Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 12:28 PM

27 posts, read 26,071 times

Advertisements

Read: Could Argentina's Repulsive Pro-Abortion Protests Come to the United States? - Peter Roff (usnews.com)

Moderator cut: deleted

They "spray-painted the men's crotches and faces and swastikas on their chests and foreheads, using markers to paint their faces with Hitler-like moustaches. They also performed obscene sexual acts in front of them and pushed their breasts onto their faces, all the while shouting 'get your rosaries out of our ovaries.'" As a final act of rebellion, they burned an effigy of Pope Francis I, formerly the head of the church in Argentina's capital city of Buenos Aires and the first Latin American to sit on the throne of the Apostle Peter.

I truly am at a loss. I am the last person to believe in demonic possessions, but how is it otherwise possible that human beings can, of their own mind and will, act in such a manner? How can such a thing be? I've seen frenzied riots, chaotic protests out of anger, but this....what in the hell - literally?

Last edited by june 7th; 12-10-2013 at 01:25 PM.. Reason: Video is too graphic. Per the TOS, posts need to be within the realms of "PG-13." Deletion doesn't alter OP.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:53 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,069,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayBlue View Post
Read: Could Argentina's Repulsive Pro-Abortion Protests Come to the United States? - Peter Roff (usnews.com)

Moderator cut: Orphaned

They "spray-painted the men's crotches and faces and swastikas on their chests and foreheads, using markers to paint their faces with Hitler-like moustaches. They also performed obscene sexual acts in front of them and pushed their breasts onto their faces, all the while shouting 'get your rosaries out of our ovaries.'" As a final act of rebellion, they burned an effigy of Pope Francis I, formerly the head of the church in Argentina's capital city of Buenos Aires and the first Latin American to sit on the throne of the Apostle Peter.

I truly am at a loss. I am the last person to believe in demonic possessions, but how is it otherwise possible that human beings can, of their own mind and will, act in such a manner? How can such a thing be? I've seen frenzied riots, chaotic protests out of anger, but this....what in the hell - literally?
I guess you aren't old enough to remember Chicago in '68 or some of the civil rights marches in the mid-60s, or Watts or umpteen others where people were brutally beaten.

Admittedly, I don't understand Spanish, so have no idea what manner of things they may have been chanting but IMO being spray-painted by bare-breasted women is several steps up the acceptable ladder from bashing in heads with batons.

Last edited by june 7th; 12-10-2013 at 01:23 PM..

Old 12-10-2013, 01:09 PM

17,574 posts, read 46,038,935 times
I don't condone physical violence at all. I can't imagine much of what they were doing would work in the US. You can't spray paint people (certainly not their face), you can't spit on people and you probably can't run around naked performing sex acts.

That being said, you can find some pretty disgusting photos if you google "abortion protests" and read stories of how women are harassed at abortion clinics.

Old 12-10-2013, 01:31 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,064,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I guess you aren't old enough to remember Chicago in '68 or some of the civil rights marches in the mid-60s, or Watts or umpteen others where people were brutally beaten.

Admittedly, I don't understand Spanish, so have no idea what manner of things they may have been chanting but IMO being spray-painted by bare-breasted women is several steps up the acceptable ladder from bashing in heads with batons.
Careful there. I mentioned that in one of the other threads about this protest and was called a commie for my efforts.

It's quite amazing: In the 60's groups of student ringing the administration building of an American university to peacefully protest the draft and the war in Vietnam were considered a threat to America by the religious right. Conservatives hated students who did exactly what that group of men did. (And yes, students were beaten during peaceful sit-ins and marches. As were Civil Rights marchers.)

Apparently it's only wrong if the other side is doing it.

Old 12-10-2013, 03:55 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,956,889 times
Some men pay good money to get treated to bare breast and abuse. Some call it protest, others call it a lap dance.

Old 12-10-2013, 05:56 PM

328 posts, read 465,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Some men pay good money to get treated to bare breast and abuse. Some call it protest, others call it a lap dance.
Now that's funny right there.

Old 12-10-2013, 06:33 PM

27 posts, read 26,071 times
...wow.

Old 12-10-2013, 06:35 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,146,479 times
Assault is a serious crime, but sometimes it happens when trying to change society and laws. Thankfully it sounds like no one was seriously hurt.

Old 12-10-2013, 06:39 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,018,310 times
Their behavior was way across the line from what would be viewed as acceptable protest in the US. The Argentine Catholic Church must have done something awful to get them this crazy.

Old 12-10-2013, 06:40 PM

328 posts, read 465,243 times
I'd say fundamental human rights violations are enough to go ham over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality