Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 09:29 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,709,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoveringMyArm399 View Post
As far as I know, the Almighty and Jesus were two persons. The considered body of Christ had done something errr... jaw-dropping. So I am figuring out what went wrong. In the mean times, I had to take hold on the Creator HIMSELF with the gift of the Christ. And that is how the walk will be walking for now. No matter what the Christ had done wrong, everybody knows I hate burdens. All I need is on me, okay? I forget things quickly overtime, as long as yesterdays won't get in todays. And this is my speech as a creature. And for the godly speaking, I am, I meant myself as the I am, not in the position to judge. Even so I am, and I told you I hated to be burdened with no matter a golden rule or sapphire ruler.

For your second question: please check the Bible. In the image of GOD, made he him. I AM. The Almighty GOD. The GOD of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob......... And I do what I please.

Can I charge you for defining the meanings on GOD now? Your bill will be mailed to your address. Just kidding. GOD is not a merchandise. HE is your life.
Fair question. I am talking about the personal gods of the various religions, And quasi - gods, too such as Thetans and Karma. For the purposes of Pascal's wager, one has to mean particular gods with a link to particular religions the acceptance of which is a condition of getting into a nice afterlife or being condemned to a nasty one.

Anything else - including First Cause, Sortagod or the god of Einstein - is irrelevant to the wager of Blaize Pascal.

That should do. Now I repeat, what if it turns out to be Allah? Setting aside the point that what the Bible says is neither here nor there, Allah is just the latest message of the same god of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Jesus, Muhammad and for that matter, Joseph Smith.

Over to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2015, 12:47 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,574,029 times
for me. The data says something exists and we are part of it. It really is indisputable by trained personnel. But I would bet money no omni god thing exists.

Old 04-06-2015, 07:10 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,574,109 times
My money would be on him no existing. If this world is evidence of "god's" work, then I'm not impressed. Someone as powerful as they claim he is couldn't possibly mess things up this bad!

Old 04-06-2015, 07:46 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,649,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
Here's a curious question; If god's existence were to be proven, or disproved, tomorrow, would you bet a large sum of money today on the outcome? I overheard the question posed to someone the other day. It kind of comes down to; how much faith does a person put in his faith; his life savings, for example?
Sure I would. My perception of God, that is.
And I'll give 2 to 1 odds. Any amount of money...right now. I'm a sure winner...so it really isn't a "bet".

Old 04-06-2015, 01:20 PM

6,324 posts, read 4,322,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Sure I would. My perception of God, that is.
And I'll give 2 to 1 odds. Any amount of money...right now. I'm a sure winner...so it really isn't a "bet".
*snicker* When you can make up your own god, then yeah, you're right. You can't lose.

Old 04-06-2015, 05:17 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,649,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
*snicker* When you can make up your own god, then yeah, you're right. You can't lose.
Well...the OP did say "god's" (small "g")...so I figured it could include nonDeity gods.
So, I was all set! Sweet.
I promise to donate my winnings.

Old 01-26-2016, 06:41 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,738,183 times
If 'love' of a child were to be proved, or disproved, tomorrow, would one wager on it?

Love can't be proved. Actions can be pointed to but that is not an empirical proof.

So yea, I wager on God, just as I wager on love of all that I hold dear. If the ultimate 'act' of proof is willingness to give up my life on their behalf, I can think of no greater wager.

Old 01-26-2016, 07:53 PM

2,826 posts, read 2,367,436 times
You shall not put the Lord your God to the test.

But if I were to give odds, I would give 2:1 odds. Anyone who doesn't know about betting, those are good odds, with 10:1 long odds.

Quote:
I would put money on the existence of a God but not that any of the three abrahamic faiths are true
This though. I'm a theist, but I have strong skepticism for organized religion most days.

Quote:
I'd bet everything that no eternal supernatural being/s have ever existed.
Would you bet your eternal soul? I could interest you in some card games too.

Old 01-26-2016, 07:56 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,155,884 times
I like to diversify my investments, so I own an index fund which invests in every god that humans have ever believed in.

Old 01-26-2016, 08:00 PM

22,161 posts, read 19,213,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
have bet not only all my money but also my health and well being and home.
it was a good bet.
I'm with Huckleberry here
i have put it all on the line and cash in the winnings on a daily basis
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality