Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 08:50 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,617,514 times

Advertisements

blue wrote:
Quote:
Montana, I noticed that one of your jobs was a miner..What kind of mine?
I worked for the Anaconda Company in my home town of Butte, Montana. It's a copper mine and is mostly an open pit operation. That was many years ago when I was young.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2007, 09:05 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,787,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Four jobs I have had in my life:

3- Dr. Zhivago

I have seen this one noted too many times to ignore it. This is also my mother's all time favorite movie (not making any age-reference here). I have never watched it and I am beginning to think that maybe I should. I just have never been able to appreciate old, black and white movies. I know that I am missing many great movies, but I just don't do them well. June, do we need a session? Is there something that I should know about my mental health?

Old 12-02-2007, 09:09 AM

7,995 posts, read 12,268,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post
I have seen this one noted too many times to ignore it. This is also my mother's all time favorite movie (not making any age-reference here). I have never watched it and I am beginning to think that maybe I should. I just have never been able to appreciate old, black and white movies. I know that I am missing many great movies, but I just don't do them well. June, do we need a session? Is there something that I should know about my mental health?
Oh for pete sake! You have never watched "Dr. Zhivago?"

Now listen, my dear Weather:

First off, the movie isn't in black and white. It's in full living color and the sound track it beyond wonderful! As well, the undying romantic in you should feel duty bound to partake in such a wonderful, classic film! Here is June's suggestion:

Bring that dear husband of yours up here for the first big blizzard/snow storm of the season, and along with Montana, the four of us can be "snow bound" and sit and watch the movie! You'll love it! It's got to be watched in the winter!

It will warm your heart...

Old 12-02-2007, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Oh for pete sake! You have never watched "Dr. Zhivago?"

Now listen, my dear Weather:

First off, the movie isn't in black and white. It's in full living color and the sound track it beyond wonderful! As well, the undying romantic in you should feel duty bound to partake in such a wonderful, classic film! Here is June's suggestion:

Bring that dear husband of yours up here for the first big blizzard/snow storm of the season, and along with Montana, the four of us can be "snow bound" and sit and watch the movie! You'll love it! It's got to be watched in the winter!

It will warm your heart...
Dear June,
It would definately have to be somewhere besides my home then!! I was just complaining to DH that it is time to turn the A/C back on!!! COLD is something that we rarely experience in the sunshine state!
Weather...

Old 12-02-2007, 10:16 AM

5,493 posts, read 7,332,104 times
Four jobs I have had in my life:

1. necropsy technician
2. head shop supply salesman
3. property management
4. Appraiser

Four movies I've watched more than once:

1. Blade runner
2. The Insider
3. Blazing Saddles
4. Slingblade

I have lived:

1. Ithaca New York
2. Fair haven Vermont
3. Maryland
4. Lyon France

Favorite TV programs I watch:

1. History Channel
2. Golf Channel
3. Cooking Shows
4. The sopranos

Favorite past time activities:

1. Golf
2. Yard work
3. Dinner with friends
4. Going out to the movies

Four places I have been: Only four?

1. Istanbul
2. Patmos
3. Venice
4. Anger

People who e-mail me

1. My secretary
2. My wife
3. Ray
4. Our local Volunteer Fire Company

Four of my favorite foods:

1. Chocolate Chip cookies
2. Bacon
3. Home made ice cream
4. Chicken Fried Steak

Four places I would rather be right now, if not here.

1. Clearwater Florida
2. The mediteranean
3. San Diego
4. Sicily

Four friends I think will respond:

1. Anyone
2. Satanoid
3. Trick D
4. Irish Mom

Four things I am looking forward to this year

1. South American Cruise
2. Maybe buying a new car
3. Spring
4. Golf

Old 12-02-2007, 10:17 AM

7,995 posts, read 12,268,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post

Dear June,

I was just complaining to DH that it is time to turn the A/C back on!!! COLD is something that we rarely experience in the sunshine state!
Weather...
Huh?

As I sit here typing this, the thermometer outside is registering a whopping 19 degrees! I am on my way, "Dr. Zhivago" DVD in hand, and heading to the airport! I've phoned ahead and made the arrangements. Only question still remaining: Can you pick Montana and I up at the airport at the same time?

Donning my bikini beneath my down parka, (yeah, right...)
-June humming "Somewhere My Love"

Old 12-02-2007, 10:57 AM

9,888 posts, read 10,817,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dojilynn View Post
I have an idea, we'll switch places. I'd much rather be in Seattle.
We have been so close to moving to st george, Love it down there. I actually try to avoid the city of Seattle like the plague, only go there if I absolutely have to. It is tough to pull up stakes and move, especially when you are in business.

Old 12-02-2007, 11:11 AM

1,962 posts, read 5,195,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
We have been so close to moving to st george, Love it down there. I actually try to avoid the city of Seattle like the plague, only go there if I absolutely have to. It is tough to pull up stakes and move, especially when you are in business.
I hear you brother! I've been trying to exodus from CA for three years! I avoid the big cites as well, can't stand them. We keep praying that this year will be the one.

Old 12-02-2007, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Huh?

As I sit here typing this, the thermometer outside is registering a whopping 19 degrees! I am on my way, "Dr. Zhivago" DVD in hand, and heading to the airport! I've phoned ahead and made the arrangements. Only question still remaining: Can you pick Montana and I up at the airport at the same time?

Donning my bikini beneath my down parka, (yeah, right...)
-June humming "Somewhere My Love"

June,
Just call when you land and I will be there before you can even make it to the curb.
Can't wait to 'see' you!
Weather...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality