Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 12:09 PM

758 posts, read 847,181 times

Advertisements

It is interesting that God so loved the world; Yet Jesus refused to pray for the world.

I pray not for the world Jesus said in John 17. I pray for those that thou hast given me! He said it seven times.

Still people are totally clueless ! (sigh).

Old 03-06-2014, 12:27 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkutuq View Post
It is interesting that God so loved the world; Yet Jesus refused to pray for the world.

I pray not for the world Jesus said in John 17. I pray for those that thou hast given me! He said it seven times.

Still people are totally clueless ! (sigh).
But that was when Jesus was only sent "but to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."
Later He told Paul to tell everyone to pray for all mankind for God will have all mankind to be saved.

Old 03-07-2014, 12:54 AM

758 posts, read 847,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Thus we see the hypocrisy of Christianity:

Your neighbor down the road has a farm. On this farm he has built a great bon fire. He comes to your house, knocks on your door, your little child answers and He says: Hi, I'm Jesus, your neighbor. Do you love me? If you don't I will have to take you to my farm and burn you alive and keep you alive as I burn you. So, how about it. Do you love me? The parents, with angst in their voices are telling the child: "Honey, just tell Him you love Him." The little child is shocked that such an evil person is talking to him/her. The child says he can't love such a person so He grabs the child by the wrist, drags the child down the road as the parents yell from their front door "Honey, we tried to tell you but you wouldn't listen!", binds him up real well and hoists him above the fire and he screams in torment. The parents hear the screams of their child night and day. They walk by the neighborn's farm every day singing songs to this Jesus, but don't want to make waves because this might happen to them too.
Their neighbor comes back, knocks on the door and the parents answer the door. Hi I'm Jesus your neighbor. Do you love me? If you don't, I'll take you and do to you what I did to your child. Oh WE LOVE YOU JESUS! WE WANT TO LIVE WITH YOU FOR EVER AND EVER! YOU ARE SO WARM AND LOVING!

Do you see the hypocrisy?

I am so glad my Jesus is not like that. And neither is my God. My God loves all mankind and eventually will save all mankind, not eternally roast them.
Except that is not what the bible teaches...

It teaches very plainly For God so Loved the World Yes you got that part right. Then you go off into outer space with some teaching that is not even biblical.

Our Lords Prayer; John chapter 17. Jesus clearly says again and again. I PRAY NOT FOR THE WORLD

I PRAY for those.. That you have given me!

Stick to the "script " ... .. Don't change the story!! Now put 1+ 1 together and get back on track.

Old 03-07-2014, 01:30 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkutuq View Post
Except that is not what the bible teaches...

It teaches very plainly For God so Loved the World Yes you got that part right. Then you go off into outer space with some teaching that is not even biblical.

Our Lords Prayer; John chapter 17. Jesus clearly says again and again. I PRAY NOT FOR THE WORLD

I PRAY for those.. That you have given me!

Stick to the "script " ... .. Don't change the story!! Now put 1+ 1 together and get back on track.
I love a good fundie fight.

Old 03-09-2014, 12:11 PM

889 posts, read 825,080 times
The hopelessness of atheism.

Old 03-09-2014, 12:49 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodToBeHome View Post
The hopelessness of atheism.
The smug judgmentalism of certain religious types.

Old 03-09-2014, 01:21 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,614,742 times
Quote:
The smug judgmentalism of certain religious types.
I saw Cardinal Timothy Dolan today being interviewed on religious and secular matters. He spoke to it and believed that, in the Church's case, it accepted that it needs to be more cognizant of the discord cropping up between the secular and the Church. It will not be easy but the community has to try to come to grips with it in some way isnce it has implications for both the Church and society and culture itself.

Old 03-09-2014, 01:28 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
You have that wrong. The fact is, in our natural states, none of us love God and we are all at war with him. Christ loves us so much that he chose to die for some and redeem them.
Jesus plainly said in John 6:44

Quote:
No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him:
The words are indisputable. It is the Father which draws people to Jesus. The ball is clearly in God's court. If people don't come to Jesus the responsibility lies solely with God. This puts the lie to the idea that man has "free will". He does not. This is plainly evident by the fact that the "drawing" to Jesus God extends to man is "irresistible", hence "irresistible grace" (the "I" in TULIP"--meaning man cannot possibly resist the power God exercises over an individual's will to resist Him.

Clearly, according to the Bible, the inerrant Word of God, if a man does not come to Jesus it is God the Father's fault. He chose NOT to draw that individual.

Old 03-09-2014, 04:00 PM

5,901 posts, read 3,789,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Jesus plainly said in John 6:44

The words are indisputable. It is the Father which draws people to Jesus. The ball is clearly in God's court. If people don't come to Jesus the responsibility lies solely with God. This puts the lie to the idea that man has "free will". He does not. This is plainly evident by the fact that the "drawing" to Jesus God extends to man is "irresistible", hence "irresistible grace" (the "I" in TULIP"--meaning man cannot possibly resist the power God exercises over an individual's will to resist Him.

Clearly, according to the Bible, the inerrant Word of God, if a man does not come to Jesus it is God the Father's fault. He chose NOT to draw that individual.
Exactly and this really brings home Eusebius' point......you're just screwed if god created you and then decides not to draw you into the fold. Burn in hell for all eternity you will no matter what you did or didn't do and no amount of worship can change that. I don't believe in any of it of course but the UR approach certainly makes god look better.

Old 03-09-2014, 04:12 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,937,844 times
Vizio you come across as a Calvinist with the predestination, correct me if I am wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality