Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 06:47 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,975,677 times

Advertisements

I've never seen anyone work so hard to cram so much into so little.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 08:14 PM

794 posts, read 1,405,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupid dave View Post
Right,...

... all the waters under heaven "TOGETHER," in ONE place...

There WERE seven long Cosmic"days" since that Big Bang, which we call the geological Eras.

1. Formative/Cosmologic Era-Hadean Era/ = First Day

(This was a 9 billion year long duration until the formless matter ofthe Earth appeared and gradually record the History of the Earth in these rock layers):

2.Hadean Era-Archaean Era/ = Second Day

3.Archaean Era-Proterozoic Era/ = Third Day

4.Proterozoic Era-Paleozoic Era/ = Fourth Day

5.Paleozoic Era-Mesozoic Era/ = Fifth Day

6.Mesozoic Era-Cenozoic Era/ = Six Day

7.Cenozoic Era-Common Era/ = Seventh Day
Were you intending to post just one of those, then accidentally posted both? Because if you want something to be the seven days of the bible, you'll have to pick just one.

Old 12-07-2013, 04:15 AM

50,083 posts, read 20,582,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupid dave View Post
3. The Neo-archean evening of the Archaean Era-

… and the Paleo-proterozoic morning of theProterozoic Era/ = Third Day

[
The thing is that with the couple of sentences of genesis, it is easy to find a few hits in the very early stages of earth formation, while ignoring the misses of the totally wrong cosmology - day and night before there were heavenly bodies. I have explained that God would know, even if humans (who hadn't appeared yet) had their view obscured by clouds of toxic gas. Also I do find it hard to detect any correlation between your pretty era charts and Genesis.

At least we have shifted the dry land from Pangaea to the earlier Rodinia, and as my explanation showed, the eras afterwards don't really fit your genesis 'days'.

I suppose that I have to mention that I don't mind if you believe that genesis is literally correct. Presumably the idea is to convince me. So far your evidence would convince only believers who already firmly believed it, because it requires a lot of imaginative hits -counting and a huge amount of overlooking of 'misses'.

Old 12-07-2013, 06:30 AM

1,114 posts, read 1,220,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Do you think the teaching of evolution as the origin of life (evolving from a single cell) has led to the subconscious devaluing of human life?

It's taught so aggressively and believed blindly by many, there seems to be a malevolent supernatural influence.

I'm listening to a study and wondering if there are any other young earth creationists who find people dismissing your beliefs and holding tightly to evolution like doctrine.
I think the only place they are teaching about evolution as the "origin of life" is in religious schools, as only theists believe that this is what evolution is about.

Old 12-07-2013, 06:58 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,876,103 times
Quote:
It's taught so aggressively and believed blindly by many,
I think you are actually serious.

Old 12-07-2013, 07:50 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,787,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
It's a cottage industry.

Old 12-07-2013, 11:23 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,307,929 times
Quote:
Third Day plant life
4.Proterozoic Era-Paleozoic Era/Pannotia, 600 m years ago. sea animals, fishes, reptiles, =
Fourth Day Sun and moon.
5.Paleozoic Era-Mesozoic Era/ Pangaea 300 m yrs ago).
So essentially what you would have us believe is that, for 300 million years, plants, fishes, reptiles, and sea animals existed with no sunlight?

For 300 million years, the climate remained absolutely stable despite the fact that there was no moon to stablize the earth's spin?

Let me guess. More god-magic?

Old 12-07-2013, 12:25 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
It's hard to make BS smell good

Old 12-13-2013, 08:17 AM

25,956 posts, read 24,675,783 times
Quote:
Do you think the teaching of evolution as the origin of life (evolving from a single cell) has led to the subconscious devaluing of human life?

It's taught so aggressively and believed blindly by many, there seems to be a malevolent supernatural influence.

I'm listening to a study and wondering if there are any other young earth creationists who find people dismissing your beliefs and holding tightly to evolution like doctrine.
Just read about an interesting study: Researchers analysed the DNA of weird, ancient microbes living all over the world. They live under extreme conditions several miles down under our feet and under the ocean floor, not moving at all, locked in place by the material surrounding them, totally sealed off from our world.
Their metabolism is so slow that they only reproduce every 500 years or so, by dividing, i.e. there is no genetic recombination like with sexual reproduction.

The amazing thing is, they are genetically basically the same all over the world. Researchers think that those microbes might be a key to solving early life on Earth as all those microbes around the world must have come from the same origin, long before there were continents etc.

Old 12-13-2013, 08:36 AM

33,513 posts, read 37,057,177 times
Another new discovery....A research team at the University of Washington has discovered a second code hidden within the DNA, written on top of the other. Second Code Uncovered Inside the DNA | TIME.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality