Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 11:12 PM

204 posts, read 351,058 times

Advertisements

How do children turn into terrorists?

MEMRI- Al-Qaeda in Syrian School- Infidels Must Be Slaughtered Obama World Leaders Are Infidels - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2013, 11:27 PM

5,349 posts, read 5,123,798 times
Someone needs to go tell these losers that Islam, and therefore Allah, is hated the world over because what they have done in his name.

Old 11-30-2013, 12:56 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,066,949 times
Interesting video. Although my hearing is too poor to adequately hear the Arabic I did catch a few of the Arabic words. The English translation seems to be a bit more radical than the Arabic.

I did notice that he seems to be saying Kafirun or Kafir which is being translated as infidel. Infidel is an English concept. An exact word for infidel does not exist in Arabic no matter what the 1930's era Rudolph Valentino movies taught us. A More accurate translation of kafir is "Non-Muslim".

Kafir is a person person who does not perform the act of Islam. Muslim is the noun describing a person who performs the act of Islam. Therefore the best translation is "Non-Muslim"

I am not able to catch what word is being translated to slaughter. But the Arabic word for slaughter is: "Thabih" I do not hear that. but my hearing is very poor. also about the only spoken Arabic I can understand is the Darija dialect. And this person is not speaking the Darija. Darija is quite distinct with the frequent use of an Emphatic Ka before nearly every verb. Hard to miss that Ka even with my poor hearing. But I am quite certain the person is not using the word Thabih. I turned the volume all the way up and replayed the video several times to see if I could detect it.

Overall I do not find the Arabic to be as radical as the Translation. Hopefully an Arabic speaker with better hearing than me may be able to point out the differences between the Arabic and the Translation.

But on a side note. I dislike al-Qaeda being in Syria. The Majority of the actual Syrian Rebels seem to have left Syria and are now in refugee camps along with several hundred thousand other Syrians. The Current Fighters do not seem to be Syrian. From some Arabic sites I visit I notice posters from Syria mentioning the Fighters do not speak the Syrian dialect and many do not even speak Arabic.

Old 11-30-2013, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
Someone needs to go tell these losers that Islam, and therefore Allah, is hated the world over because what they have done in his name.
I do agree with you Muslims and Allaah(swt) are hated the world over and often quite vehemently. I've experienced it in life and on various forums. but, overall I still believe that the majority of people are good and do not succumb to blind hatred. I shrug off the haters with an understanding that they are only reacting to what the media depicts.

Old 11-30-2013, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Interesting video. Although my hearing is too poor to adequately hear the Arabic I did catch a few of the Arabic words. The English translation seems to be a bit more radical than the Arabic.

I did notice that he seems to be saying Kafirun or Kafir which is being translated as infidel. Infidel is an English concept. An exact word for infidel does not exist in Arabic no matter what the 1930's era Rudolph Valentino movies taught us. A More accurate translation of kafir is "Non-Muslim".

Kafir is a person person who does not perform the act of Islam. Muslim is the noun describing a person who performs the act of Islam. Therefore the best translation is "Non-Muslim"

I am not able to catch what word is being translated to slaughter. But the Arabic word for slaughter is: "Thabih" I do not hear that. but my hearing is very poor. also about the only spoken Arabic I can understand is the Darija dialect. And this person is not speaking the Darija. Darija is quite distinct with the frequent use of an Emphatic Ka before nearly every verb. Hard to miss that Ka even with my poor hearing. But I am quite certain the person is not using the word Thabih. I turned the volume all the way up and replayed the video several times to see if I could detect it.

Overall I do not find the Arabic to be as radical as the Translation. Hopefully an Arabic speaker with better hearing than me may be able to point out the differences between the Arabic and the Translation.

But on a side note. I dislike al-Qaeda being in Syria. The Majority of the actual Syrian Rebels seem to have left Syria and are now in refugee camps along with several hundred thousand other Syrians. The Current Fighters do not seem to be Syrian. From some Arabic sites I visit I notice posters from Syria mentioning the Fighters do not speak the Syrian dialect and many do not even speak Arabic.
I can understand what they were saying despite my Arabic not being the greatest, the errors I caught out were the translators use of like instead of love. Instead of it translated as 'Who loves Bashar it was translated as 'Who likes Bashar. The slaughter part was correct also

Quote:
I do agree with you Muslims and Allaah(swt) are hated the world over and often quite vehemently. I've experienced it in life and on various forums. but, overall I still believe that the majority of people are good and do not succumb to blind hatred. I shrug off the haters with an understanding that they are only reacting to what the media depicts.
No, you missed understood what the guy said nobody hates Muslims. People hate the religion of Islam and the people it creates such as the people in the video

Old 11-30-2013, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkong30 View Post
I can understand what they were saying despite my Arabic not being the greatest, the errors I caught out were the translators use of like instead of love. Instead of it translated as 'Who loves Bashar it was translated as 'Who likes Bashar. The slaughter part was correct also
My hearing is not good enough. I ffel I know you well enough to know you are honest and sincere. so I thank you for your input.

Quote:
No, you missed understood what the guy said nobody hates Muslims. People hate the religion of Islam and the people it creates such as the people in the video
Sadly there are people who take their hatred of Islam out on Muslims. Even here in the USA. Although there are less than 10 million Muslims in the USA (Some sources say 2 Million) there have been quite a few Assaults physically or verbally against Muslims.

I think nearly all of us have experienced hatred from non-Muslims here in the USA. Although to be honest, my wife gets more abuse for being Native American than for being Muslim.

Granted this report is biased. As all news reports are. To get the full picture one does need to look at all views. but here is from a Muslim's perspective:

Quote:
Anti-Muslim violence spiralling out of control in America
Sen was pushed to death by a woman who "hated Muslims", as anti-Muslim bigotry in the US sinks to violent new depths.

SOURCE

Old 11-30-2013, 03:46 AM

Quote:
My hearing is not good enough. I ffel I know you well enough to know you are honest and sincere. so I thank you for your input.

Sadly there are people who take their hatred of Islam out on Muslims. Even here in the USA. Although there are less than 10 million Muslims in the USA (Some sources say 2 Million) there have been quite a few Assaults physically or verbally against Muslims.

I think nearly all of us have experienced hatred from non-Muslims here in the USA. Although to be honest, my wife gets more abuse for being Native American than for being Muslim.

Granted this report is biased. As all news reports are. To get the full picture one does need to look at all views. but here is from a Muslim's perspective:

SOURCE
Does Allah hate non believers?

Old 11-30-2013, 06:40 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,690,341 times
Quote:

SOURCE
It seems that you are justifying the indoctrination of hatred in this video by pointing out the hatred of Muslims by a select few.

Old 11-30-2013, 07:25 AM

1,114 posts, read 1,223,507 times
What? Serving other gods or even enticing one to do so, is not worthy of death?
"If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you ... Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die." -- Dt.13:6-10

Deuteronomy 17"If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die."

"They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman." (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

"Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

"If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him." (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

Old 11-30-2013, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Does Allah hate non believers?
I do not believe Human emotions are applicable to Allaah(swt). Love and Hate are human concepts. I can not speak for anyone but myself.

Like all Arabic words the word Khariya has a very deep range of meanings. I think that word is used to give a human concept of the result of rejecting the Creator.

I also think that one can not deliberately disbelieve without having first believed. In other words kafir has to be a knowing act to be of deliberate rejection. The result being one will reap that which one has sowed.

As we will not be punished for that which we have not had the opportunity to know. I do not believe this is applicable to the non-believer who does not believe out of ignorance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality