Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 05:33 PM

7,588 posts, read 4,156,645 times

Advertisements

It sounds like a broken record in here.

Rider, thank you for allowing the users to decide which one is more pure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider's Pantheon View Post
Buddha's Tibetan Book Of The Dead has the same eternal compassion as YHWH's Bible. It's up to the user to decide which one is more pure. Which one uses murder to convey it, and which one uses mythology to explain it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2013, 05:41 PM

995 posts, read 955,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You keep saying that but it is not so. That is WHY He was put to death!!! I have agreed that the majority of Christians believe it and I explained the prophesy about why the anti-Christ apostasy would be so in the latter days. But it is not what Jesus was about. OF course Christ is greater than Buddha. He exemplified the Maitri that Buddha only poorly achieved. Christ achieved Maitri while being scourged and crucified!!! Buddha was never even discomfitted. Miracles have nothing to do with conversion. They establish status as the Son of God, period. His agape love (Maitri) for all life even under the worst of circumstances was the Gospel and achieved the conversion.

Buddha's compassion does not require blood sacrifice. It is free, and it is pure. Buddha is FAR wiser than Jesus or anyone else in the Bible. Buddha teaches freedom of religion. The Bible is about worshipping the immoral "God" of murder and terrorism. Not hating here. Just saying it like it is.

Old 12-22-2013, 05:46 PM

Quote:
You keep saying that but it is not so. That is WHY He was put to death!!! I have agreed that the majority of Christians believe it and I explained the prophesy about why the anti-Christ apostasy would be so in the latter days. But it is not what Jesus was about. OF course Christ is greater than Buddha. He exemplified the Maitri that Buddha only poorly achieved. Christ achieved Maitri while being scourged and crucified!!! Buddha was never even discomfitted. Miracles have nothing to do with conversion. They establish status as the Son of God, period. His agape love (Maitri) for all life even under the worst of circumstances was the Gospel and achieved the conversion.

Jesus, like all people of the Bible, deem Moses's laws as holy and sacred. And it's just straight-up terrorism! I added my parenthesis for effect....................

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law(terrorism) or the Prophets(Moses, terrorist dictator); I have come not to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments(terrorism) and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands(terrorism) will be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

Old 12-22-2013, 05:56 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,937,844 times
Quote:
You speak entirely of YHWH the War God of the Jews yet you pretend you are condemning Jesus. You really have your mind screwed on backwards. Your vitriol and enmity for Moses and YHWH is palpable . . . but it has NOTHING to do with Jesus. You have no clue what Christ is all about . . . but you are not alone . . . neither do the majority of Christians who accept the ancient ignorance of the OT. You have a serious problem with the OT and you need to get over it. Buddha personally did NOTHING remotely compassionate that would compare to Christ.
Neither do you as you are the one who is ignorant, Christ main thing was to die for our sins by going to the cross and then finally the resurrection, if you don't believe in the bible both covenants then you don't believe in God or His Son.

Last edited by perry335654; 12-22-2013 at 06:19 PM..

Old 12-22-2013, 06:06 PM

Quote:

Most Christians believe that they needed Jesus to be torchured and die for them because they are sinners, and death is the penalty of sin, and they thank God that someone else had to die horribly for them.

I understand that a spiritual death is the path to cleansing of sin. Death and resurrection on a spiritual level is the path to liberation from sin. Buddha teaches this and he didn't kill an innocent man to show the way. He is wiser. He is of the light.

Old 12-22-2013, 07:06 PM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
You speak entirely of YHWH the War God of the Jews yet you pretend you are condemning Jesus. You really have your mind screwed on backwards. Your vitriol and enmity for Moses and YHWH is palpable . . . but it has NOTHING to do with Jesus. You have no clue what Christ is all about . . . but you are not alone . . . neither do the majority of Christians who accept the ancient ignorance of the OT. You have a serious problem with the OT and you need to get over it. Buddha personally did NOTHING remotely compassionate that would compare to Christ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Neither do you as you are the one who is ignorant, Christ main thing was to die for our sins by going to the cross and then finally the resurrection, if you don't believe in the bible both covenants then you don't believe in God or His Son.
This is simplistic reasoning. Truth is in the Bible as God-inspired . . . but not everything in it. Christ IS the TRUTH and the Living Word of God. Under the New Covenant we are NOT to rely on words "written in ink." We are to rely on the Holy Spirit (Comforter) to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts." That is what Christians under the New Covenant are to believe . . . and we are to follow Christ's instructions to His disciples to "love God and each other"daily and repent when we don't.

The Old Covenant is done away with and the veil of ignorance over reading the OT has been lifted by Christ. Only by reading the Bible with the "mind of Christ" (WWJT) can you lift the veil of ignorance of our ancestors and know God. Our ignorant savage ancestors did NOT know God. They were wrong about God, period. Christ died BECAUSE of our sins (missing the mark). We "knew not what we were doing" in our savagery and barbarity . . . so we crucified Him. That is how He died "for" (because of) our sins . . . NOT because a vengeful jealous God demanded a blood sacrifice to appease His anger and some twisted sense of justice.

Christ's death and rebirth as Spirit(Resurrection) is what removed our separation from God. His human consciousness (Spirit) joined the collective human consciousness as the Comforter(Holy Spirit). That connects all human consciousness to God. Now Christ abides with us and we have His Holy Spirit (Comforter) to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts."

Old 12-22-2013, 07:16 PM

Quote:
This is simplistic reasoning. Truth is in the Bible as God-inspired . . . but not everything in it. Christ IS the TRUTH and the Living Word of God. Under the New Covenant we are NOT to rely on words "written in ink." We are to rely on the Holy Spirit (Comforter) to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts." That is what Christians under the New Covenant are to believe . . . and we are to follow Christ's instructions to His disciples to "love God and each other"daily and repent when we don't.

The Old Covenant is done away with and the veil of ignorance over reading the OT has been lifted by Christ. Only by reading the Bible with the "mind of Christ" (WWJT) can you lift the veil of ignorance of our ancestors and know God. Our ignorant savage ancestors did NOT know God. They were wrong about God, period. Christ died BECAUSE of our sins (missing the mark). We "knew not what we were doing" in our savagery and barbarity . . . so we crucified Him. That is how He died "for" (because of) our sins . . . NOT because a vengeful jealous God demanded a blood sacrifice to appease His anger and some twisted sense of justice.

Christ's death and rebirth as Spirit(Resurrection) is what removed our separation from God. His human consciousness (Spirit) joined the collective human consciousness as the Comforter(Holy Spirit). That connects all human consciousness to God. Now Christ abides with us and we have His Holy Spirit (Comforter) to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts."

Christ in no way died For, or because of my sin. I had nothing to do with it. Jesus died because of the cult that deemed him guilty of capitol crimes. The Bible DEEMED him worthy of crucifixion. It is the jealous, vengeful God, YHWH that condemned him to die. The Holy spirit has been openly philosophized about in a MANY number of other religions, and they did not need the brutal torchure and death of an innocent man to be enlightened to it.

Old 12-22-2013, 07:22 PM

Quote:

If I were on the scene of Jesus's ministry, I would be waving my arms denouncing and condemning Moses and YHWH, and their horrible doctrine of terrorism. I can not be held responsible for Jesus's murder, and anyone that suggests that I have had a hand in it, is extremely evil imo.

You want to blame the people, and not blame the doctrine they were following. The doctrine and the terrorists in the doctrine need to take responsibility for Jesus's murder. That Bible is why he was murdered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality