Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 03:54 PM

5,355 posts, read 5,132,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael17 View Post
My god?
The god of the old testament is not my god,
I despise Yahweh with righteous anger because of the evil he has wrought on this world.

My goddess is the All-Fire who revealed herself to me through divine revelation, she is the true father of Christ the force of good which radiates through out all of creation.
Yahweh is not the true leader of heaven, in my beliefs his true identity is the fallen angel Samael. Samael is the force of evil in our world and made himself such when he rebelled against his mother/father the All-Fire.

The All-Fire has made attempts to communicate with mankind in the past some times as a voice, a man, a woman, through prophets and inspiration. The good which can be found in scripture comes from her, but when the hearts of men turn to wickedness they are cut off from her revelations and instead Samael whispers in their ear in her place. It is for this reason and many others that I say that scriptures are not perfect and should not be treated as such. While she inspires people to do good, he inspires people to do evil. This is a battle raging across time for the souls of mankind, a spiritual battle that shall last until Christs return.
I love people who have non cookie cutter ideas like these! Anyways, so is there a dualistic spiritual world, where there is a good force and an evil force then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2013, 04:28 PM

670 posts, read 815,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
What we now need to do is find a way to deliver the net on a low-cost basis to those in underdeveloped nations. People won't need to leave their homes and travel long distances for school, especially for higher learning. The world's knowledge should be at the world's fingertips. I hope it is so in my children's children's lifetime.
I agree with that.

I think our school systems should implement classes that teach good manners, behavior and how to respect people whether they be online or offline. One thing I respect about most Asian cultures is how they respect each other, western peoples could learn a lot from them. To me the internet is an extension of public communication, venting angry feelings on the internet is the same as a person running out in the street trying to incite a riot, both are equally wrong, but with the internet more people all over the world can be effected by one persons actions.

May peace and love be with you always.

Old 12-13-2013, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
I love people who have non cookie cutter ideas like these! Anyways, so is there a dualistic spiritual world, where there is a good force and an evil force then?
Yes I suppose you could word it like that.
But the good force, is the creator and more powerful than the evil force.

To me scriptures aren't needed to discern good from bad and god's word is not preserved in ink, there exists in every one the potential for either. Our choices, and their consequences and how we respond to them help shape us, if we look for the wisdom to know what is right we will find it, to me the "Word" of my god is written in the hearts of mankind, hidden underneath our ego's we merely have to seek it to find it. It can be seen but is hard to put into words, merely look at the actions of selfless and good people.

A wise man once said: "Hate does not cease by Hate, only Love can do that, this is a rule of old."
For Hate is a cycle: Fear leads to Angry, Angry leads to Hate, Hate eventually causes War, War causes Fear. It is wise to know not all wars are fought with violence and death but ones that aren't if the cycle keeps going might evolve into such.
But Love is a cycle too: Courage leads to Compassion, Compassion Leads to Love, Love eventually causes Peace and Peace can Inspire Courage. Respond to your enemies with Love and let the coals under their feat burn themselves out.
Both exists as a cycle and can only be interrupted by each other, thus mankind must be mindful of it's actions in dealing with each other. Our negative thoughts are what open us up to the evil forces in our universe but we can protect our selves with positive thoughts and a reflecting mind. It is only by opening ones self up to a spiritual force that it can influence them, whether it is a good one or a bad one, many do not realize they do this.

Love is the only weapon that can truly combat evil.

Old 12-14-2013, 01:43 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,065,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Good point. A lot of people seem to be really bothered by something that they claim is just a fantasy.
Such as the reality, finality, and inescapability of death?

Old 12-14-2013, 10:00 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,865,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Such as the reality, finality, and inescapability of death?
So, you think that someone created the universe and all life for no purpose?

Either that, or you think that everything created itself out of nothing?

Which of the two do you believe?

Old 12-14-2013, 10:46 AM

4,612 posts, read 4,894,522 times
Quote:
The god of the old testament is not my god,
I despise Yahweh with righteous anger because of the evil he has wrought on this world.
Azrael17, I sincerely apologize for thinking your god is the evil character portrayed in the Old Testament.

I hope your god has helped you to become a good person.

Hiker

Old 12-14-2013, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
Azrael17, I sincerely apologize for thinking your god is the evil character portrayed in the Old Testament.

I hope your god has helped you to become a good person.

Hiker
Honest mistake.
Many are not use to Christians like me who don't agree with the mainstream groups.
But it is my intention to make my beliefs mainstream if not in my lifetime, within the next 100 years through converts.

Old 12-14-2013, 11:13 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,865,381 times
Quote:
Honest mistake.
Many are not use to Christians like me who don't agree with the mainstream groups.
But it is my intention to make my beliefs mainstream if not in my lifetime, within the next 100 years through converts.
They will always have the Bible, though.

Old 12-14-2013, 12:14 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,693,440 times
Quote:
Honest mistake.
I suspect that conversion would require some evidence, of which I've seen none. So, don't get your hopes up.

Old 12-14-2013, 04:03 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
If people really understood the Greek word AIONIOS, being merely an adjective derived from its noun form AION, they would not translate aionios as "eternal."

No AION is eternal. The Bible says all the eons end. AIONIOS merely tells us of that which pertains to the eon or eons as the case may be. Just as American tells us of things pertaining to America, i.e. "American president" and Heavenly tells us of that which pertains to Heaven, i.e, "heavenly angel" thus aionion/eonian tells us of that which pertains to the eon(s), i.e., "eonian God" or "eonian chastening."

There is no need for karma or reincarnation. Christ died for all mankind and will eventually save all mankind from sin and death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality