal evolve from nothing and into an animal with eye legs head , body and a abdomen ?.... That an easy one God is the missing link
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2013, 06:37 PM

33,510 posts, read 37,028,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Yes most changes in the bodies of animals where mutant cells are changed and they do not change for the better , but for the worst , which the body is more acceptable to illness then before .....as the theory of evolution is just that a theory never proved , ... Look at the Trilobite which reported to lived some 240 millions years ago and there where many variation of the animal which had a head body and a abdomen and eyes and legs , and through the fossil record never evolved from any previous form of animal ... So how did this animal evolve from nothing and into an animal with eye legs head , body and a abdomen ?.... That an easy one God is the missing link
Here is some of that evidence that you creationists say doesn't exist... Evolutionary trends in trilobites

Old 11-28-2013, 06:38 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,885,513 times
None are so blind as those that won't see.

The evidence for evolution is all around us.

Old 11-28-2013, 07:01 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,067,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
None are so blind as those that won't see.

The evidence for evolution is all around us.
But some folks can't seem to lift their eyes from a book and see life in action.

Old 11-29-2013, 12:40 AM

50,082 posts, read 20,551,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
No.

Human life is devalued for all the same reasons it always has been --- greed, selfishness, and fear.
Don't forget the other one - religion. Human life is regarded as cheap, grubby and worthless in order to make us long for a postulated next one.

Quote:
But one semantic nitpick: Evolution does not answer the question of human origins. It answers the question of the development of not just humanity, but all of the current lifeforms. But the origin of life is more in the realm of physics and philosophy.
You are right. Evolution theory does not answer human origins. In fact evolutionists often make a great show of saying 'abiogenesis is not part of evolution theory.' It isn't, because it is not yet proven. If and when it is, I am sure that it will be part of evolution theory. I won't rehearse the discoveries and hypothetical mechanisms that make abiogenesis at least plausible, while Goddunnit has no mechanism other than a wave of a magic wand. But the point is that, even if Abiogenesis was proven, the same argument would be put: 'Who decided that all that should happen?' So human origins is neither here nor there.

Quote:
Genesis is a great book that teaches Truth and is full of great drama, comedy, and profound insights on faith and humanity. But it's a theological work, not a scientific one. Genesis isn't a science book. It's a work of theology. Using Genesis as a scientific text would be like using Bob Dylan's "Blowin' in the Wind" to predict the weather.
I agree. It is a theological work, not a work of science. it teaches faith. I have no issue with anyone seeing it as a faith book. I would not even have looked in here if someone had posted what a great book on Faith it was.

It is only when Evolution theory is needlessly attacked by those who clearly do not understand it that I feel that I have to put in my 2c worth. Have a nice day everyone.

Old 11-29-2013, 12:55 AM

50,082 posts, read 20,551,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Here is some of that evidence that you creationists say doesn't exist... Evolutionary trends in trilobites
That's a good find. Perhaps this one is even more relevant.

Origins of Trilobites

The fact is that there are museums -full of the fossil record of the earliest pre-cambrian creatures which are little more than groups of cells. The huge proliferation of life -forms in the empty Cambrian seas (the 'Cambrian explosion' as it is called) is well documented, and the links on the origins of trilobites gives the evidence for just one very successful family.

It must be observed that yet again, the creationist is asking 'what about this, then?' or 'How do you explain that?' There is a stack of supporting evidence and we are being asked this detail or that. These are at best remaining questions and problems in a fact that is demonstrated. Evolution over millions of years is amply supported by evidence.

I say again that the whole creationist case rests on this futile nit -picking, in hopes to bring the whole evolutionary theory crashing down, rather than putting forward any evidence for Creation.

Even Michael Behe, who made the best effort to put a case for creation forward still only could produce no evidence for creation, but only argue that evolution cannot be true, or at least can only work with input from a miracle -working god, because species cannot function during change until the evolved feature is fully developed.

As I say, only another fault -finding with evolution, though the best effort I have seen. It was shown to be poor science, wrong and no argument at all, but a nice try, all the same.

Old 11-29-2013, 04:08 AM

32,530 posts, read 21,916,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
That's a good find. Perhaps this one is even more relevant.

Origins of Trilobites

The fact is that there are museums -full of the fossil record of the earliest pre-cambrian creatures which are little more than groups of cells. The huge proliferation of life -forms in the empty Cambrian seas (the 'Cambrian explosion' as it is called) is well documented, and the links on the origins of trilobites gives the evidence for just one very successful family.

It must be observed that yet again, the creationist is asking 'what about this, then?' or 'How do you explain that?' There is a stack of supporting evidence and we are being asked this detail or that. These are at best remaining questions and problems in a fact that is demonstrated. Evolution over millions of years is amply supported by evidence.

I say again that the whole creationist case rests on this futile nit -picking, in hopes to bring the whole evolutionary theory crashing down, rather than putting forward any evidence for Creation.

Even Michael Behe, who made the best effort to put a case for creation forward still only could produce no evidence for creation, but only argue that evolution cannot be true, or at least can only work with input from a miracle -working god, because species cannot function during change until the evolved feature is fully developed.

As I say, only another fault -finding with evolution, though the best effort I have seen. It was shown to be poor science, wrong and no argument at all, but a nice try, all the same.

Why have we stopped evolving?...

Old 11-29-2013, 04:19 AM

32,530 posts, read 21,916,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
I can only suggest that anyone interested in coming to sound conclusions rather than soundbites to prop up Bible - literalist Faith, look at the arguments on both sides. They will soon find that the Creationists have NO sound evidence - None.

All they have in objections to evolution theory, and every single objection they raised turned out to be overdrawn, a misunderstanding or just plain wrong.

Now, I know that it seems to common sense unlikely that such a thing could happen that biochemicals could evolve into plants, animals and eventually us, but the fact is that astonishing things have turned out to be true. The evidence is that we did evolve over millions of years. And while I am aware that lock down examples of an inter -species change - say cats developing gliding membranes (1) are lacking and the evolutionary adaptations we see (developments of immunities is a common one) are more in the nature of 'Micro -evolution' (as it is called), the evidence is that, over hundreds of thousands of years, let alone millions, evolution did happen. The cumulative changes become so great that the creature looks different and the divergent families cannot interbreed. They become a 'different species'.

I have asked before for some good scientific evidence for creation - not objections to evolution, but FOR Creation. and have never had any. I have had to look for myself on Creationist websites, and I found desperately little. Note, 'The Bible says so' is not evidence.

(1) though the Creationists would just say 'That's just change, not evolution - they are still cats.'

Why has evolution ceased?...

Old 11-29-2013, 05:44 AM

17,574 posts, read 46,036,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post

It's taught so aggressively and believed blindly by many
Are you talking about religion? That explains it perfectly.

Old 11-29-2013, 06:33 AM

2,838 posts, read 3,487,972 times
"During the months that have passed since that September morning some have asked me what understanding of Nature one shapes from so strange a year? I would answer that one’s first appreciation is a sense that creation is still going on, that the creative forces are as great and as active to-day as they have ever been, and that to-morrow’s morning will be as heroic as any of the world. Creation is here and now. So near is man to the creative pageant, so much a part is he of the endless and incredible experiment, that any glimpse he may have will be but the revelation of a moment, a solitary note in a symphony thundering through debatable existences of time. Poetry is as necessary to comprehension as science. It is impossible to live without reverence as it is without joy."

- Henry Beston, The Outermost House (1928)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality