Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2013, 03:00 PM

650 posts, read 513,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
"Within reason". Who's reason? Mine? yours? the guy down the street? Some people find it reasonable to lock children in cages and starve them. I don't find that reasonable. Do you?

Is "within reason" a voted on thing?

Also "within reason" is not absolute, as in absolute morality. It adds exceptions, and absolutes do not allow for exceptions.
thats silly, nobody can argue away the absolute value of reason, all your doing is disqualifying the reasoning used in whatever logic.

Old 12-04-2013, 03:00 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,183,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Because you can't say anything else you have no other recourse except assertions.

Whatever your response to SH has nothing to do with the numerous other questions and points people have made in which you have ignored or assumed certain things in answering.

We don't have to disprove your metaphysical assertions - the burden of proof is on you.
Just go back and read what I've written. I've repeatedly asked you and the others on this thread to explain how your system of morality (whatever one you claim to use) is capable of judging God or anyone else. You have yet to tell me.

Please. I'm begging you. Tell me.

Old 12-04-2013, 03:03 PM

212 posts, read 258,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
But He created us in His image.
He teaches us morality.
We are His children.

Do you teach your children a morality BELOW the one you subscribe to??? Why would God do that? What is the point of teaching us a morality He does not Himself adhere to???

What moral rule did Jesus (god) not also obey?

Old 12-04-2013, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Just go back and read what I've written. I've repeatedly asked you and the others on this thread to explain how your system of morality (whatever one you claim to use) is capable of judging God or anyone else. You have yet to tell me.

?

Hebrews 4:15
For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Old 12-04-2013, 03:06 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:

So now you ignoring these points and retreating to your previous points. Ok!

I have read them - you should go back and read my posts (#169 and #194). I gave responses and answers. Maybe you should keep up with the thread.

But note this: Your questions were after the ones I ask you - you have yet to demonstrate that these objective moral values exist in a meta-being called YHWH nor that they are somehow our moral sentiments.

Have some integrity and intellectual honesty and answer other people's questions first before you answer with a question yourself - this tactic of yours is what people have been complaining about ever since you started posting.

Old 12-04-2013, 03:11 PM

Quote:

But note this: Your questions were after the ones I ask you - you have yet to demonstrate that these objective moral values exist in a meta-being called YHWH nor that they are somehow our moral sentiments.

But they did exist in his son?????

Trinity was the explicit example of His rules being followed to the nth in 32AD????

Old 12-04-2013, 03:12 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,183,566 times
Quote:
So now you ignoring these points and retreating to your previous points. Ok!

I have read them - you should go back and read my posts (#169 and #194). I gave responses and answers. Maybe you should keep up with the thread.

Have some integrity and intellectual honesty and answer other people's questions first before you answer with a question yourself - this tactic of yours is what people have been complaining about ever since you started posting.
This thread is about Sam Harris and others having the nerve to attempt to judge God. I challenge you and anyone else here to tell me your standard of morality that gives you the right to do so. Please just answer the stupid question. Can you?

The only answer you've given me is some silly subjective morality answer. It's entirely based on your opinion. Unfortunately, that's not objective, and is not authoritative.

Old 12-04-2013, 03:17 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
This thread is about Sam Harris and others having the nerve to attempt to judge God. I challenge you and anyone else here to tell me your standard of morality that gives you the right to do so. Please just answer the stupid question. Can you?

The only answer you've given me is some silly subjective morality answer. It's entirely based on your opinion. Unfortunately, that's not objective, and is not authoritative.
Did I not just say in the post you quoted that I did answer it - go and freaking read it. I told you numerous times the source of morality and so have many others.

Old 12-04-2013, 03:17 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,172,280 times
Quote:

According to you.

Old 12-04-2013, 03:19 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
The irony of this is so funny!

All your answers are also subjective They are after all your answers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality