Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2013, 01:24 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I'm not the one that started a thread claiming to be able to judge God. I'm only asking those that side with the OP how they can come to the position they hold.
And they told you a thousand times.

Old 12-05-2013, 01:25 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
It's obvious he's not going to.

He's got a track record of ducking, weaving and side stepping that would make a junior lightweight in the ring with Ali jealous.
I'm not going to reply to the repeated baiting attempts to drag the conversation off topic. If you don't like it, you're not obligated to post here.

Old 12-05-2013, 01:26 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
And they told you a thousand times.
You're right. The only answer you and the rest have is that you simply don't like it. Your opinion is that it's bad, so that's that. That's a lame response and holds no authority.

Old 12-05-2013, 01:26 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
It's obvious he's not going to.

He's got a track record of ducking, weaving and side stepping that would make a junior lightweight in the ring with Ali jealous.
Whatever problem we have, and I don't think we do, he has the burden to show how he knows God is good and by what standard is he, as a subjective creature, able to discern a metaphysical beings moral sentiments as being good let alone demonstrate that this being even exists - he does not know it but his burden is massively greater than can be met.

Old 12-05-2013, 01:30 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
You're right. The only answer you and the rest have is that you simply don't like it. Your opinion is that it's bad, so that's that. That's a lame response and holds no authority.
This is completely dishonest - that you would take our thoughtful and oft detailed responses and reduce them to this level of examination. I think you frankly are in over your intellectual head. Your are being obstinate, repetitive, dishonest, and frankly unable to discern the massive burden and logical fallacy that you have fallen into.

Old 12-05-2013, 01:31 PM

10,531 posts, read 6,165,986 times
Vizio we seem to have entered into the realms of the surreal, the absurd and frankly quite disturbed.

In comparing two systems, the first one based on empathy where you consider the feelings of your fellow human beings before acting and base your judgements on whether you would like or dislike the same treatment, and a second system where you can commit the most heinous and horrific crimes imaginable, act in any way you please and get rewarded just because you asked for forgiveness afterwards.

And then you in all honesty ask me the question:
"How do you know your system is best?"

It's obvious which system is best.
If you honestly can't tell which of these systems is best then I don't know what else to say.

Old 12-05-2013, 01:34 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Vizio we seem to have entered into the realms of the surreal, the absurd and frankly quite disturbed.

In comparing two systems, the first one based on empathy where you consider the feelings of your fellow human beings before acting and base your judgements on whether you would like or dislike the same treatment, and a second system where you can commit the most heinous and horrific crimes imaginable, act in any way you please and get rewarded just because you asked for forgiveness afterwards.

And then you in all honesty ask me the question:
"How do you know your system is best?"

It's obvious which system is best.
If you honestly can't tell which of these systems is best then I don't know what else to say.
It's the height of irony and blindness.

Old 12-05-2013, 01:35 PM

19,999 posts, read 13,480,828 times
Quote:
This is the point in the thread where I realize you guys have no common sense and logic. To suggest a creator has no dominion over his creation is lunacy. It's pointless to even attempt to argue with this sort of "logic".
A creator would be definition have dominion over its creation. But that isn't the point he was making. The point was that being a creator does not confer "legitimacy".

To borrow from a favorite theist example: Stalin had hegemony over his people but that didn't mean that how he used that power was ethical or moral.

Old 12-05-2013, 01:38 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
What a colossal crock....Who did this to you? I've heard of cult programming, but I've never seen a case so severe as yours....Your questions have been answered multiple times by several different members, and not one of them said "because I don't like it"... Your dishonesty is insulting....

Old 12-05-2013, 01:38 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
A creator would be definition have dominion over its creation. But that isn't the point he was making. The point was that being a creator does not confer "legitimacy".

To borrow from a favorite theist example: Stalin had hegemony over his people but that didn't mean that how he used that power was ethical or moral.
I pretty much told him the same but he responded that God gets to say what is right or wrong because he is the creator - that's a sad bases for morality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality