Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 04:33 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,137,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Know Nonsense View Post
Just wondering if any one else has met people that call themselves "atheists". Do they seem like genuine and sincerely honest people to you? There are plenty of people who call themselves "Christians" that are unhappy and miserable too but they are not really yet Christian in heart and have a little ways to go.
I would say most atheists seem unhappy to you because they've had to deal with you.

Old 12-11-2013, 04:35 PM

7,725 posts, read 12,620,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
What I mean is that Christianity is about the fact that Jesus died on a cross as an atoniing sacrifice to pay the penalty for my sin in order to appease the wrath of an angry God. If we trust in Jesus, we will be with God in heaven someday.
God is not wrathful or angry. He sent Jesus as a way for us to get into Heaven because when Lucifer and the fallen angels left their abode by their own will and choice and went against God, sin was created and entered into the kingdom. Once God rebuked and sent them all to Hell, sin was never allowed into the kingdom again. God sent Jesus down to Earth as a way for us to get into Heaven. That's why you need his blood sacrifice. Not to appease his wrath.

Last edited by allenk893; 12-11-2013 at 04:44 PM..

Old 12-11-2013, 04:39 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,261,432 times
I find myself wondering how many atheists the OP has actually met -- that is, what's the sample size? Hard to generalize if it's just a few. Since there are SO MANY of us non-believers, most generalizations don't make sense.

Old 12-11-2013, 04:55 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
God is not wrathful or angry. He sent Jesus as a way for us to get into Heaven because when Lucifer and the fallen angels left their abode by their own will and choice and went against God, sin was created and entered into the kingdom. Once God rebuked and sent them all to Hell, sin was never allowed into the kingdom again. God sent Jesus down to Earth as a way for us to get into Heaven. That's why you need his blood sacrifice. Not to appease his wrath.
Let me see if I'm grasping this correctly:

Because somebody else ticked God off, he decided the only way to fix the situation was to send his son to be tortured to death?

And this God can do anything he wants merely by thinking it into being?

And what his almighty brain came up with was: "I know! I'll have Jesus get tortured and killed! That'll teach Satan and all those other disobedient angels a lesson!"

You're right, he's not wrathful or angry.

Nor is he real bright.

Old 12-11-2013, 05:09 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
There is very little real debate or respectful discussion in this thread.

A whole lot of baiting and insulting each other though is reason to close the door
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality