Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2014, 12:45 PM

6,324 posts, read 4,323,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Outstanding post! This post should be hung on the wall inside EVERY Church in America and around the world. The current mainstream apostasy embracing this "doctrine of demons" needs to be confronted directly at every opportunity. The doctrine IS psychologically damaging and completely ridiculous!
Why thank you, Mystic. Though let me re-write it before it starts showing up in the churches. I could have written it to be a bit more clear. Of course, we're our own worst critics.

The thread title does state that belief as a condition of salvation is an unreasonable demand.

Indeed it is.

Because if you couple that with my last post, it essentially means that we have to believe that everyone but Christians deserve to fry on Satan's grill.

Even if I believed in God, that is not something I could ever believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2014, 01:12 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post

Going around believing that 2/3rds of the world's population deserve to be tortured eternally is damaging to the psyche - more so than people think.
Oh, it's much worse. Many people who believe that are ardently anti-abortion. Think about their believing every conception must result in a birth but only a select few go to Heaven.

(Warning. Requires a really strong stomach.)

Last edited by DewDropInn; 01-15-2014 at 01:30 PM..

Old 01-15-2014, 02:05 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,786,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayjeena View Post

The original claim (see post #112 ) was that the person who “doesn't
have Christ” is sent to hell for their sin. Here, you seem to be
suggesting that one should be acting “Christ-like” in order to be
considered a True Christian. Are you suggesting, then, that someone
who doesn't “have Christ” but who does act “Christ-like” would make it
to heaven and is a
True Christian?

If not, then what do y'all mean by “having Christ”?

-

No. To be saved/have Christ/become a Christian/gain eternal life/gain entrance to Heaven, one must believe by faith in Christ's redemptive work, for the remission of their sins. That action not only regenerates the sinner, but changes the heart, and therefore one's actions.

Old 01-15-2014, 02:24 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
No. To be saved/have Christ/become a Christian/gain eternal life/gain entrance to Heaven, one must believe by faith in Christ's redemptive work, for the remission of their sins. That action not only regenerates the sinner, but changes the heart, and therefore one's actions.
Does that mean one would become more like Vizio?

Old 01-15-2014, 02:30 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,941,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayjeena View Post

The original claim (see post #112 ) was that the person who “doesn't
have Christ” is sent to hell for their sin. Here, you seem to be
suggesting that one should be acting “Christ-like” in order to be
considered a True Christian. Are you suggesting, then, that someone
who doesn't “have Christ” but who does act “Christ-like” would make it
to heaven and is a
True Christian?

If not, then what do y'all mean by “having Christ”?

-

That means by having the spirit of the Lord in your heart that you want to have a change of heart and mind to want to walk in the way of Jesus, to recognize that you are a sinner and to give up your sinful nature ways

One can't say I accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and go back to their old ways, they have to have a change of heart in order to gain salvation

God is the only one who knows the true heart.

As one gets older and still hasn't accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, their heart becomes harden and less likely to look upon the Lord.

Old 01-15-2014, 03:50 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
Quote:
So he wore a cross, but acted un-Christ-like, and you've determined he was indeed a Christian.
Yes, he was a pentecostal lay preacher and also bragged about not reporting his income, or 'love offerings' on his income taxes he received for preaching, and how much he made doing it. He tried his best to 'save' me, until I made it clear, very clear, that he could take his religion and shove it, and I gave him details as to where. He worked out of the same office for a while. His habitual lying is why I only had to be in this jerk presence for a few months.

So smack your forehead in your false indignation all you want, he boasted about being a christian, and while extreme he is only the worst of many I have had the misfortune to meet, know or attempt to do business with over the years. I learned very quickly when a business person wears their religion on their sleeve, lapel, or around their neck, be wary, very wary, for this person is likely unethical to downright as crooked and dishonest as they come. It proved to be an accurate assessment 80 - 90% of the time.

Old 01-15-2014, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Yes, he was a pentecostal lay preacher and also bragged about not reporting his income, or 'love offerings' on his income taxes he received for preaching, and how much he made doing it. He tried his best to 'save' me, until I made it clear, very clear, that he could take his religion and shove it, and I gave him details as to where. He worked out of the same office for a while. His habitual lying is why I only had to be in this jerk presence for a few months.

So smack your forehead in your false indignation all you want, he boasted about being a christian, and while extreme he is only the worst of many I have had the misfortune to meet, know or attempt to do business with over the years. I learned very quickly when a business person wears their religion on their sleeve, lapel, or around their neck, be wary, very wary, for this person is likely unethical to downright as crooked and dishonest as they come. It proved to be an accurate assessment 80 - 90% of the time.
So, if your neighbor tells you his tree is an apple tree, but it bears oranges, you still think it's an apple tree?

Old 01-15-2014, 04:17 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
Quote:
So, if your neighbor tells you his tree is an apple tree, but it bears oranges, you still think it's an apple tree?
Your book of fairy tales has you believe an unfathomable amount of total nonsense, what's your point.

Old 01-15-2014, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Your book of fairy tales has you believe an unfathomable amount of total nonsense, what's your point.
LOL! My work here is done.

Old 01-15-2014, 04:54 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,941,124 times
Quote:

Jimmie is saying that this individual is not a Christian,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality