Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2020, 10:12 PM

18,190 posts, read 16,761,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
So you call her an "expert"? Really? What's it take for me to create a geocities page and be called an expert by you?

Well, the original post, you'll notice is from 2013. I was much kinder and gentler in my labelings then than I am today. Far as you're concerned tell me your accomplishments and I'll tell you if I'd label you an expert.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2020, 09:44 AM
Status: "My worldview is based on the inerrant word of God." (set 28 days ago)

18,780 posts, read 6,831,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Well, the original post, you'll notice is from 2013. I was much kinder and gentler in my labelings then than I am today. Far as you're concerned tell me your accomplishments and I'll tell you if I'd label you an expert.
I don't claim to be. But you seem to act like one, then I see you rip stuff out of context.

Old 12-16-2020, 10:21 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,580,079 times
Alive and 92 years. I am thinking she is pretty feisty. If she is lucent, I am sure she would love to hear from you. You can find her address and phone number on the web. Call her.. She does not bite.

Old 12-16-2020, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I don't claim to be. But you seem to act like one, then I see you rip stuff out of context.

Well, as I said this is 7 years ago. You'll find I've mellowed in the time I've been away.

Old 12-16-2020, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Alive and 92 years. I am thinking she is pretty feisty. If she is lucent, I am sure she would love to hear from you. You can find her address and phone number on the web. Call her.. She does not bite.

Incredible! I'm glad to hear she's still with us. So how come she isn't keeping up her Pro and Con question answering?

Old 09-28-2023, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post

Quote:
Incredible! I'm glad to hear she's still with us. So how come she isn't keeping up her Pro and Con question answering?

I'd feel like a hypocrite if I did. At the time I asked in 2013 I was still a Christian. Now I am a hardcore atheist. If she asked me, "Are you a student of prophecy?" I wouldn't know what to say. So now it's 3 years later and she'd be 95. I'd just like to know she is still around. I think back on my naive days in 1998 when she made the rapture call and I was all a flutter that day, sitting around with my bags packed ready to fly upward. Now I feel pretty foolish about the whole thing.

Old 09-29-2023, 12:08 AM

6,617 posts, read 2,814,532 times
THIS is from Bing:

Marilyn J Agee is an American author and Bible prophecy researcher who has written several books and articles on the end times, the rapture, and the Antichrist. She is known for her controversial and often inaccurate predictions of the date of the rapture, based on her interpretation of biblical numerology and astronomy. She runs a website called Bible Prophecy Corner where she posts her views and answers questions from readers. She also claims to have had a visitation from her deceased husband, Ed, who died in 2011.

According to some online sources, Marilyn J Agee passed away in 2018 at the age of 88. However, I could not find any official confirmation or obituary for her death. Her website has not been updated since June 2017, and her email address is no longer active. It is possible that she is still alive but unable to maintain her online presence due to health or financial issues.

Old 09-29-2023, 02:06 AM

17,629 posts, read 13,448,531 times
Well, I guess there is still Marilyn Hickey. I think she is still alive and kickin'.

Old 09-29-2023, 03:18 PM
Status: "My worldview is based on the inerrant word of God." (set 28 days ago)

18,780 posts, read 6,831,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Well, I guess there is still Marilyn Hickey. I think she is still alive and kickin'.
My hope would be that both Marilynns either have or will repent before their deaths and embrace sound teaching.

Old 09-29-2023, 04:27 PM

22,764 posts, read 10,223,226 times
Quote:
I drop by to her website, Bible Prophecy Corner, The Forever-Family occasionally but it's disappeared. I checked obituaries but I cannot find one, so it's like she gave up her website. She's very old maybe 85 or so and her beloved husband, Ed passed away two years ago. She claimed very forcefully in many of her blogs Pro/Con that he visited her four months after he passed away in a spiritual body dressed in a suit; that she could clearly see him and that he spoke with her. This is unusual for a fundamentalist to be breaking with traditional dogma like this. I believe her, however because I have read hundreds of accounts from former fundamentalists who have given up fundamentalism on account of similar experiences.

Anybody have any current info on her condition?
I just loved the woman, she had such a gift of hope and openness, and I really admire her passion and thinking from angles somebody else may not.

Brings back memories Thrill, thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality