Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 03:19 AM

11 posts, read 14,044 times

Advertisements

Hey all.

I am a newbie here.

I am up for a cause against the fraudulent actions of religiously controlled Kiryas Joel village. I hope I learn a lot from you all. Opinions and support will be well appreciated .

The KJ Village has a history of harassing people in the community and abusing its political power to get what they want—regardless of whose rights they trample on—in a way that no other city in this country has ever done. The village and allied religious groups are involved in orchestrated powerful and systemic church and state violations, civil rights violations, violating free speech and freedom of religion, taking control of state and federal courts, and systemic terror against those deemed a problem.

This federal action was brought by a resident in this Hasidic, ultra-Orthodox, close-knit community of KJ Village, who became a terror victim once he spoke out against criminal actions done under false religious pretenses.

In 2010, he got involved in a campaign to stop forced divorces that have been taking place through the use of criminal kidnappings within the community. Threatened by the campaign, some people aligned with the mafia religious groups in the community tried to silence him by constantly terrorizing and intimidating him. Officials from Orange County and others outside the community where then joined in their campaign to stop him.

After protracted terror and civil rights violations, in which county officials had played along to fraudulently facilitate these violations under color of law, he filed a lawsuit in federal court against his terrorizers, including the KJ Village and Orange County seeking protection and justice.

Subsequently the harassment and intimidation picked up with increased fervor and he soon found himself extremely terrorized, expelled from the Village, and homeless. His family was broken up and his children were taken from him—all in a plot to block his access to courts and stop his involvement in the religious campaign.

The religious groups and the mafia behind this terror in conjunction with the KJ Village then decided to use their powerful connections and political influence to conspire with the County Attorney as well as the other attorneys involved to contact the federal judge presiding over the case, Judge Briccetti, and convince him to back off and turn a blind eye, in the same manner they did with the State Judge.

Not only did Judge Briccetti stop performing his role as a neutral judge, but, acting under the influence of the KJ Village, he also became a participant in furthering the object of the conspiracy. The victim has now brought another lawsuit in federal court to set aside Judge Briccetti’s actions as it was induced by fraud.

We have proper blogs for the incidents that have shook us. Find more at our website.

Thank you for your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2013, 07:12 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,649,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiryasjoelvillage View Post
Hey all.

I am a newbie here.

I am up for a cause against the fraudulent actions of religiously controlled Kiryas Joel village. I hope I learn a lot from you all. Opinions and support will be well appreciated .

The KJ Village has a history of harassing people in the community and abusing its political power to get what they want—regardless of whose rights they trample on—in a way that no other city in this country has ever done. The village and allied religious groups are involved in orchestrated powerful and systemic church and state violations, civil rights violations, violating free speech and freedom of religion, taking control of state and federal courts, and systemic terror against those deemed a problem.

This federal action was brought by a resident in this Hasidic, ultra-Orthodox, close-knit community of KJ Village, who became a terror victim once he spoke out against criminal actions done under false religious pretenses.

In 2010, he got involved in a campaign to stop forced divorces that have been taking place through the use of criminal kidnappings within the community. Threatened by the campaign, some people aligned with the mafia religious groups in the community tried to silence him by constantly terrorizing and intimidating him. Officials from Orange County and others outside the community where then joined in their campaign to stop him.

After protracted terror and civil rights violations, in which county officials had played along to fraudulently facilitate these violations under color of law, he filed a lawsuit in federal court against his terrorizers, including the KJ Village and Orange County seeking protection and justice.

Subsequently the harassment and intimidation picked up with increased fervor and he soon found himself extremely terrorized, expelled from the Village, and homeless. His family was broken up and his children were taken from him—all in a plot to block his access to courts and stop his involvement in the religious campaign.

The religious groups and the mafia behind this terror in conjunction with the KJ Village then decided to use their powerful connections and political influence to conspire with the County Attorney as well as the other attorneys involved to contact the federal judge presiding over the case, Judge Briccetti, and convince him to back off and turn a blind eye, in the same manner they did with the State Judge.

Not only did Judge Briccetti stop performing his role as a neutral judge, but, acting under the influence of the KJ Village, he also became a participant in furthering the object of the conspiracy. The victim has now brought another lawsuit in federal court to set aside Judge Briccetti’s actions as it was induced by fraud.

We have proper blogs for the incidents that have shook us. Find more at our website.

Thank you for your time.
Welcome to the board...you will love it, it's really great.

I'm based just a few miles from Kiryas Joel...in Poughkeepsie.
You say your friend has a family with kids. I have advice for your friend...forget it and don't bother about it further. If he was single, I might think different.
It's a religious haven and stronghold...and that is that.
It is a huge benefit drain on the taxpayers and most are on the dole. The whole town is made up mostly of children...and it grows like crazy...due to incredible breeding rates. Look it up...you'll see. It is not a "normal" town.

Your friend is spitting into a strong wind. Discretion is the better part of valor.
Have your friend try to get his family back together, dump that load, and move away from that place.

Old 12-23-2013, 09:52 AM

864 posts, read 870,931 times
So why doesn't you or your friend move. Are you forced to live in KJ? As GldnRle has stated, the village is growing by leaps and bounds--that's not usually an indication of a miserable place to be.

Is this a religious topic at all?

Old 12-23-2013, 10:09 AM

19,993 posts, read 13,470,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwishiwerethin View Post
So why doesn't you or your friend move. Are you forced to live in KJ? As GldnRle has stated, the village is growing by leaps and bounds--that's not usually an indication of a miserable place to be.

Is this a religious topic at all?
It's very much about hyperfundamentalist religion. KJ and a couple of similar settlements have a long history of human rights and health violations and represent the worst examples of what can go wrong when religious exemptions from societal rules are taken too far. I don't remember if it's KJ or one of the others that had a high rate of Hepatitis A due to ritual communal bathing practices -- especially in children. In fact the vaccine was tested in that town. When children are subjected to such things and girls and young women are turned into baby factories, yes, that is a proper topic for religion. These are not nice sweet Amish people just trying to live off the land.

I don't know where you get the notion that population growth = happiness.

Old 12-23-2013, 10:34 AM

Your posting does not ring of a true KJ resident, fella'. You're throwing out vague accusations sans the typical KJ vernacular. The haters have bitten, which is all you sought to accomplish.

Can you prove to us your friend is a nice guy?

If you're harassed in KJ or anywhere, all you have to do is move. A judge ruled against your friend, and you're mad. So now we're supposed to believe the judge only did so because of political pressure. Get a life.

Last edited by iwishiwerethin; 12-23-2013 at 10:48 AM..

Old 12-23-2013, 11:28 AM

82 posts, read 63,543 times
Stay away from K.J.... They have a "welcome" sign that tells people what do wear and do lol

Old 12-23-2013, 11:40 AM

4,729 posts, read 4,363,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takkarr View Post
Stay away from K.J.... They have a "welcome" sign that tells people what do wear and do lol
That's the whole point if the sign. Yes, if you don't understand why they have it, you should indeed stay away.

Old 12-23-2013, 11:48 AM

19,993 posts, read 13,470,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwishiwerethin View Post
If you're harassed in KJ or anywhere, all you have to do is move.
If you're harassed in KJ or anywhere, all they have to do is knock it off. It's not right to harass people. Folks shouldn't have to move because of other people's intolerance.

In all honesty I have no dog in this hunt and don't normally give a fig what intellectual ghettoes people want to create for themselves and live in. I have relatives who do that. I used to do it, if not to the KJ extreme. But I understand the impulse.

While I doubt CD will allow an overt crusade against any religious group, however egregious the abuses they may be accused of, it seems fair game to discuss what's a matter of public record as to their conduct. It seems fair game to debate whether religious freedom goes so far as to allow it to become an excuse for a group to become "above" the law, and how we as a society determine when that line is crossed and whether it has been crossed in this instance. It seems reasonable to discuss whether a group can become so exclusionary as to make people living amongst them according to different beliefs feel unsafe and untolerated and even overtly persecuted.

There are non-religious parallels and debates, so this isn't a purely religious issue. For example, there are gated retiree or "mature adult" communities that exclude children and/or adults under a certain age. Then there's a death or family malfunction and someone's granddaughter has nowhere to go but to stay with grandparents. Does that community have a right to force those people to sell and move out? Should they have such a right?

It is no different if a community decides to enforce codes of dress, conduct and social convention, religious or otherwise, and then refuses to trade with the general public in any way, don't you think?

Old 12-23-2013, 12:47 PM

The OP seems to be posting the same drivel all over the internet.

Old 12-23-2013, 12:50 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,526,360 times
Sounds like a good fit for the ultimate 'nanny' state of new yark. They control how big your big gulp can be (or tried to), or how many boolets you can put in your gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality